• Dark_Accord
    replied
    car is looking good!!!

Leave a comment:

• Losiracer2
    replied
    [QUOTE=sikz6;2680530]
    Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post

maybe i'll just wait til tax time, when i get a new exhaust and try it again.
    you did make those bends in the sway bar point downward right? just had to make sure...you didn't mount it up upside down right?

Leave a comment:

• P5ylance
    replied
    The last time I saw this car was when it was white... wow has it changed a lot! I'm really digging the progress!

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    [QUOTE=Losiracer2;2680373]
    Originally posted by sikz6 View Post

yeah mine hits right at the subframe brace
    really? huh, i always thought the progress bar bolted up to the ex/se brackets. the whole reason i went with ST is because it just bolted to the subframe brace, not the ex/se brackets.QUOTE]

yea that looks exactly where mine was hitting. The ST cleared my Greddy Evo2 catback though, just not my RSR catback.

also when you go to put a rear sway bar on, you should have the jackstands under the rear control arms to "preload" the rear suspension and not under the jacking points. Thats what my Progress RSB instructions told me to do anyways.
    maybe i'll just wait til tax time, when i get a new exhaust and try it again.

Leave a comment:

• Losiracer2
    replied
    [QUOTE=sikz6;2680361]
    really? huh, i always thought the progress bar bolted up to the ex/se brackets. the whole reason i went with ST is because it just bolted to the subframe brace, not the ex/se brackets.QUOTE]

yea that looks exactly where mine was hitting. The ST cleared my Greddy Evo2 catback though, just not my RSR catback.

also when you go to put a rear sway bar on, you should have the jackstands under the rear control arms to "preload" the rear suspension and not under the jacking points. Thats what my Progress RSB instructions told me to do anyways.

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    yeah mine was hitting right after that axle back portion so i knew it wasn't going to work out at all. For the progress bar though, you have to drill 4 holes into the rear subframe anyways so I don't think it uses the EX/SE brackets at all. Here's a pic of what it looks like mounted up (owequitits car)

really? huh, i always thought the progress bar bolted up to the ex/se brackets. the whole reason i went with ST is because it just bolted to the subframe brace, not the ex/se brackets.
    Originally posted by RICHIE*GT35R View Post
    The CB looking good girl...
    wow thanks, your coupe is really amazing. By far one of my favorites, if not my favorite! One day maybe my cb will look as good as yours.
    Last edited by sikz6; 12-11-2010, 05:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RICHIE*GT35R
    replied
    The CB looking good girl...

Leave a comment:

• Losiracer2
    replied
    I was going to ask you but you have an ex, so yours should fit and if it rubs i would be the sway bar not the exhaust.

but it seems like the exhaust is like a 1/2 to 3/4" too far to the right so the pivot bushing brackets & bushings don't line up with the drop down brackets. so i didnt know if the previous owner messed with the position of the exhaust or if other lx owners had the same issue. I mean if i push the exhaust over to make the sway bar fit my exhaust will look like this lol and i don't have a dual tip exhaust lol
    yeah mine was hitting right after that axle back portion so i knew it wasn't going to work out at all. For the progress bar though, you have to drill 4 holes into the rear subframe anyways so I don't think it uses the EX/SE brackets at all. Here's a pic of what it looks like mounted up (owequitits car)

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    yeah I had that same problem with my ST rear sway bar hitting my new RSR exhaust, so I had to ditch that bar and go with the Progress rear sway. It hugs the car a lot better and clears my RSR by a lot. That's definitely the sway to go with for aftermarket exhausts I found out.

I found mine locally on AZHT for 70 bucks brand new so I lucked out on that one.
    I was going to ask you but you have an ex, so yours should fit and if it rubs i would be the sway bar not the exhaust.

but it seems like the exhaust is like a 1/2 to 3/4" too far to the right so the pivot bushing brackets & bushings don't line up with the drop down brackets. so i didnt know if the previous owner messed with the position of the exhaust or if other lx owners had the same issue. I mean if i push the exhaust over to make the sway bar fit my exhaust will look like this lol and i don't have a dual tip exhaust lol

Leave a comment:

• Losiracer2
    replied
    well i tried doing the sway bar on monday and it didn't work out so well. ran into problems with it rubbing on the exhaust. so no sway bar installed for now. on the bright side, my buddy is supposed to do a photo shoot with my car tonight
    yeah I had that same problem with my ST rear sway bar hitting my new RSR exhaust, so I had to ditch that bar and go with the Progress rear sway. It hugs the car a lot better and clears my RSR by a lot. That's definitely the sway to go with for aftermarket exhausts I found out.

I found mine locally on AZHT for 70 bucks brand new so I lucked out on that one.

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    Originally posted by tommi View Post
    hope it goes well kim :] keep us updated. u must be busy lately.
    me too yeah. i just worked 7 days straight, had a day off, and then 3 more. ugh it's exhausting, especially since i hate my job lol. if only i could work on my cb all day and get paid. lol

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    hope it goes well kim :] keep us updated. u must be busy lately.

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    well i tried doing the sway bar on monday and it didn't work out so well. ran into problems with it rubbing on the exhaust. so no sway bar installed for now. on the bright side, my buddy is supposed to do a photo shoot with my car tonight

Leave a comment:

• sikz6
    replied
    have you replaced those upper control arms yet? I just did a ton of suspension shit to my car, new UCAs, new lower BJs, new tierods, wheel bearings, rotors, pads. Feels so much tighter than before, its like a brand new car.
    no not yet. since my tires are pretty much shot so i'm thinking of doing them when i get my new wheels and tires, as well as my sway bar. hopefully that should stiffen things up a bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X