Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b3nsonx
    which would be cheaper?
    to buy all the required parts BRAND NEW or to get this rear disc conversion kit?

http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Browse.aspx?d=1777&h=174
    (scroll down the bottom)

the kit is pretty tempting because cross drilled/slotted 11.4 inch rotors with stainless steel brake lines!
    but im worried it might be missing some parts like the master cylinder and stuff, im gonna call them/email them to find out
    never knew this kit existed. if you have the money by all means! i didn't spend that much to make it work, but again i've only used stock parts, this one is all aftermarket racing parts.

but wouldn't it look weird to have all racing parts out back and stock up front? 11" is HUGE!
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

What parts do you absolutely need? you don't need the trailing arms?
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
        never knew this kit existed. if you have the money by all means! i didn't spend that much to make it work, but again i've only used stock parts, this one is all aftermarket racing parts.

but wouldn't it look weird to have all racing parts out back and stock up front? 11" is HUGE!
        then that would be matched with the 11 inch prelude rotors in the front

by the way, what is the size of the rear rotors that come off the accord for this conversion?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

if I were to get the parts from another cb7 that has rear discs for the rear brakes, what exactly would I need? do I only need the rotors and calipers to swap it?

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
          be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

I got a guy who wants to sell me a set-up from a 94 accord, minus the trailing arms. Will the CB trailing arms bolt onto the CD set and how big of pita will it be to do the arm swap? I'm not worried about the disc swap itself but I take it theres a reason everyone buys the trailing arms with their set-ups?

Never underestimate a 4-door Accord

Comment

To answer your question Busak, heres the list of parts you need...

-upper arms from the chassis
              -WHOLE lower crossmember (so you can use the rear sway bar too!)
              -trailing arm from the chassis (near the jackpoints along the sideskirts)
              -regular brake lines
              -emergency brake lines

Timmy0tool gets the credit for the parts list. I just copied and pasted it.

Comment

yeah you really don't need the trailing arms. they are both the same on drum and disc setups. you HAVE to unbolt the knuckle section off the trailing arms though where it differs. the knuckle is where the rear caliper bolts on to.

you don't really need the rear crossmember for the swap but if you want to run a rear swaybar (handles 2x better with one) you'll need it. it's only 4 bolts to remove the whole thing so why not?!

you'll need your stock DX/LX brake soft lines, PLUS the other 2 soft lines that go to the calipers.

the upper arms from the chassis are the same on both drum and disc setups.

the emergency brakelines are different so you'll need to get those specifically for disc.

hope that clears it out some!
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool

you'll need your stock DX/LX brake soft lines, PLUS the other 2 soft lines that go to the calipers.

Probably would be best to get some steel braided lines too! (Might as well since you are going to be upgrading to rear disc, and having to bleed the brakes!)

Ah yes I remember doing this swap a while back. Took me about a week to do, mostly by myself, after work (9-5). Good luck everyone!

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Ok so I dont need the trailing arms. Cool. But will the CD rear discs fit the CB with out any additional modifications or parts?

Comment

yes they will...
                      but you will need to order the longer bolts that connects the two arms and knuckle together

the ones on the cb models is smaller and will not bolt up that was my problem when i did mine

so just order the bolts or get it when you take the rear discs off the donor car
                      H22 fund = 3000 hopefully soon My Member's Ride Thread

Canon XTI | 28-135mm IS USM | 18-55mm kit lens | 50mm 1.8 II

Comment

coool sounds like a plan!
                        back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by Kabuki
                          Just to make your search easier... The rear knuckles from the vigors will work for this conversion too. You can also CONVERT your existing knuckles by swapping the hubs, bearings, backing plates, rotors, and calipers seperately.
                          Is it easier to convert using existing knuckles?

Comment

I dont think its easier. Its actually more time consuming swapping all your original pieces over to the rear disc arms. It's easier to just put the whole assembly from a rear disc car right on your CB. But its cheaper and more convenient to use some of your old parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfiend92lx
                              I dont think its easier. Its actually more time consuming swapping all your original pieces over to the rear disc arms. It's easier to just put the whole assembly from a rear disc car right on your CB. But its cheaper and more convenient to use some of your old parts.
                              thats true cuz lots of us don't have much $$$
                              back at it again

Comment

not sure you can do that, where would you mount the caliper bracket because the drum knuckle does not have the mounting points that the disc ones do?

Comment

Working...
                                X