Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
    Premium since 1992.
    Premium fuel with a higher octane rating is for engines with high compression ratios. The fuel is actually less flammable as the octane rating goes up. The higher the compression, the higher the octane needed to reduce/eliminate detonation (pre-ignition).

Running premium fuel (92+ octane) in an F22A with 8.8:1 compression ratio is not a terrible thing, but it's not really good thing either. You're probably loosing power and wasting fuel.

Stick with what the engine needs; Regular 87 octane. It will run its best with the proper fuel.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
      What you mean for the first time regular gas? What have you been running?
      Nooo dont do it. Haha ive used plus since I got mine premium I think burns too rich for me
      Well Premium has always done good for me but I usually get like 20 mpgs lol.

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
      Are you still rocking the factory air box and filter setup? For some reason I would of thougt you had a short ram or Cold Air Intake (CAI) already. I see that part of the factory airbox is still there. The part that sits under the fender and dead space behind the bumper. I had to remove all of that when I first installed my CAI.

Headlamps are looking great bro. I would at least pick up a JDM 90/91 grill to go with your headlamps, but thats just me. Shrouds actually look oval on both sides. It's not extremely noticable but it is there. Sorry that's just my attention to the details. If it were me I would remove some material on the top and bottom of the shrouds so that they remain round.
      Thanks Carlos, I have a SRI with a KN filter, it was my first performance modification. I still have the parts to the OEM Airbox for smog purposes. So its just plug and play every 2 years. Either I'll get a G-square or a JDM grille. Still have to convince the parents lol. And its ok. I like the constructive criticism because I rather be warned now than say OH SHIT! Down the road. But I still haven't sealed them, just in case I didn't like them. ANDDDD I will post pics in a second of it with the bumper on.

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
      Premium fuel with a higher octane rating is for engines with high compression ratios. The fuel is actually less flammable as the octane rating goes up. The higher the compression, the higher the octane needed to reduce/eliminate detonation (pre-ignition).

Running premium fuel (92+ octane) in an F22A with 8.8:1 compression ratio is not a terrible thing, but it's not really good thing either. You're probably loosing power and wasting fuel.

Stick with what the engine needs; Regular 87 octane. It will run its best with the proper fuel.

I seeee. So looks like I will fill it up on that and see how it runs. It usually costs like 60 bucks to fill her up. I wonder what it'll be now. OH! And the cut off You'll be happy.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

...OH! And the cut off You'll be happy.
        I hope so.

I bet it's real purdy...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post

See?!?!?! I told you Alex, stop throwing monies away.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

like function and form stated, low octane fuels corresponds to the compression of the car and using UN recommended octane fuel can prematurely combust or retard the performance of the engine. your car will have to produce more heat to ignite the slower burning fuel. if you're worried about purity of gas then go for higher end low grade fuel.

Comment

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I'm jelly

Comment

nice job.
                  this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                  How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                  Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                    nice job.
                    Did you REALLY have to quote all those pics?

Comment

I seeee, so I will go with high grade, regular gas then.

Thanks Jason.

Thanks bro

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Cut off lines are perfect now. G-Square grill FTW. Great job sir.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

I was just thinking the same as dj ender while I was trying to find where the pictures repeated and something was being said. Then I saw his post haha.

Anyways! Looks sick bro! I can't wait till I get my ballasts I'm crossing my fingers they get here in a reasonable amount of time. Says they shipped today sooo idk

When we get together sometime it will be cool cuz your jdm and flush and I'm like sleepish usdm
                          Last edited by Quashish; 09-07-2012, 01:42 AM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                            Cut off lines are perfect now. G-Square grill FTW. Great job sir.
                            Why thank you kind sir. I do like them. An alternative would be a skyline grille with the Old School Honda Emblem.

I was just thinking the same as dj ender while I was trying to find where the pictures repeated and something was being said. Then I saw his post haha.

Anyways! Looks sick bro! I can't wait till I get my ballasts I'm crossing my fingers they get here in a reasonable amount of time. Says they shipped today sooo idk

When we get together sometime it will be cool cuz your jdm and flush and I'm like sleepish usdm
                            Lol I'm not sureee if I am JDM flushhh, but where'd you order the ballast from again?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Ddm tuning. You got side markers, fogs, and one piecers. flush compared to me. I dare not go lower though

Edit: negative on the side markers

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I never installed the side markers LOL I scrapped even without a lip!!!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X