No announcement yet.

CB_JoeyG : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an automotive stethescope lol and for the headers its leaking at the slip joints at the collector on the bisi headers, Ive sealed it a few times with high temp permatex rtv and even once with both that and a hardening muffler sealant but bitch always blows right back out, the pipes dont line up straight so its always leaked

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Julio@ bisimoto. I hope ur reading this. I feel bad for dude man. He's doing everything he can and its still having issues.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
        Yea look for 3M Window weld, probably like 20-25 a tube but its the best urethane for sure. Ive owned this car since i was about 15, so 8 years now. Put about 125k on it since i got her. Shes sittin at 354,000k as of this morning

As for the bottom end noise its hard to tell between the leakin header and the neeeed for a valve lash job I really need to find some time to do the valve lash and as for the header i just dont have the money to get it fixed right now
        What's the deal with this? I've never hurd of it can I just fill my mounts with this stuff?
        My 90 coupe Mr thread....
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Yea look for 3M Window weld, probably like 20-25 a tube but its the best urethane for sure. Ive owned this car since i was about 15, so 8 years now. Put about 125k on it since i got her. Shes sittin at 354,000k as of this morning

As for the bottom end noise its hard to tell between the leakin header and the neeeed for a valve lash job I really need to find some time to do the valve lash and as for the header i just dont have the money to get it fixed right now
          So 3M Window weld cool and thanks alot. I shall let you know how it all turns out

And dam man you have owned her for 8 years now, Jeez thats true love all right lol

i know this is sad but mine just hit 163,100 without me even noticing.
          HELLAFLUSH 4 Me Coming Soon In Spring 2012

Comment

NW Coupe Mini-Meet Nov. 13th

Random w/ My buddys GSR

Feel Free to comment now anytime
            super clean man! Have u raced ur friends gsr? I really like ur engine setup. How does it run?
            92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Thx man i havent had the tinted tails on for daysss lol but i have raced him, i pulled on him but her this... his car has a b16a

The motor pulls great i love it, only complaint is the header. And i have talked to julio he told me i had 2 options,

1)take off my custom header that my exhaust is taylored to and send it to Bisimoto for inspection (paying shipping both ways)

2)or to install solid race mounts since my header is a "race" header its not intended for the abuse of daily driving on stock motor mounts.

I also heard that "some" leakage from the slip joints is normal. This amount isnt normal. It will be welded up in all due time i just cant afford it right now I owe 500$ on my tax return and have to move out to a smaller house with cheaper rent. I should be able to save up a bit of money after my bills are paid off so mayb 6months down the line

Until then ima keep her clean and hopefully this summer paint it! I have access to all the materials to paint her with and i already have the gallon of my Arcadia Green
              We'll seeee!

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Man that really sucks. I would say you got one hell of a lemon with that header. And solid race mounts? Don't you have filled mounts? I would think that would be enough. I sure hope you can get that thing welded up so it works properly. After reading up on all the other dissatisfied customers, and their overall lack of customer service when it comes to dealing with the problems, I definitely won't be ordering a header from them. If they really stood behind their product, they would make it right free of charge. That is how you create lasting relationships in the business world.

Comment

Originally posted by RUGER 2.2L View Post
                  Man that really sucks. I would say you got one hell of a lemon with that header. And solid race mounts? Don't you have filled mounts? I would think that would be enough. I sure hope you can get that thing welded up so it works properly. After reading up on all the other dissatisfied customers, and their overall lack of customer service when it comes to dealing with the problems, I definitely won't be ordering a header from them. If they really stood behind their product, they would make it right free of charge. That is how you create lasting relationships in the business world.
                  ^^^^^^ this I agree, why would you have to buy race mounts just to be able to use a header properly, what the excuse that the engine moves to much and makes the header move and that's why it leaks?
                  Sold to:
                  GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
                  Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Comment

Originally posted by Koochologist View Post
                    ^^^^^^ this I agree, why would you have to buy race mounts just to be able to use a header properly, what the excuse that the engine moves to much and makes the header move and that's why it leaks?
                    Thats just what Julio told me, honestly im not bashing them i can see where they're coming from considering i dont live in socal and have mad G's to just throw at bisi to tune my car to perfection. The thing with the mounts was him defending it when i said ive used permatex 3 seperate times and it always leaks again the next day.. I even have an 8" vibrant flex pipe welded directly to the downpipe in place of the 2bolt flange that was originally one it (had it removed because it kept catching on every little bump)

I dunno,, im not exactly bitter as much as just let down, i chose this header over H swapping the car...

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Shoulda just H-swapped it

Comment

Haha i feel ya there, Naw i like my F so F YOU!

Hopefully doing my valve lash this weekend, First time since i installed the Bisi cam

Also adding some Lucas oil stabalizer in hopes of quiteing down the bottom end a bit, I dont typically use Mobil 1 and im thinking this was the original reason, noiser! If this Lucas additive dosent work ill be changing my oil again and going back to Castrol Syntec like usual

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Haha i feel ya there, Naw i like my F so F YOU!

Hopefully doing my valve lash this weekend, First time since i installed the Bisi cam

Also adding some Lucas oil stabalizer in hopes of quiteing down the bottom end a bit, I dont typically use Mobil 1 and im thinking this was the original reason, noiser! If this Lucas additive dosent work ill be changing my oil again and going back to Castrol Syntec like usual
                          thats the save thing I say. I love H22s, but im also an F series enthusiast. I feel that u done have to do an H swap to whip ass. The F22 is no P.O.S, especially if u got a H tranny behind her

Member's Ride

Comment

My trans is going out too in her old age! I have a hook for a free f-trans but i realllly want an H one!

8 Accords so far:

Comment

I love my H23 trans, not quite as short as a H22 but makes the car seem so much faster.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

My trans is going out too in her old age! I have a hook for a free f-trans but i realllly want an H one!
                                No!
                                u NEED an H Tranny! Lol trust me

Member's Ride

Comment

Working...
                                X