Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raf99
    replied
    Ya, I do feel fortunate for this garage. It's my first and love it. The only other one I had was old, detached and had no heat.

........, Can't say I've ever took 6+ hours to install an engine before...... but meh.... too many things went wrong.

1. Couldn't get the engine to rotate properly on the lift. Kept wanting to sit at 90deg. to what I needed. (I think this is because I cut some of the chain link in the hook part and other issues)
    2. I didn't get the rear of the trans below the front subframe... it was stuck on top of it with the side mounts in their spots. Really got me in a bind. Removed the trans moun
    3. I was one person vs. two.
    4. I didn't remove the hood.

But installed ...........

And of course... issues. I dropped this by accident.

IACV connector broke off.

Let's de-pin, fix, etc. Love finding and fixing these.

Trying to get the old brittle green rubber connector out which broke. So liquid electrical tape is perfect in here.

Watch the boring trials and errors of the H22 install via gopro timelapse. Should of just dumped it tranny first....

Next is....... ahh dam everything. + i have to re-do the whole power steering hose + cooler system. Oh, and find / order a harmonic balancer..... wonder if fleetwood has one

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Lol I think anyone who has torn apart an h22 has made that mistake with the cover! I am so jealous of y’all’s garages! I don’t have enough room in mine to have a work bench or a comfy chair.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    I made the same mistake with the dust shield under the cam gears, haha. I bought copper spray for my head gasket, but didn't end up using it either. Sounds like it's not necessary on Hondas.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Must admit I have never put a head back together before. Things went well I think. No copper coating, once I got the head to drop all was good.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Baaaa finally arrived!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X