Picked up a cb7 coupe for $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a cb7 coupe for $500

I was going to get it for myself but figured it wasn't worth it so its going to my brothers girlfriend, but we will be doing some work to it.

It's an automatic 1992 lx coupe with 192,000 miles. It has a motor and tranny swap with low miles. The previous owner loved it and had alot of history with it. The motor was swapped and then it got hit on the drivers side, and had been sitting for three years. We jumped it and it runs smooth, drives fine, everything works besides a/c.

Things it need:

Hopefully a new door will go on without much complication
    A rear side window
    Tune up
    Little bit of rust fixing

Pics:

Last edited by STREET-SPEC; 05-03-2013, 08:16 PM.

Nice come up dude . I wish I could find a cb for 500
    MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

Me too

Comment

nice score for 500

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Damn I want a project cb so bad, I was just looking the other day in my area for a cb like this, ready for mcuh sex.

NO beuno.

Nice score b.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
            I was going to get it for myself but figured it wasn't worth it so its going to my brothers girlfriend, but we will be doing some work to it.
            Make sure that she signs up as a member, and posts all of the updates!
            Good lookin out for your brother .. specially his GF.

The coupe already has a lip, .. and with some minimal tweaking, this could work out well!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Yea she should. or ill post the updates here. So far the back window has been replaced and were looking for a new door. Also, we deleted pass. Mirror and I took it for my coupe. Legend lip came off already on accident but it'll be back on soon. So far it stillstarts up just fine and no check engine or any other lights on. and that door even opens and closes.

Comment

My 10th anniversary was $300 with 145k miles. And now it has 185k after 1 year and a half. Well worth it.
                10th Anniversary Accord.
                05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Little update. The legend lip was only on a couple days before it fell off,
                  But I put it back on along with my old headlights n corners and bumper lights.
                  I also threw my edm Remus muffler on and it sounds so quiet but deep. She had all stock piping. Also added Megan headers over eBay and it got rid of the rasp it had.

Someone has been breaking into this car and stealing the change!! Alot..

Remus muffler

Last edited by STREET-SPEC; 12-02-2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Lookin good quick!
                    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

a $50 door and a hood (if you didn't want to bother with paint) would QUICKLY transform the whole look of that thing! Nice buy.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Yea, it has a new door and didn't go on so well and still fits pretty badly. The chassis needs to be cut and a piece replaced.hinges were crushed in.

She is working on getting a new fender and hood.
                        She got side swiped by a civic that took off and left the fender bent up more
                        And after I put MY new bumper lights and stuff, a tasty cake truck backed into her and broke a light. Time to take off that gold grill!!

Comment

Damn that car sounds VERY accident prone lol. I picked up my CB for $550 and it just needs a new engine and some minor bodywork and paint. At least yours runs and drives lol.

Comment

I like all the little things you have done to get it looking good...I've seen worse looking! I'd keep that grill as it looks real good with the lights accenting the gold. Besides the wagon...I have a coupe. only need a few more things to complete it. It too had been in an accident. Big stuff left is frame off a ˝ inch or less, rear engine mount, driver's seat belt motor that dealer and Honda refuses to fix, entire tail lights not staying on,shift needs key to move it, and the rest is cosmetic.
                            Good going with yours! For the amount you got it for....keep going!

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                            New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                            My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

R.I.P

She still ran and drove, but sold it to the yard for a quick sale to get a better honda.

Ps: that is the second time that rear pass. Window has been in the junkyard, let's see if someone grabs it.i wish I had room for all the parts for extras for my coupe.
                              Last edited by STREET-SPEC; 05-11-2014, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X