Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If ur gonna buy used, the only thing u can get is the whole knuckle... u can't get used hubs alone, they will wear out in a few months

Rear hubs new are $140+ shipping for the pair at rockauto.com

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I will be posting a for sale on my 5th gen prelude swap parts.

Going a different route.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
        I will be posting a for sale on my 5th gen prelude swap parts.

Going a different route.
        Do u have new rear hubs + ITRs... PM me ur price + Paypal, if the price is good consider them sold

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

hey how much most of you guys been getting ur prelude parts... i can get my hands on

- front knuckles (with bearings and hubs still in em)
          - rear hubs and bearings

for 130shipped...well i am gettting the amber headunit and pigtail.. So figure..100 buks(suspension) shipped to my door.. car had 125,000 miles on it? wat ya think? Good/bad?? keep looking?
          " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Originally posted by AlmightyAccord View Post
            hey how much most of you guys been getting ur prelude parts... i can get my hands on

- front knuckles (with bearings and hubs still in em)
            - rear hubs and bearings

for 130shipped...well i am gettting the amber headunit and pigtail.. So figure..100 buks(suspension) shipped to my door.. car had 125,000 miles on it? wat ya think? Good/bad?? keep looking?
            sounds cheap to me, considering half of that price will be shipping.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I'm trying to figure out if you can use Prelude lower control arms (almost sure you can) but have heard they push your wheels further out. Is there a way to correct that to pull them back in a bit? Without running crazy negative camber? Thanks guys, reason is I've got a bent lca and figure now would be a good time to replace everything at once.
              Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Comment

Has anyone had axle issues with around 3 inches of drop? I wound up using both 5th gen axles for the driver and passenger side. My passenger side looked over extended and wore the inboard joint rather quickly. With the 5th gen passenger side axle it looks more secure and together. Also had the passenger side axle pull out going around a corner when i had a 4th gen in. Has anyone else experienced this with the All prelude way?

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper View Post
                  Has anyone had axle issues with around 3 inches of drop? I wound up using both 5th gen axles for the driver and passenger side. My passenger side looked over extended and wore the inboard joint rather quickly. With the 5th gen passenger side axle it looks more secure and together. Also had the passenger side axle pull out going around a corner when i had a 4th gen in. Has anyone else experienced this with the All prelude way?
                  Wat do u have now the Oddyseys in front

Comment

Prelude knuckes w/ 5th gen accord axles on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper View Post
                      Prelude knuckes w/ 5th gen accord axles on both sides.
                      *EDIT* OK so I need a 5th gen axle... no biggies

Comment

For the drivers side, I am only doing the 5th gen axles on both sides to see if it works, my 4th gen pulled out on me.

Comment

you could have just swapped the 4g prelude suspension and done the 5 lug conversion on them. check out preludepower.com for more info.
                          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                            you could have just swapped the 4g prelude suspension and done the 5 lug conversion on them. check out preludepower.com for more info.
                            Thats what I'm doing in front, u prob still run into the same issues though cause the fronts have the same geometry on 4ths and 5ths

Pain in de azz too... costs more... u have to get new bearings. I went this route cause I unknowingly picked up an SH setup.

Comment

put a 4th gen axle back in the passenger side today and held the inboard joint as i tightened down the axle nut. I can feel the axle come out of the socket. I am putting the 5th gen back in after work. still have vibrations. The new intermediate shaft helped some. I am still unsure.

Comment

If you are doing the front then backs and u have ABS, I'm guessing there is a difference in the tooth count cause my car went into ABS at really low speeds w/o real slippage. I just unplugged the harness, hopefully when I do the front I will be OK. If not w/e I will have Ziexes and freakin 13" rotors in front.

Comment

Working...
                                X