• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes it was thanks

Comment

97 rear disc brakes fit.

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
      all 90-97 rear suspension bolts right up. be aware that some DX/LX cars did not have holes in the cross member for the OEM rear swaybar brackets. so you might not be able to run an OEM rear swaybar. this is just a heads up. my LX did not have the holes for the sway bar brackets so i was not able to run an OEM swaybar. i purchased the suspension techniques rear swaybar to compensate (since ST doesn't use the stock bracket locations). having the rear sway bar makes a HUGE difference. the difference is even more apparent if you are used to not having one at all (DX/LX owners).

other than that detail, all suspension components from the trailing arm to the upper arm to the brake lines, are all the same for accords 90-97.
      is it 100% sure the 97 accord fits on our cb7,does the knuckles, trailing arm,hannd brake lines fit,just want to no because i found a set and want ot pick it up and make sure everything fits,thanks for your help.

Comment

so i can get the complete rear setup from a 90-97 ex? everything included and it should all bolt up perfect? cuz just yesterday for some weird ass reason i started driving my car and the brake light on cluster was on so i decided to check my brake fluid reservoir and ends up it was dry.. so im wondering why and i fill it up.. go to my bros house and we had a kick back then went back to my car to go home and woah less fluid again so i looked at all wheels and right rear wheel has brake fluid everywhere.. and well i want to go disc anyway since my drums make noise already so i just want to kno what can i use exactly.. thank you guys and sorry for the long story lol
        MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
        1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
        1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

i dont if this has been asked yet, and im to lazy and dont have the time to read 13 pages.

were are ppl getting their e-brake cables, if they dont have the stock oem one from teh donor car? i see tasauto.com has them, but they are 60.00+ a side. and then i had seen some that said they fit jap. model accords only. any one know about that? other opions is just getting them order through an auto parts chain.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I just found a CB at my local junk yard on Saturday with complete UNTOUCHED disc brakes. Went back on Sunday and got it all for 52.49 cents. Yes, the whole conversion for 50 bucks, and everything is in AMAZING shape.

I'm going back up there now for the proportioning valve.

Baracuda: You may want to wait until you find a disc brake car at the junk yard to get the E brake cables. I think some junk yards will ship parts if you call them up and see what they have. A little bit of work could save you some cash.
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

From what I've seen, the 94-97 se's are drum brakes in the rear. Just FYI.

Comment

So i have a 92 LX Sedan.. and the donor car will be a 93 accord Sedan SE.. so just take all my swap parts, and SKIP the ABS stuff as it is not needed correct? i wont need any additional parts or bolts(unless broken or old) . will just need some brake cleaner and some fluid correct? Also the 93SE has a swap bar correct? thanks in advance

-LoS
                " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Correctamundo compadre!! no abs stuff is used. here's a step by step of my swap from a 96 ex. as far as the sway bar goes, u'll have to pull the bracket that the suspension arms attach to. when u get under the car & start pulling the parts u'll c how the sway bar is bolted up. just pull that bracket & ur solid

this part was easier than i thought it would b.

rain never fails n fl. started pouring just as i was puttin the calipers on, so i had to put it on hold for a couple hrs.

ohh and don't forget the ebrake lines
                  Last edited by heero357; 06-28-2010, 10:03 PM.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3222203/5

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
                    just change the proportioning valve first. use one from a non-abs car with rear disc such as a 90-93 integra (with NO ABS). typically cars with rear disc have ABS. you need a proportioning valve from a car originally with rear discs and WITHOUT ABS.

also the master cylinder tends to go bad after a conversions, i don't know why but it did for me. replace that at the same time as the prop valve so you only have to bleed once through. good luck!
                    hey i have the whole car 93 SE that i am gonna be removing my rear disc swap from. should i swap that master cylinder? or get one of another car for better performance?

-LoS
                    " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Originally posted by LoS HimSelF View Post
                      hey i have the whole car 93 SE that i am gonna be removing my rear disc swap from. should i swap that master cylinder? or get one of another car for better performance?

-LoS
                      I used an accord EX rear disc brake MC, and put on a 40/40 proportioning valve from an Integra with rear disc brakes.

I hope this helps.

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bacal36 View Post
                        I used an accord EX rear disc brake MC, and put on a 40/40 proportioning valve from an Integra with rear disc brakes.

I hope this helps.
                        thanks it does, i was gonna take that MC off and getting a 40/40 this weekend. figure i get it now, since i will be going 5-lug in a month or so .

-LoS

Comment

Is there any problem pulling the rear discs from an automatic and putting them on a 5 speed?

I'm wondering specifically if the emergency break cables are exactly the same on both.
                          90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

^^should be no problem. Both the Auto and 5-speed use the same rear disc set up. Emergency (handbrake) cables are the same.

Comment

I keep hearing people saying that if I get the disc swap from another CB, all I need is the trailing arms, e-brake cable with the complete brakes.

What else would I need if I get the swap from a CD? the same trailing arms, e-brake cable with complete brakes..? anything else?

BTW I got a CB.... and will be swaping into my CB.
                              Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by bacal36 View Post

I hope this helps.
                                im liking your second generation type s..on your four door i think it looks sexy..thats what im aiming for..
                                WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

Comment

Working...
                                X