No announcement yet.

oyajicool : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, I found the dual pressure switch had developed a leak. So, the A/C system has to be recharged after switch replacement. Also, I found couple more issues.

As I was getting ready to install these fans, I found some wetness on the radiator. This explains the level of over-flow tank being lower than before. I have to get the replacement radiator tomorrow.
    A&P-IA

Comment

Changed fuel filter the other day. Previous filter was replaced in June, 2008, about 42K miles ago. This is how the fuel looked like.

A&P-IA

Comment

Benefit of Iridium Plugs

My engine currently on the car needs help, big time. Compression readings from last time was 165, 166, 90 and 167, 14073 miles ago. Now, they are 165, 160, 40 and 167.

I used use regular NGK plugs before and #3 was always black due to low compression. About 3000 miles ago, I switch them to iridium plugs as you see above. #3 has more deposit on it but the color is tan, not black.

This is one of benefits on using iridium plugs.
        A&P-IA

Comment

Driving up to Stuart, FL this morning.

A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
            Driving up to Stuart, FL this morning.

What for?
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

There was an airplane I maintain got stuck there in Stuart Airport. No maintenance facility there had the parts needed for repair. So, I went for rescue.

I should have wore short pants. It was humid and sticky.
              A&P-IA

Comment

Yes that it is today I was like uh whoa lol. Good luck with the rescue!!!
                The CB7 Collector.
                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Thanks. It is back to its home airport.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

The Second Fart can

The first one was destroyed by an idiotic valet parker. The can got hooked with a bump stopper as going backward then it was ripped off as the car moved forward. I had another muffler can welded on. And it was OK for a year, no leak. But, lately it started to leak. I'm not a good welder.

So, got this delivered yesterday. Less than $100 shipped. Cannot complain.
                    It's not that bad of a sound once you get used to it.

A&P-IA

Comment

This is one of days I wished I had a pick-up truck. This aircraft engine mount was not fitting inside the LX.
                      A&P-IA

Comment

I like your progress. And when you have an issue. You fix it! Nice work!
                        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Thank you
                          A&P-IA

Comment

looks like it's going along well
                            VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                            1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                            MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

3/19/2013 @262328.2 miles

The starter motor didn't crank yesterday. I could hear a relay clicking as the key is turned to "start". But there was no voltage to the small lead.

I had to hot wire the solenoid on the starter motor so it would crank while the key is in "on" position. Engine started fine.

This morning, I was "fixing" to start troubleshooting the thing. And on the
                              first try the motor turns over and the engine started.

Was it a freak glitch in the system? The car never done this before.
                              Last edited by oyajicool; 05-06-2013, 05:46 PM.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

3/29/2013 @262400 miles

Installed Bisi Header. The work started around 6 pm. I didn't take any other photos since it was dark as the work went on.

The header was found leaky when it was bought new, before the installation. So it was sent back to Bisimoto for a "fix". When is was back, the slip joint was tighter than it was before. I think they had runners stretched but it was megaphoned, wider at the opening, not even stretch. The slip joints were fully engaged when the installation was complete. There are gaps between collector and runners as they were before "the fix".

The work was finished around 12 am, including a dinner break.

The engine was started, and immediately it was noted that the slip joints are leaking. The car was driven and the exhaust gas is still leaking. This Bisi header is going to be removed as soon as 421 header is fixed. See below.

Last edited by oyajicool; 03-31-2013, 01:36 PM.
                                A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                                X