No announcement yet.

oyajicool : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude try driving it around to operating temperature like others have said so the pipes expand.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

dude, you think I haven't driven it yet?

The fume is not that noticeable while the car is in motion. But it gets intolerable when stopped for a traffic light.
      A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
        The engine was started, and immediately it was noted that the slip joints are leaking. This Bisi header is going to be removed as soon as 421 header is fixed. See below.
        this just made it sound to me you started it up and said FML and gave up. is there still gap? or whats the porblem? i would be pissed too.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Ok, I'll fix that comment to include the test drive was performed.

I think they had runners stretched but it was megaphoned, wider at the opening, not even stretch.
          Gapps are still visible. I cannot take photos since my wife is driving the car while I fix her Civic,,,,,.
          A&P-IA

Comment

This is proof just because you spend on 800 on headers you will have good quality (Many complained about BISI headers). The way I see your skills and testing I guarantee you can make your own headers with better quality piping.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

what a POS header man, I feel for you man.
              MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
              1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
                This is proof just because you spend on 800 on headers you will have good quality (Many complained about BISI headers). The way I see your skills and testing I guarantee you can make your own headers with better quality piping.
                My welding skill and equipments aren't there yet, but I kinda know what it takes to make exhaust systems. I visit my welder's shop for exhausts on aircrafts often enough.

what a POS header man, I feel for you man.
                Thank you.
                A&P-IA

Comment

5/1/2013 @263243.4 Bye-bye Bisi header

I got a replacement header (dna motoring) off of eBay for $61 shipping included. Off comes the leaky expensive header, see below.

Installed the wrapped header and started engine. See the #3 runner is not heating up as the rest of cylinders.

I know this cylinder is low on compression and it shows pretty good with this wrap.
                  The best part about this header is,,,,,,,,It's not leaking!!! I have all metal gasket where down pipe meets runners.
                  Last edited by oyajicool; 05-01-2013, 01:45 PM.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

i like the safety wire job you did to protect your coolant hose. FAA approved
                    visit vgruk

Comment

I like the work you do man. To bad that bisi header sucks, even though I still want one (that doesn't leak).

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                      BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                      Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                      CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                        i like the safety wire job you did to protect your coolant hose. FAA approved
                        yeah, man. except the one that closest to the cylinder head,,,,,.

I'm getting new upper and lower radiator hoses tomorrow. I don't trust upper hose due to it being subjected to high heat. And, I found a small trace of leak from lower hose due to chafing while I was working in day light today.

I like the work you do man. To bad that bisi header sucks, even though I still want one (that doesn't leak).
                        I had a very high hope that the Bisi header will be leak free after it was claimed being fixed. But it wasn't the case.
                        If your car is lowered, even with sports springs, Bisi's big ass flange will scrape the ground if there's bumps and such. Also, it will make the down pipe hit the oil pan as well. I couldn't line up the support bracket aft of the block.
                        Last edited by oyajicool; 05-01-2013, 03:05 PM.
                        A&P-IA

Comment

yeah, man. except the one that closest to the cylinder head,,,,,.

I'm getting new upper and lower radiator hoses tomorrow. I don't trust upper hose due to it being subjected to high heat. And, I found a small trace of leak from lower hose due to chafing while I was working in day light today.
                          yea i hear that! it seems like my upper and lower main hoses are always having chafing problems. im currently looking into getting some kind of sleeve myself.
                          visit vgruk

Comment

I think I will use a scrap of silicone engine baffle seal material and zip tie it onto where chafing is occurring. I think you know what that is, don't you?
                            A&P-IA

Comment

I think I will use a scrap of silicone engine baffle seal material and zip tie it onto where chafing is occurring. I think you know what that is, don't you?
                              yep, just replaced one today on a piper. where can i get stuff like that at though? aviation supply store? I will see if my school has some extra i can have. im sure they wont mind
                              visit vgruk

Comment

Aircraft Spruce is one of many suppliers.
                                A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                                X