Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you measure the distance between the center of the hub to the balljoint stud? looks pretty different, what do the legend lower control arms look like?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      Good if u own a wagon...

BB4 knuckles work too... if somehow u accidentally pick up some SH knuckles...
      Why a wagon? He was pretty much saying that we might be able to press in the Lude bearings on to our stock knuckles, which is very good news!! If this is the case, then all you need for the front is the 5-lug front hubs, MAYBE a different driveshaft (pending on updates), and voila!! 5-lug conversion on the fronts using stock Accord knuckles..

I'm not too clear about pressing in the bearings without bolting on the 4 rear bolts though..But I guess we'll just wait for more updates, and hopefully pictures

Also thanks for the info on the LBJ...On that list it stated that the ball joints will fit 97-98 Prelude..My knuckles came off an '01 SE (non-SH)...I'm guessing they should be the same, right?

Mann plenty of very helpful info on this thread..Thanks everyone for all the help

Ronald

PS: Oh and also found out that the adjustable front UCA from airbagit.com is $159/pair, and they will also include ball joints

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
        can you measure the distance between the center of the hub to the balljoint stud? looks pretty different, what do the legend lower control arms look like?
        I'll get some measurements in the next couple of days

Comment

im kinda thinking about doing the 5-lug conversion before summer.

Comment

Legend knuckle definitely would not work.... tie rod placement is way off, and the UBJ arm is super long, we'd have no clearance

MAJOR props for posting those pics though. When I do my conversion, between me & Bruno we have CB, BB4, BB6 & BB6 SH knuckles.... we should get plenty of comparison pics

Ronald Type-R... reading pwns me... I saw 'including wagon' and assumed it was only for the wagon. That's actually really good news then, solves a lot of problems. Where is information like that even readily available?

Just for some more info, BB6 front wheel bearins = CR-V front wheel bearings...

Anyone got a 6th gen V6 knuckle laying around?

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Legend knuckle definitely would not work.... tie rod placement is way off, and the UBJ arm is super long, we'd have no clearance

MAJOR props for posting those pics though. When I do my conversion, between me & Bruno we have CB, BB4, BB6 & BB6 SH knuckles.... we should get plenty of comparison pics

Ronald Type-R... reading pwns me... I saw 'including wagon' and assumed it was only for the wagon. That's actually really good news then, solves a lot of problems. Where is information like that even readily available?

Just for some more info, BB6 front wheel bearins = CR-V front wheel bearings...

Anyone got a 6th gen V6 knuckle laying around?
              Well, I was looking to get some new front bearings and noticed the OD was close to the Accord OD. I went to my boy's house and took a look at an old bearing from his BB6 and put it side by side to the Accord one. They are the same except for the 4 bolts.

You see Accords are unique in that one, they are not rotor over hub; two the bearing is pressed into the hub that holds the rotor; and three the hub/bearing assembly is NOT pressed on to knuckle, hence the four bolts.

Most other applications, are rotor over hub and have the bearing pressed to the hub AND the knuckle. So they do not require bolts to hold them on to the knuckle.

Here is a complete list of vehicles that share the same bearing:

ACURA CL (2001 - 2003)
              ACURA CL S (2001 - 2003)
              ACURA MDX (2001 - 2002)
              ACURA MDX TOURING (2001 - 2002)
              ACURA RSX (2002 - 2006)
              ACURA RSX S (2002 - 2005)
              ACURA RSX TYPE-S 2006
              ACURA TL (1999 - 2003)
              ACURA TL S (2002 - 2003)
              HONDA ACCORD DX (1998 - 2002)
              HONDA ACCORD EX (1998 - 2002)
              HONDA ACCORD LX (1998 - 2002)
              HONDA ACCORD SE (2000 - 2002)
              HONDA ACCORD VALUE PACKAGE (2001 - 2002)
              HONDA CIVIC SI (2004 - 2005)
              HONDA CR-V EX (1998 - 2001)
              HONDA CR-V LX (1997 - 2004)
              HONDA CR-V SE (2000 - 2001)
              HONDA ELEMENT (2003 - 2004)
              HONDA ELEMENT LX 2005
              HONDA PILOT (2003 - 2005)
              HONDA PILOT EX (2006 - 2007)
              HONDA PILOT LX (2006 - 2007)
              HONDA PRELUDE (1997 - 2001)
              HONDA PRELUDE SH (1997 - 2001)
              HONDA S2000 (2000 - 2007)

As you can see, they are all 5-lug candidates!!!

Talk about opening a can of worms.

************************************************** ****************************

So, if I am correct, we now have this option:

- 5th gen Prelude hub with spindle
              - 5th gen Prelude rotor
              - 5th gen Prelude/ any Honda Big Brake Calipers w/ correct bracket
              - Same drive shaft (Still under investigation)

I will keep researching...

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

this thread has been viewed and responded by so many in the past couple of months..

Glad it helped out. I know cp[mike] and I need to re-write the diy and post some pictures. but other then that

Comment

Has anyone used the original rear Prelude hubs with success besides BustedLX? By original I mean used ones.

And yea this thread has taken a great turn. This is the kind of stuff CB7t is all about...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Has anyone used the original rear Prelude hubs with success besides BustedLX? By original I mean used ones.

And yea this thread has taken a great turn. This is the kind of stuff CB7t is all about...
                    Both of mine were bad.
                    And I didnt know the passenger side one was bad until i put it on the car and drove it.

So save yourself the trouble and replace it now.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                      Both of mine were bad.
                      And I didnt know the passenger side one was bad until i put it on the car and drove it.

So save yourself the trouble and replace it now.
                      That's a real bummer....

But yea better safe than sorry.

Still though... is there NOTHING I can use from the rear BB6 knuckles?

Comment

I had original bb6 honda prelude rear hubs.

then one bearing got worn out and started humming so it was replaced with timken!

Why are you so interested in the rear prelude knuckles? the rear hub 5 lug is the easiest to bolt on..

you really have to look at the prelude and compare it. Trust me it doesnt match anything.

Comment

I might have found another option on rear hubs that allows you to maintain the stock size rotor. The Type R is slightly smaller.

I will keep you posted.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                            I had original bb6 honda prelude rear hubs.

then one bearing got worn out and started humming so it was replaced with timken!

Why are you so interested in the rear prelude knuckles? the rear hub 5 lug is the easiest to bolt on..

you really have to look at the prelude and compare it. Trust me it doesnt match anything.
                            I have the whole BB6 suspension w/a BBK at all 4 corners... the fronts are a no brainer, but I feel bad not using the backs, and I get a really strong feeling it's gonna be tough to sell a rear BBK.... though I think the rear BB4 & BB6 suspensions are identical... I could sell to a BB1-4 owner. But I'd rather have em

Comment

I have the whole BB6 suspension w/a BBK at all 4 corners... the fronts are a no brainer, but I feel bad not using the backs, and I get a really strong feeling it's gonna be tough to sell a rear BBK.... though I think the rear BB4 & BB6 suspensions are identical... I could sell to a BB1-4 owner. But I'd rather have em
                              Now I got you! well you should have alvin come up with a custom bracket for the caliper to sit higher to fit that BBK.

Or a machine shop some where that can figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                                Now I got you! well you should have alvin come up with a custom bracket for the caliper to sit higher to fit that BBK.

Or a machine shop some where that can figure it out.
                                The kit uses OEM calipers... just need a bracket to have everything mount correctly

Once I figure that out I'm good!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X