No announcement yet.

SUSP : rear disc conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The valve needs to be from an integra. The Accord one will not work because it is different because of the ABS system that you do not have, nor need.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Okay, so when I got the wagon, I was like: EX, YES! F22A6 YES!

I did my brakes and NO!!!! I don't have the discs in the rear.

Today's task: Rear disk convertion. I will post pics tonight.
      Last edited by djcaz_aom; 03-08-2007, 03:40 AM.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

The difference is like night and day!!!!

Great write up.

Comment

I just took of the rear drums this past weekend and it was easier than expected. Just recieved some Powerslots rotors and all that I need now is new calipers + brake pads. I will finish the rest of the conversion this coming weekend.
          14 Shot by primecb7, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks for the post, I'm hoping to maybe give this a shot in a month or so once it quits snowing here in freakin Indiana in April...

Comment

Yo primesniper, I saw that picture of your rear discs today. Nice shiet man, lemme know if you need ANY info or help bro.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

i wanted to add , that ive done this rear brake conversion on my non abs 96 accord at the moment the brake fells softer not enuff grip .... mind you i havnt changed the master cylinder etc as yet .. ive notice the number on the booster for my car reads nm255 my bros waggon reads nm260 and the sir reads nm290 . now for the master cylinder , at the top where the resovior has a very tiny ball bearing and some other mc has two ...what should i lookin for to replace on my accord to make the brakes fine ...
                need answer asap

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

try getting the proportionong valve and the master cylinder for a 4 wheel disk setup...... should help the feel. and make sure the brakes are bled well

Comment

just change the proportioning valve first. use one from a non-abs car with rear disc such as a 90-93 integra (with NO ABS). typically cars with rear disc have ABS. you need a proportioning valve from a car originally with rear discs and WITHOUT ABS.

also the master cylinder tends to go bad after a converions, i don't know why but it did for me. replace that at the same time as the prop valve so you only have to bleed once through. good luck!
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

search ebay for integra 40/40 valve, there is one on there now
                      FA1

Comment

Bump for a sick DIY and djcaz_aom where are those pics

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                          Bump for a sick DIY and djcaz_aom where are those pics
                          They are in my member's ride thread. Sorry I forgot to post 'em up.

Comment

i dont think it ever mentioned how to take the e-brake cables from the e-brake.

well, 2 12mm bolts and some manuevering of lines and you are there. i wasnted to add this because i was confused where to disconnect them add but found it within the car. (this was after i took the entire exhaust system and heatsheilds off!)

oh and the result, yay (victim is a 91 accord coupe)
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ya im in the process of doing this right now

I got a question, what do you do with the ABS sensor at the bottom? it has a wire running to it, so i cut that, but should i take the abs sensor thing out? looks like 2 12mm there
                              1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                                i dont think it ever mentioned how to take the e-brake cables from the e-brake.

well, 2 12mm bolts and some manuevering of lines and you are there. i wasnted to add this because i was confused where to disconnect them add but found it within the car. (this was after i took the entire exhaust system and heatsheilds off!)
                                Can U please rephrase that properly because I can't get what U R saying

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X