No announcement yet.

oyajicool : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much props to you sir. Thank you for taking time out to help me, and for the free parts

Very cool job btw

Comment

You are welcome!! DCB7!!
      I hope the fan functioned as it supposed be functioning.
      The photo came out pretty good.
      Last edited by oyajicool; 05-06-2013, 06:36 AM.
      A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
        I need to find a set of center hub caps. I have ones for Civic steelies but they are small in diameter.
        CRV "H" center caps fit Accord wheels, same hub diameter.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Hey, thanks for the info.

I have found Enkei Hub Caps (I think) on my steelies online a long time ago. The car in back is mine and you may see silver/chrome looking things on the wheels. Those are what I have now.
          A&P-IA

Comment

You are welcome!! DCB7!!
            I hope the fan functioned as it supposed be functioning.
            The photo came out pretty good.
            Yep, yes it did. Even though the sensor came of the harness from another car right? It works perfectly.

I know i wasnt getting the boiling water in the reservoir yesterday, but earlier I made it idle and watched it till it came on. Changes my whole driving experience now Engine che ck light is off with new O2 sensor also

Thanks man

Condenser fan and recharge next

Comment

Alright. It's good to know it worked.

A/C work is going to be a little more involved along with need/recommended for some new parts.

Let me know when you want have that taken care of.
              A&P-IA

Comment

Alright. It's good to know it worked.

A/C work is going to be a little more involved along with need/recommended for some new parts.

Let me know when you want have that taken care of.
                Well I already got the High pressure switch (I think its called), the one that goes to the switch that was jumped. And Im assuming the radiator is good, since the coolant temp sensor works, and the cooling fan takes long to come on, so Ill just get the condenser fan instead of whole assembly.

Ill install those, so the only thing left will be to get the moisture out of the system like you said, and Ill start pricing free on. I should have it in a week or two

Of course I would appreciate your help again You know I need it

Comment

I hope your system is in positive pressure with Freon, still. If not, you may be looking at replacing receiver/dryer as well. In order to avoid/minimize air entering the system, you wanna hold off on replacing that switch till we are good to do the work.

I did oil change today. The oil pressure warning light has been flickering on at idle speed when hot. So I got curious about switching pressure of existing pressure switch.

I got new one from NAPA.

Switching pressure on this switch is 3 psi. If I still see the warning light flickers, I am in real trouble with this engine.

The old one was from Advance Auto and switching pressure is 7 psi.

This filter came with purchase of a jug of oil from Advance Auto. I think this filter is pretty good as far as construction is concerned. Much better than a name brand with orange paint.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

Ok, I will hold off on the switch till then. I need it done because its only getting hotter, the climate

Comment

hey man you've put a lot of works in your ride, hope everything went fine.
                      私はフィリピン人

Comment

Yeah, everything is working OK on my car, thanks.

I bought this .50 oversized block last year. The guy said it has only about 500 miles since rebuild. He didn't go in detail of why it was removed from his car. The oil didn't contain any metal flakes, so I took the chance.

Today, I lifted my heavy ass to explore how it is. I tell you, this is a professionally botched rebuild engine as far as I can tell.

The shop that did this rebuild was sponsored by Loctite, I think. Way too much of their products are used throughout. Rod end caps falls out with a little wiggle, usually. Not this one.

Oil must have been leaking from aft seal.

Don't they pay attention to debris and stuff?

Do you think the rod is bent on this cylinder?

I think I will have bores up to 86 mm to take off those scoring and scuffing.
                        Now, who makes and sells 86 mm piston and rings for F22A1? Other than Bisimoto?
                        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

I am thinking of getting K20A3 pistons now. Since, no turbo is in the future, I think OE pistons will do, OK. Re-bushing on small ends should be done with relative ease at an engine shop.

Any input on this matter is appreciated.
                        Last edited by oyajicool; 05-19-2013, 11:09 AM.
                        A&P-IA

Comment

Oil pump

Cleaned oil pump today.

Removing screws was challenging on this pump. The previous installer may have used "red Loctite" on this one just as all other screws he/she did. Used impact wrench to remove screws. Used my foot to secure the pump while I strike the impact. That is why there's a foot print. Three of them needed heat (torch) to remove. This one was a bugger the most.

Not much of scoring here.

Soaked in this to clean.

A few hours later, it came out like this.
                          A&P-IA

Comment

Good to see you got to working on that motor

Comment

I know, right? It's about time. I think the current engine is like a ticking time bomb. It'll blow up or stop running at any time.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

Is it really that bad? Looked like it was pulling very strong.

That new one is going to be serious though

Comment

Working...
                                X