CB_JoeyG : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    I kept on seeing the pics on FB but I never really made the connection until today. The CB is looking really good! How's that Bisi header treating ya? You're one of the few people who bought one and is actually using it.

p.s. glad to see the kido is doing well
    First of all thx, Kids doing good, still recovering from the surgery, but hes a tough little guy!

The header leak, im not gonna lie i regret buying it. Feels good after i reseal it but it usually blows whatever i use out within one drive.. The cars down for a bit as you can see, I got the wagon cleaned up decently for now so its time to buckle down on this baby

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Are you blowing out the OEM style metal gaskets? Either way, that sucks. At least once she's all buttoned up it'll be fun time again.

Comment

No it leaks at the primaries to the collector.. the slip fit design is garbage mine has never lined up properly

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Interesting. Have you tried contacting Bisimoto about it?

Comment

Yea i tried a while back, not worth my time messin with them and it'd cost me close to 200$ just shipping it back and forth

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Looking forward to this This car is definitely going to come back better than ever.

Kinda off topic but if you want that quart of white paint back for the swagon just let me know. I don't really have any immediate plans for buying a paint gun because I don't have a big enough compressor. It will probably be a year or two before I get into paint and body work on the car.

Comment

Your bisi header is leaking on the driver side where the runner slips into the collector, the front runner closest to the radiator? If so, my header has the same issue. I have an F22A1 92 Prelude that my bisi header is installed on and I have an exhaust leak at the same spot.

What I've done is gotten a mallet and with the motor running, hammered on the top of the manifold and gotten underneath the car and hammered up at the collector. Then I just slip my hand over the open seam to feel for leaking exhaust. I've gotten it to the point that the seam is still a gaping huge opening but you can't actually feel exhaust coming out. I havent dropped my car off the jacks and driven it yet, but I'm hoping that daily driving and bumpy roads don't loosen it up and open the seam.

BTW, I met you at Honda Tech this past year. Me and my cousin came up to you, and during some point of our conversation you thought you smelled weed and asked us if we had some. You remember?
                Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 01-01-2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

love the Bisi header

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post

this is exactly how i'm planning to do my door panels (but with cloth inserts instead of leather), trying to work with the tan interior i have and convert it into a black/tan combo.

hope you dont mind if i copy this onto my sedan lol (either or i'm still doing it lol)
                  FRIENDS
                  DONT LET
                  FRIENDS
                  ROLL ON
                  ROTA'S

Comment

Uggh looking through my photobucket

8 Accords so far:

Comment

All ^^this^^ is after \/this\/ happened

Its time to get her back to here:
                      Last edited by Cb_JoeyG; 06-03-2013, 11:14 AM.

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Good to see you remotivated on the coupe.
                        2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                        2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                        CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                        GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

How much of a difference did you feel with the Bisi Stage 1 Cam? Also what transmission are you running?

Comment

Not enough to justify the cost of the cam, im dailying on it now since this motor is in the wagon.. I may go stg 3 with the future build for the coupes new motor

And i was just running a low mileage f trans. nothing special.. when shes back on the road tho it will have the wagons trans in it rebuilt of course

8 Accords so far:

Comment

SSR wheels would be purrrrfect on this whip...
                              RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                                These were good times mayne. You need to fix her soon

Comment

Working...
                                X