Clear All

• Mike1357
    replied
    Out with the old, in with the... old?

Wait, I mean new.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Fit the front flares. I ended up selling the first set I had because the fiberglass didn't conform well and they weren't very consistent. These ones are 50mm wide, ABS plastic and just look so much better.

I'll have to go hunting to find an Acura CL knuckle so I can remedy my wheel bearing issue and get the car aligned after I raise it. Looks like I'll only need a 25mm spacer to get everything flushed up.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Upgraded the sound system a bit.

Currently my Kenwood head unit went out on me so I can't really get a feel for the speakers until I get another head unit. Also had the opportunity to install the 3 inch exhaust on the car. I'm genuinely surprised at how decent it sounds for having a muffler as the only sound suppression device. At idle and low RPM's its actually quieter than the GReddy and it doesn't drone at all. Pretty happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
    Cool. Right now I'm running a p0s ECU, tuned on alloys (stock) lol
    So with the tune you'll be above 200? Man, that's fast for a CB
    I'm most likely over 200 currently. When I had it on the dyno before my tune, I made 199hp with my 16" wheels. With my 18" wheels I dropped down to 185hp un-tuned. After the tune I made 195hp on the 18" wheels and this was with a 90 degree ambient temperature and 40% humidity. With winter temperatures and 16" wheels I'll most likely be close to the 210hp mark (assuming I don't modify anything between now and then).
    Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
    nice updates, glad to see the innovative mounts come throw. you gan definitely see the difference. hopefully they will hold up better than the ESP's.
    (side note: lately i've been seeing a lot of ESP fails on the webs.)
    I put the rear mount in a few nights ago and it makes such a difference in the driving feel. I love modifications that I can feel a difference with. All ESP needed to do was use a stiffer, better fitting insert and they would probably be alright. Maybe that's why they disappeared... Either way I highly recommend Innovative products.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 09-04-2015, 08:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mugencivic4dr
    replied
    nice updates, glad to see the innovative mounts come throw. you gan definitely see the difference. hopefully they will hold up better than the ESP's.
    (side note: lately i've been seeing a lot of ESP fails on the webs.)

Leave a comment:

• DCB7
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    Thanks! I actually want to hit the rollers again in the cooler temperatures and possibly have the car re-tuned by another tuner. This tune is alright but it needs a little more dialing in.
    Cool. Right now I'm running a p0s ECU, tuned on alloys (stock) lol
    So with the tune you'll be above 200? Man, that's fast for a CB

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    V bands are cool, I say do it. The only thing I think you'd run into is ground clearance or tunnel clearance.
    When the fender flares come in I'll actually be raising the car up but you have a good point about tunnel clearance. I'll take measurements when I install the crush bent 3".
    Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
    I recently saw that you're on the NA list. The car is as fast as it looks
    Thanks! I actually want to hit the rollers again in the cooler temperatures and possibly have the car re-tuned by another tuner. This tune is alright but it needs a little more dialing in.

Leave a comment:

• DCB7
    replied
    I recently saw that you're on the NA list. The car is as fast as it looks

Leave a comment:

• F22Chris
    replied
    V bands are cool, I say do it. The only thing I think you'd run into is ground clearance or tunnel clearance.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Originally posted by baracuda View Post
    Awesome score! Cant wait to see the fender flares, not too many cb have had them. The ride is looking good, keep it up.
    I'm looking forward to it as well. The few cars that I've seen with flares always had a great look in my opinion. Thanks for the compliments!
    Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    Where did you pick up those flares? And it looks like your toolbox is supercharged to me!

I love the way those vibrant mufflers look, nice score sir.
    I picked up those particular flares from a company called JDM Flares. I test fit one of them late last week and I didn't like the shape. It felt like it interfered with the body lines and, because they were fiberglass, I couldn't make it fit the curve I wanted. I ended up selling them and purchased another set from eBay that were made of ABS plastic for half the price. They're currently in transit from Russia.

Lol, I grab all sorts of emblems from wrecked cars that we have at work and I use a little bit of butyl tape to adhere them. Plus when people need to borrow something it makes identifying the drawers from half way across the shop a lot easier.

I'm not a huge fan of the Vibrant muffler, but it was a fantastic deal. I'd probably like it more of it wasn't painted. I'm actually planning on building a 3" stainless mandrel bent exhaust soon and I think I'm going to go with the KTUNED turndown muffler they offer along with a pair of resonators from Vibrant. I'm seriously considering using v-band couplers instead of flanges and gaskets.

Leave a comment:

• F22Chris
    replied
    Where did you pick up those flares? And it looks like your toolbox is supercharged to me!

I love the way those vibrant mufflers look, nice score sir.

Leave a comment:

• baracuda
    replied
    Awesome score! Cant wait to see the fender flares, not too many cb have had them. The ride is looking good, keep it up.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 09-01-2015, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Okay, big update today.
    Sent out two of my wheels to be repaired and straightened and I got them back early last week.

Over the weekend I found myself in need of a crank pulley as my H22 one had failed yet again. I had a friend that had recently dropped a valve in his F20B so I decided to hit him up for the crank pulley. I ended up coming away with way more than I had planned for one of those once-in-a-lifetime prices.
    I ended up with two F20B crank pulleys, two axles and a half shaft, a starter, a F20/H22 valve cover (I may send it out to get some cool stuff done to it), an alternator, a 3" exhaust setup and Vibrant muffler, an unknown aftermarket sway bar, drivers side and rear Innovative 75A mounts, and possibly more to come.

(You can see the differences quite clearly, very happy to have come away with the Innovative mounts)

In other news, I picked up a set of fender flares to compliment the wheels. I'll pick up some spacers and I'll have to raise the car up a little but it'll look amazing when it's all together.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 08-24-2015, 07:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Maybe check respective shipping weights?

Any more news on that Innovative front mount?

Leave a comment:

• Tishock
    replied
    Has any one ever weighed the Innovative traction bar v. ESP Bar? It appears to me that Innovative bar may be lighter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X