Scolirk : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    WTF, Phoenix Red with GREY interior?! I thought they only came black. Can't be my eyes fooling me.

BTW, that is a beautiful coupe. Beside my work, there's a nice Phoenix Red coupe 5 speed just sitting....has 286k and needs a new clutch. That's it. Damn guy won't sell it, even when I went to see him with a wad of cash and a bill of sale in my hand.
    I thought they only had black interiors also, that's what I was telling my gf this morning anyway :/ I'd love to pick it up, but it would be even nicer in 5spd for sure. I think I need to wait a little while longer anyway, the plan for that car would be an engine swap right away, so low km's on the engine isn't as important.

I know what's going to happen, now that I'm 99% satisfied with my car as of right now, I'll want to buy a new one and work on that for a while. Oh well, I'll have to wait for now. New job should = $$$$$$$$ which = more CB7 <3

Comment

I was in heaven when I had my coupe and wagon. Once I get some cash together again, I'd love to buy another CB just as a beater.

Comment

Originally posted by Scolirk View Post
        This photo ended up on my desktop.I like your photos and your cb is coming along nicely bro

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
          This photo ended up on my desktop.I like your photos and your cb is coming along nicely bro
          Thanks! I'm glad you like the photo There's no copyright on any of my photos by the way, so use them as you wish.

I just got back from a paint shop with some goodies. I bought enough paint to fix the bumpers and paint the mirrors. I've got a spare set of mirrors that I'm going to test the paint on first, but I'm thinking of painting both mirrors and the side-mouldings. I tried to photoshop the results but it doesn't give me a good idea of what to expect.

Any thoughts? I think it would look nice being all one colour like the newer Accords. I just hope I have everything I need/know what I'm doing. I have the spray can of paint itself, as well as a clear coat and an adhesive solution.

Might start in a couple hours, but I'm so addicted to Euro Truck Simulator 2, it's hard to get away from my PC!

Comment

Decided to hold off on the moulding right now. I'd say the paint job was 8/10 success. It's about 5º out and the wind was shitty which didn't help me at all. I was getting aggravated with it. Anyway I'm happy enough with the way it all turned out, at least the bumper doesn't look sad anymore. Mirrors look good also.

Someone had asked a few weeks ago if I could take some photos of the mouldings, so here they are!

Also my car is dirty :P

Comment

The mirrors look great, but personally I would not paint the moldings, unless you change to the 9293 style door moldings and bumpers. Then you can paint them and it'll look like a 93 SE.

The 9091 style don't look good painted, IMO.

Comment

The mirrors look great, but personally I would not paint the moldings, unless you change to the 9293 style door moldings and bumpers. Then you can paint them and it'll look like a 93 SE.

The 9091 style don't look good painted, IMO.
                Fair enough!

When the wind dies down I need to touch up along the bumpers anyway. There are a lot of spots where the previous owner missed. At least it looks more or less well done even close up. Just need a few touch ups and I'll be happy

Comment

Nothing beats washing your car in 2º weather.

Comment

Lookin purty as ever! The painted mirrors really help the look.

Funny how the black door handles seem to fit well with the grey exterior.

Comment

Lookin purty as ever! The painted mirrors really help the look.

Funny how the black door handles seem to fit well with the grey exterior.
                      I was thinking about painting them this week instead of the moulding. I just need to be careful so i dont need to scrap paint specks off my windows again. All I need are power doors off a wrecker car and my EX transformation will be complete! Not sure if it's really worth it.

Comment

it's really clean cb7....keep up the mods
                        VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                        1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                        MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Manual locks on a 4 door must suck. Bad enough with 2 doors lol.

Comment

Manual locks on a 4 door must suck. Bad enough with 2 doors lol.
                            It's the worst! I don't regret getting the LX, the EX/Rs out here that were for sale at the same time were in really rough shape. I imagine in order to install doors with power options would require wiring to the fuse box in the engine bay. It might be too much work considering I have no idea what I'm doing. Manual everything isn't the end of the world.. I just want to fix the driver side window so it actually cranks up properly. That's all I ask for now.

Comment

Apple Maps took me through the Sahara Desert today while en route to a house listing. So much for cleaning it over the weekend. At least I re-re-painted the bumper yesterday. When I did it the first time I sprayed too close and made it worse. Now it looks perfect. Just need to touch up a few spots and figure out the best way to paint the handles.

Comment

Quick update. A friend of mine who owned a CD5 about 8 months ago had some parts lying around that he claimed would fit on my car. So after an hour drive to his place, we find his Nuspeed struts and K&N filter actually don't fit on my ride. We did retrofit the filter to work though, and I think I hear a difference. That or the car is falling apart.

Also we accidentally knocked out the lighting wires from the fuse box, and it wasn't until I was stuck on the 407 did I notice this. Nothing quite sums up the thrill of repairing your vehicle on the side of the road when all the vehicles are travelling at 140kph.

I think I'll be purchasing a new intake and find a working strut soon enough, just need to figure out where I can get em.

Comment

Working...
                                X