No announcement yet.

crazymikey : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've had a few cool days, and some rain and a little wet snow. Next few days are supposed to be quite mild, but they're forecasting some raina nd snow by the end of the weekend and into next week. FML.

Cold and miserable out again tonight, so not getting done any of the work I had planned for tonight, so that's pushed back til tomorrow.

Comment

Got the anchor bolt kit installed tonight. Pretty straight forward. Camber is corrected, however, once the car was back on the ground I had massive toe out.

Back up in the air, had to adjust my toe and got everything all centred up and aligned pretty decently.

Only thing I've noticed now, with my height and the UCA's adjusted for camber, is now I think my UCA is hitting my strut tower, so I will need to look into that.

Otherwise it drives great.

My rears are a little too cambered as well I think, so I may fiddle with my Megan UCA's that I currently have installed, see if I can correct some of the camber.

Planning to do my sending unit sometime this weekend, as well as maybe swap back to the 9293 sedan trunk.

Comment

Guh, I hope I dont run into that banging crap. No new random pics?
        1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
        1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
        Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

New random pics a bit later. I just got back from the wreckers.

I scored a set of steelies with brand new snow tires, and nice 9293 EX hubcaps. Traded my CD5 wheels straight across for them.

I figure if I'm driving this car for the winter, I cannot stress how important it is for me to have the proper tires to keep my baby safe on the roads.

As I was leaving the wreckers, this Filipino guy came out and literally started drooling over my car and was OMG I want to buy it, I love it, it's so nice and clean and I was like Yeaaaahhhh, unless you show me over $3000 right this instant, she's not for sale.

The UCA banging is horrendous. Definetly losing suspension travel. It feels like it bottoms out much easier right now and slams pretty hard. Definetly lost the nice compliant ride I had.

Time to rip it all apart and do some work. I've got so much to do this weekend and not much time. I have a birthday party to go to tonight, and tomorrow I have to go with my roommate to pick up a 72 Camaro Z28.

With my new fuel gauge installed, I also installed a new sending unit this morning, and my fuel gauge is still reading past full. Using the jumper, the low fuel light works, but the needle will not move at all, even with the jumper.

Faulty gauge, or wiring issue? I got another NS cluster at the yard, so I will try that one and see.
          Last edited by crazymikey; 10-20-2012, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Winter wheels on. CD5 lip on. Ready to battle winter. Supposed to get snow next week, so I'm prepared. And then just a bunch of random shots.

These show the camber correction. Those adjustable anchor bolts certainly do their job.

A few last shots with the ITRs on

Look at these bad boys

Twins or double vision?

Ballin on 14s now

Hideous engine bay needing more purple and less blue and black

I haven't cleaned my interior for 2 weeks. This is how clean it is, even with daily use.

Comment

Love the ITR rims on your car! Is the other 4door CB yours also? if so, I'm very jelli. I almost could have bought the coupe in my colour, trim and year on Thursday.

Comment

ITR's look so much better than the previous wheels.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post

Twins or double vision?

[/IMG]
                  Made me think of the song from foreigner. lol. I am trying to do the opposite of you and grab a set of alloys lol, i already have the steelies and hubs.
                  Looking great as always my friend.

Comment

lol no, that sedan is my neighbour's car. He has that, a '92 EX, and a 2001 Civic sedan. He's had the Accord for about 4 years. His wife drives it. She was in a minor accident with it last year and I repaired it. I also installed a JVC cd player in it, a new muffler, and repaired the main relay.

No matter what, I find the ITR's just suit this car so well. I liked those 17s, but they wouldn't have been my first choice.I like 17s and 18s on CB's, I find they take to them very well.

Funny you mention about the other car you could have bought....we just got in a 1991 LX sedan, with cruise and a 5 speed, identical to your car. Runs and drives, with 240k, but is a write off from some massive hail damage from a big hailstorm here a couple months ago.

On another note, I installed another new fuel gauge, and this one works...but now the temp gauge doesn't work. FML. lol

Comment

I'm going to post something about the car I found in my MRT so I don't derail yours

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3065809

Comment

Put the 9293 sedan trunk and spoiler back on. IMO, looks so much better.

I replaced the sending unit and installed a new lock ring, but I'm still getting gas fumes inside the car, although it does look like it's locked and sealed correctly. I took it out and tried again with the same result.

Now I'm at the shitty part with my suspension. The UCA's are hitting the inside of my strut tower. I can cut it open like the wagon, or I have to remove the UCA and coilover to get access to the strut tower from the inside to beat the shit out of it with a hammer.

Car rides like an absolute jalopy right now with the UCA's hitting. I feel like I'm on ebay sleeves.

I have the alignment done pretty decently for a DIY job, but I'd like to bring it into work and get it all set up properly.

Comment

Yeah. I prefer dat ass.

Oh, and then this showed up today...Our new winter project. 1972 Z28...with a 454 swapped in. And yes, being a 1972, it's 1 of 2575 built. The lowest production Camaro ever. A hefty sum of $7000 was paid for it the way it sits.

Got the red '80 for sale right now. Couldn't pass up this 72. While I have no money or ownership in this car, I'll be doing a ton of work on it, like I did with the 80.

Comment

damn mikey coupe is looking good even in winter mode !! The camaro is a beauty, does it transform ? I should just buy that red z28 rather than another cb, have always wanted a camaro but don't have the space to store an extra car ! How much anyways ?
                            Instagram: robkhaira

MRT: 1991 EX-R: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post3273952

Comment

Looking to get around $9-10k out of it. Interior has been completely redone, body and paint been done, new wheels, crate engine, rebuilt tranny and rear end. Got about $8k into it.

Comment

Love the spoiler and hubcaps...I wonder how many different cb hubcaps r there.
                                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X