Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up getting one right after I posted that

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
    "2SIIC"
    Authentic Jerseys for sale
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

OKay Ive been reading up and down, and it seems everyone has been replacing their Rear bearings .. two questions

1. How much and where are you guys buying your bearings? OEM HONDA PARTS? or aftermarket?

2. Anyone every buy use the full rear hub/bearing set they sell NEW on ebay for like $120? of course after market.

let me know, i am getting my hands on a full 5lug swap and a prelude cluster for 200 bucks. cant pass that up, but at the same time, it looks like i am replacing everything in the rear minus the Hubs? no? yea i am adding extended studs too! let me know. thanks in advance.

-LoS
      " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Originally posted by illestatus View Post
        there are members that have that reamer tool, i know this because i sold mine...i just cant remember to who, anyways post it up in the wanted section and see if you get anyone willing to ream a pair of LCA for you
        I think bruno2787 still has mine

And he works in a machine shop

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by LoS HimSelF View Post
          OKay Ive been reading up and down, and it seems everyone has been replacing their Rear bearings .. two questions

1. How much and where are you guys buying your bearings? OEM HONDA PARTS? or aftermarket?

2. Anyone every buy use the full rear hub/bearing set they sell NEW on ebay for like $120? of course after market.

let me know, i am getting my hands on a full 5lug swap and a prelude cluster for 200 bucks. cant pass that up, but at the same time, it looks like i am replacing everything in the rear minus the Hubs? no? yea i am adding extended studs too! let me know. thanks in advance.

-LoS
          The used rear hubs will be useless to you, they will be humming in no time. The whole front knuckle, brakes and all, is a straight swap

For the rear, if you have an EX/SE/rear discs all you need are new Lude rear hubs & ITR/AV6 rotors. If not, there's another DIY on how to go 5 lug with rear drums.
          Last edited by gloryaccordy; 08-12-2011, 09:31 AM.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            The used rear hubs will be useless to you, they will be humming in no time. The whole front knuckle, brakes and all, is a straight swap

For the rear, if you have an EX/SE/rear discs all you need are new Lude rear hubs & ITR/AV6 rotors. If not, there's another DIY on how to go 5 lug with rear drums.
            okay are people buying NEW lude hubs&bearings from HONDA? or aftermarket ones off ebay or a parts store around here are fine? or OEM? arent they like 120 each i think i read on busted LXs DIY?

-LoS
            " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

couple questions:

why do you need itr rotors for the rear? why cant you use the lude ones on an lx?

also what drivers axle would i use with this since i have an h swap with the h23 tranny -- would it be different with the h22 tranny as well?

Comment

Almost done piecing together my 5-lug. When said that correct tranny type matters for the drivers axle, meaning Auto from Manual correct?? EX,LX,DX does not matter?? Hopefully hit the junk yard next Sunday for a rear disc swap and axle.

Comment

This set up has been driving me crazy. Is anyone else experiencing vibration at 65mph? I have done everything possible to get rid of it and it doesnt go away. Can anyone help with this issue?
                  The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
                  James 4:7
                  Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

did you get an alignment? did you turn the rotors or install new rotors? could be faulty wheels bearings, loose bolts what exactly is new and what is used that way we can better understand your situation
                    Last edited by Davids92Accord; 05-08-2012, 06:47 PM.

"2SIIC"

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord View Post
                      did you get an alignment? did you turn the rotors or install new rotors? could be faulty wheels bearings, loose bolts what exactly is new and what is used that way we can better understand your situation
                      Everything has been replaced. New rotors, pads, axles, lower and upper ball joints. Replaced the half shaft. The bearings are fine. Alligned, balanced. Swapped the rack also.
                      The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
                      James 4:7
                      Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
                        Everything has been replaced. New rotors, pads, axles, lower and upper ball joints. Replaced the half shaft. The bearings are fine. Alligned, balanced. Swapped the rack also.
                        ok so just to make sure the front rotors and brake pads are for 98-01 prelude right? the lower ball joint is for 98-01 prelude and the upper ball joint is 90-93 CB correct? the half shaft should be the OEM CB accord shaft not the prelude and the driver side axle is from a 5th gen accord and the passanger axel is the OEM CB as well as the steering rack?

if all this is correct then you should lift the car up and make sure none of your components have gotten loose especially since you replaced the steering rack usually when you replace the steering rack you put locktite on the bolts so they wont loosen up

"2SIIC"

Comment

this might be a little confusing so i apologize haha!

ok so im trying to be economical. i wanna use my accord knuckle and according to this, http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=25357, this guy jeesare at post #18, says this here, Yes it works! Its what I used when I had my Accord. Make sure the hubs are from 1st Gen Odyssey. You can always goto the junk yard and get the Odyssey spindles, bolts right on. Just make sure the bearings are not in bad shape...

1. has anyone else done this or knows that the first gen odyssey hubs work with our accord knuckles?

the reason i ask is cause i would like to stick with my accord calipers to do a dual piston caliper upgrade later on down the road. however somewhere is this thread that i am posting this question i would use the lude calipers (with either odyssey or lude knuckles).
                          so do the lude calipers bolt right in and if so would i have to do something with 40/40 proportioning valves?
                          i dont even know what those valves are haha. i can find out tho.

2. if 1 is true then i assume i would use the cb's upper and lower ball joints, right?

also i think this would be a better way than making the lower control arm ball joint hole bigger.
                          Accord SE

93se
                          Members Ride
                          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                          Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                            ok so im trying to be economical. i wanna use my accord knuckle and according to this, http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=25357, this guy jeesare at post #18, says this here, Yes it works! Its what I used when I had my Accord. Make sure the hubs are from 1st Gen Odyssey. You can always goto the junk yard and get the Odyssey spindles, bolts right on. Just make sure the bearings are not in bad shape...

1. has anyone else done this or knows that the first gen odyssey hubs work with our accord knuckles?

the reason i ask is cause i would like to stick with my accord calipers to do a dual piston caliper upgrade later on down the road. however somewhere is this thread that i am posting this question i would use the lude calipers (with either odyssey or lude knuckles).
                            so do the lude calipers bolt right in and if so would i have to do something with 40/40 proportioning valves?
                            i dont even know what those valves are haha. i can find out tho.

2. if 1 is true then i assume i would use the cb's upper and lower ball joints, right?

also i think this would be a better way than making the lower control arm ball joint hole bigger.

i used the 2002 TL front knuckle complete and used my Accord caliper with no problem at all, upper arm is still Accord and the lower ball joint was the same too
                            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                              i used the 2002 TL front knuckle complete and used my Accord caliper with no problem at all, upper arm is still Accord and the lower ball joint was the same too
                              Ah. thats a pretty sweet option. do you think you could have gone with the TL's calipers too or would that have not worked?
                              Accord SE

93se
                              Members Ride
                              Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                              Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

still have the TL calipers but the Accord ones fit just fine and i did not have to bleed the brakes. i stop just fine with the cb ones
                                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X