- new cone filter Done
      - DC sports header and new gaskets up to cat
      - remove sheared off exhaust manifold bolt and replaceDone
      - add horn honk with my alarm
      - achieve nirvana regarding retrofit
      - M3 style flushmount(in paint)
      - Energy suspension front control arm bushings
      - new seat covers Done

so i went to work on the header today. finally got off them damn studs. i used my friends dad's lift at his shop. and we drilled them out! also drilled out and replaced the exhaust manifold stud that broke off, another .

all smooth and just gunna put on the DC sports manifold, but uhh yah. basically the DC manifold is too long to fit on the stock downpipe. so it doenst just mate up.

so im thinking its not a bad thing. heres what i got on my mind.

DCsports manifold, get a muffler shop to chop part of the downpipe and shorten it, get this 2" - 2.25" y welded on, and go 2.25" down to 2.5" somewhere down the line to a magnaflow cat to a WS2 muffler.

comments???

your welcome DJM_
      As far as the downpipe being shortened I would say go for it if you know it will work.

As far as going from 2.25 up to 2.5 I would do that as far up as possible if thats what you want to do. 2.25" would be very suffecient. 2.5" is a bit over kill. Even though the muffler is a 2.5" the exhaust shop wont have any trouble welding it on to a 2.25" pipe.

A magnaflow weld in catalytic converter would be great. A good resonator would also be needed. And the muffler is a great choice.

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
      would you buy this muffler

it says 60mm inlet but 2.5" is 63.5mm. is this like buying lumber where 2"X4" isn't truly 2" by 4"
      It will work just fine. The exhaust shop wont have an issue.

Originally posted by BigJakecb9 View Post
      Could you pm me some trustworthy people please, i dont wanna get scammed. I have frootloops finding me some fogs with switch and a cb9 cargo net/cover
      Frootloops is awesome. I havent really had any problems on here and I think most of those problems have been weeded out in the past. The forum is kind of whiped into shape so to speak. Currently any scammer would have a hard time and only do it once. We are not a crowd that will let stuff like that go. But always be cautious.
      Last edited by H311RA151N; 02-06-2013, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks your a smart feller

So why you think 2.5" is a little much? Just for a stock engine or under most circumstances?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

so im gonna get this shop to chop the downpipe, talked to them today.

going 2" up to magnaflow cat 2.25" in and out

then 2.25" in/out OBX 14" resonator

Apexi Ws2 muffler 2.5" in
          Last edited by Quashish; 02-06-2013, 04:27 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I like where this is going.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Yup! Me too, that was the fastest shipping I ever got. Ordered it yesterday afternoon.Shipped from san leandro and I got it at like noon today! Still waiting for the other two. Going to pick n pull this weekend to get a good downpipe so I can cut that one. Mines kinda dented.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

it's so clean bro!!!!
                  VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                  1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                  MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Thanks! A few pictures from last night's meet.

DumbleDore! On my right. Idk why my headlights look so blue.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                      Thanks your a smart feller

So why you think 2.5" is a little much? Just for a stock engine or under most circumstances?

Thank you very much! I try to give the best information I can. You asking for my opinion means a lot to me.

2.5" is a little much and can kill some low end torque. Not a lot but I like to keep as much low end torque as I can being as it’s hard to come by in a F22. If you were going turbo I’d say 2.5" would be ideal but for a mild F like yours and mine 2.25" is perfect. Plus it’s slightly cheaper and easier to work with. Also being smaller you run less of a risk of rattling against a heat shield because it takes up slightly less space.

IMO you have chosen some very nice quality parts! I hope your very pleased as I think you will be.

Comment

Oh yes I'm excited. My ws2 and cat should be here tomorrow

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

now if you will excuse me, gentlemen. i have some buisness to attend to

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I had that exhaust and got so many tickets and took it off. OH yeah I love your DOMO hung next to your woofer!!!

Whats up with the lotion? Should I gets some napkins/tissues or socks?
                            Last edited by Alex13mod; 02-13-2013, 08:53 PM.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

What was your set up? Im going to use a 14" resonator.

Thanks I like doko kun but I'm embracing the usdm, so thats whats up with the noose.
                              Last edited by Quashish; 02-13-2013, 09:07 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Looks good! I’m glad to see you got it!

It will sound good once you get it all together. You should post up a sound clip once you get it all installed. And there is no way it will be loud enough to get you pulled over. It will sound really close if not exactly like a WS2 catback. You should really enjoy the set up you have chosen.

Comment

Working...
                                X