Scolirk : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    First time I've ever seen LX climate controls with AC. I guess they must have made it an option, otherwise they wouldn't have put the switch blank in it.
    Hopefully I can get it working for the summer, or else it's as good as a blank. Previous owner said there's a leak, but not sure where. I know there's a dye you can use to detect the leak, but I'm not sure if it's something I can buy off the shelf. I'm definitely going to need to have it fixed though, I can't own another car with broken AC :P

Comment

So I'm on the hunt for rims. It's proving to be impossible to find the last centre cap I need for my steel rims, so I'm tracking down some factory rims that look nice. I found these on Kijiji last night:

The seller has 4 rims, but only 3 of the centre caps. It looks like the caps are different than those I've seen at wreckers, so I don't know how hard it will be to find the last one. They're asking $120 for the 4 rims and apparently only 3 tires.

Should I bother with these? I think I'll offer $80 and see where it goes. Don't need the tires at all.

Comment

I have a set of those rims with 4 centre caps with brand new hankooks on them. Those will look nice on your car. Worth shooting the guy an offer atleast.

If you really need a centre cap for them, I can send you the set of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
          I have a set of those rims with 4 centre caps with brand new hankooks on them. Those will look nice on your car. Worth shooting the guy an offer atleast.

If you really need a centre cap for them, I can send you the set of mine.
          I took a look at what the guy had to offer, I think that the rims are just dirty and don't appear to be damaged. 3 of the tires are alright, like 50% - 70% tread on em, and they're winters. The fourth pictured with my car blew up, so I'll need a new tire. Here's some photos, maybe some folks with more experience might be able to tell if the rims are dirty or damaged.

Clearly one of the caps is really worn out, but I think the wrecker near me had a bunch of em. The plan is to order the new tire Monday and buy the rims Tuesday for install Tuesday afternoon.

Comment

Love the fogs and the CD7 rims. They look like they will suit your car well. But do you have 9293 side moldings O_o

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

lookin sweet pictures kinda big though. i wish it would rain over here already

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Rims are a go then. Hopefully I can get them cleaned up and back to their glory. I just wish I had them for this weekend's ride :/ Oh well, some things are worth waiting for.

Not sure about the side mouldings. Aside from the rims and fogs, I bought the car as it looks now. I know the front lip was installed and the bumpers painted, but I'm not sure what other mod were done to her. I found a 1990 Coupe LX in Pewter Gray today, got a photo of it. As far as I can tell they appear to be the same. You wouldn't happen to have a photo of a properly stock car to compare?

Comment

of a 92? it almost looks like the fender section is 90 91 and the rest is 29 93. maybe im just seeing things though

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Not too sure :/ I just assumed that the body was all stock 1990 aside from the EX-R lip at the front. I'll see if I can find some images of what my car would look like right from the factory.

Comment

@Quashish, I wish it got colder here! Why is it 50 degrees in the morning and like 90 degrees at 10 am!?

@Scorlik, just take a reaaaaally up close photo the the side mouldings and post it on here. If there is an indent then its 9091 if its smooth and thinner it is a 9293. And sadly I don't have any pictures of a stock 9091 LX

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

cool, i just picked up a set of those as well a few weeks ago for 140 i think...planning to refinish them. Let me know what does it say under the centre cap? mine says some company Ive never heard of. I wonder if the cb7 exr centre caps will fit?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                          @Quashish, I wish it got colder here! Why is it 50 degrees in the morning and like 90 degrees at 10 am!?
                          We live in wonderland alex.....

Not really I hate sacramento

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

So do I. There is nothing interesting here.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I decided shortly after I bought my car that it would be good to have a second one, but a bit more for show/performance than my sedan's current daily use.

The one I found was exactly what I'd want to get, same car just 2 door. I forget what ended up going on the car, but the rad was cooked and some of the front end needed to be replaced before we could even think about certification. They had pushed the car in to the ditch with a truck so the rear bumper was broken. Rear window sill was dented/rusted and the owner spilled a large amount of oil in the trunk so that was ruined also.

Could have been mine for $350 if I had the time to repair it. I think I'm going to hold off until I find the perfect 90 LX coupe in manual and get it as a project car. My GF might not be so happy, she already doesn't like the idea of the 90 without airbags and such. We found out a couple weeks ago that we're having a baby, so my priorities are supposed to focus towards that.

Here's a photo the owner sent me through Kijiji before I took a look at it:

(Note: The owner of this vehicle is not Smoke)

This poor little car was in pretty bad shape. I regret not pulling my car beside it and taking some photos of the two, but the car was in a pretty swampy bit of grass and I had just washed my ride :P

Anyway, the hunt continues for another 1990 Pewter Gray LX.

Comment

That's a shame. Body looks pretty rough, but as always, if it's cheap enough...

The coupes are harder to find, but they're around. The most common ones I see are Seattle Silver with maroon interior and automatic.

I know where there's a nice clean 90 Phoenix Red LX coupe sitting, that needs a clutch, but the guy who has it keeps refusing my offers, so I finally told him to pound sand.

Comment

Working...
                                X