No announcement yet.

HenRoc : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you look at the wagon? I'm looking for 1/4 panels or a super clean rust free wagon.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Well they valued the car at $700 even with all the mods I had done to it.

The reason? It was already labled a salvage titled car, of which I was never made aware of.

It had been submerged in the floods during Hurrican Katrina, then was sold at a salvage auction..where it ended up in Florida before getting up here to New Hampshire back in 2008.

Funny thing is...the state never caught on to the car (I had NO idea it was that bad) or did the insurance company...not even CARFAX came up with it.

I found out a month ago via getvin.com.

It looks like I'll be keeping this car long term..until I decide it's ultimate fate.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Wow realized i havent really updated much in awhile..well because..there isn't much to update.

In other news I bought a truck, back in November so the CB gets less road time nowadays.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Pics of said truck.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Gee no love for my truck you whores.

Anyways..new wheels were installed on the car. A picked up a set of TSWs for free (I know it's chromes and they are TSWs but you can't beat free.)

225/45/17 tires no rubbing

This morning

Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            Legend FSM

Comment

I'm digging the wheels, TSW Kylamis, right? Got the caps that go with it?

That's fantastic that you got them free, where'd you find them?

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                I'm digging the wheels, TSW Kylamis, right? Got the caps that go with it?

That's fantastic that you got them free, where'd you find them?

Thanks Mike

I actually had no idea what type of TSWs they were to be honest. I got these for free from working on a friends CL. He had them on his 6th gen Accord (V6) and handed them to me as an even payment for getting his CL on the road.

Unfortunately it's missing 2 out of 4 caps so I need to find 2 more.

I wanted to get rid of them but I like the way they look on the car at the moment. I am on the hunt for another CB just so I can have a clean slate.

I can't seem to stay away from this particular generation.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                Legend FSM

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                  Thanks Mike

I actually had no idea what type of TSWs they were to be honest. I got these for free from working on a friends CL. He had them on his 6th gen Accord (V6) and handed them to me as an even payment for getting his CL on the road.

Unfortunately it's missing 2 out of 4 caps so I need to find 2 more.

I wanted to get rid of them but I like the way they look on the car at the moment. I am on the hunt for another CB just so I can have a clean slate.

I can't seem to stay away from this particular generation.
                  Try Town Fair...they're a big TSW distributor. Just try not to punch the desk help in the face (I cringe dealing with 90% of the people that work there, which is why I typically avoid them like the plague), but they might have a spare set.

Also, I believe this is the center cap. Center Cap 8762. I'd pop one off and check yours though, just to be safe.

Comment

Try Town Fair...they're a big TSW distributor. Just try not to punch the desk help in the face (I cringe dealing with 90% of the people that work there, which is why I typically avoid them like the plague), but they might have a spare set.

Also, I believe this is the center cap. Center Cap 8762. I'd pop one off and check yours though, just to be safe.

Thanks for the link man!

Yeah I went to a local Town Fair up here I asked the manager since I've known him for awhile but he told me it's something they can no longer get.

I might have to slightly roll the fenders since taking corners to hard causes the tires to rub on the fenders in the rear.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    Legend FSM

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                      Thanks for the link man!

Yeah I went to a local Town Fair up here I asked the manager since I've known him for awhile but he told me it's something they can no longer get.

I might have to slightly roll the fenders since taking corners to hard causes the tires to rub on the fenders in the rear.
                      Sounds about right. That's gotta be a what, +40 offset? My old TSWs were 17x7, +40 and with a 215/45 I'd rub in just the right circumstance.

Comment

Sounds about right. That's gotta be a what, +40 offset? My old TSWs were 17x7, +40 and with a 215/45 I'd rub in just the right circumstance.
                        I believe so. They do poke out a little. I must say I am impressed but not so much with how much I can feel the weight of the wheels on the car.

These have to be at least 7.5 inches wide. And it looks really low in the front because the Koni's have had over a year to settle in.

Just good for back roads cruising..highway? Scares me, probably because of the mismatched tires but I'll be replacing them when time comes.

Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        Legend FSM

Comment

Long over due transmission:

Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          Legend FSM

Comment

Now you're shifting like Jeremy Clarkson!^
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                              Now you're shifting like Jeremy Clarkson!^
                              hell yeaaa

I just ordered new Honda transmission bolts , and it came with ARP flywheel and pressure plate bolts.

Picked up from another member on the boards today. It's a NON LSD trans though but I'll probably get a Quaife for it by the end of year.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              Legend FSM

Comment

yeah. new trans mated to an H22 has got to be a bunch better. much needed LSD required for those "traction" times
                                Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

Working...
                                X