No announcement yet.

Scolirk : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been on the site in about a year now. Truthfully I haven't had much time to work on the car between work and baby. I spent some time today cleaning the engine bay and inside of the hood, along with fixing some of the interior trim that had been peeling off (driver speaker cover, passenger door carpet trim thing).

Before:

After:

Here's how it looks today. About the same as it did last year I suppose. Hoping to get some time to scrounge for parts in the coming months and continue with the repairs that need to be done.

Thanks for looking!

Comment

I've always appreciated a clean hood on the underside. I should have taken mine off like you did before I went to town with paper towels and simple green .

Nice clean engine bay too. I barely notice the chrome, so it adds nicely to the shine.
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
        I've always appreciated a clean hood on the underside. I should have taken mine off like you did before I went to town with paper towels and simple green .

Nice clean engine bay too. I barely notice the chrome, so it adds nicely to the shine.
        Thanks! I like the way the hood cleaned up. Never thought paint brush cleaner would get it that clean with just a hose and water.

In an attempt to fix the dim output on my passenger fog lamp, I picked up Sylvania zXe's for my fogs and low beams. I know it's unanimous that they aren't worth the price, but Canadian Tire only had H3's in zXe's and my GE NightHawks are a few years old now.

I think they look alright. Still bummed about my fogs though.

Update: I bought some clear orange spray paint and prettied up my signals.

Last edited by Scolirk; 07-31-2014, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Quick shot of the lights at night from last night.

Comment

I'm loving that front end bro looks clean !!

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
              I'm loving that front end bro looks clean !!
              Thanks, I appreciate it! I've still got some work to do to clean up the front but it's a huge improvement from when I got it.

The wife is away again this week, meaning I'm on baby duty but it gives me some time to work on the car. I had some time to paint the door handles finally.

There are a few dents along the top of the truck and rear that I'm going to try and fix as well. There's a car cruise in my area this Saturday and I'd like it to look as nice as the 91 Civic Wagon that was at the last cruise.

Comment

Yup, finally. Was it worth the 4 hour drive with my fussy baby in the back seat? Probably. One of the only things I've had on my 'NEED' list. I just need to sort out a small issue: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...23#post3208523

The mechanic my family has trusted for over a decade messed up most of my interior, including breaking the centre console clips to hold the armrest down. The old cover for the e-brake looked like a beaver went to town on it, and my CD player is being held in place with a Harvey's straw.

Anyway, there's a cruise in the area tomorrow, and I'll probably be the only other Honda there. Someone's got a 91 Civic Wagon like my dad had, and he should be there. I'll try to remember to take some pictures this time.

Comment

We took a drive down to London and through Elgin County after my wife's work-related visit at Acura in London. The new spark plugs I installed appear to work well, not sure if I'll notice any difference in fuel economy although the old V-Powers that were in there had to have been in for over 100k kms.

Comment

I scored some loot at the auto wrecker today. I was able to find an EX-R spoiler with most of it's LED's working in a similar colour to my car. I'm going to search for a DIY to replace the lights and repaint it to match the rest of the car next week or so. I also found several CDM arm rests and another wing in good shape. Might broker them off in the area if anyone wants them. This wrecker's prices are all over the place. $50 for this wing, but I think it's great.

Here's some of what was at the wrecker. There's also a 9091 set of fogs which have been there for 2 years. The harness might be worth pulling out, but the lights were rusted like mine

Comment

Not the best work I've done, but I managed to get the wing painted. Next on the list is an OEM stereo, preferably from a 97-01 Prelude.

Comment

I'm probably one of only a few people on this site who's removed their aftermarket stereo in favour of a factory model. I had the original pleb radio from my 1992 Acura Vigor LS sitting on a shelf. It hasn't been used in about a decade, and surprisingly it still works.

After finding a new OEM wiring harness and removing my centre console, the Acura radio is in and working! Truthfully the audio quality isn't as good as the Kenwood, which is to be expected for a 23 year old radio. The Acura one was manufactured by Panasonic, according to the information pulled from Acura of Oakville yesterday.

Now to look for the accessory equalizer or CD player, assuming any Honda/Acura attachment will work from 88 to 97.

The car also hit 285,000km. Still pretty low in my opinion.

Last edited by Scolirk; 09-04-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

While most people are updating their MRTs with wicked performance upgrades or funky paint jobs, I'm once again updating mine with more 'factory reversions'. I picked up an OEM Hood Mask today, never opened in it's original parts box for a hefty sum. Probably not worth what I paid, but considering the only ones available for sale here require shipping costs, I feel it was worth my hard earned money.

I spent the rest of the day digging through local wreckers here in Milton and Hamilton and scored a newer factory radio with CD accessory for $24. The new radio comes out of a '98 Honda Odyssey (RA3) LX. While the CD attachment didn't allow me to use the original mounting bracket to put the new equipment in, I'm sure the rubberized edges of the radios along with the hot glue I stuck under it should keep it in place.

I'm just glad this new radio works better than the older one from the Vigor. My half-antenna produced static on radio stations which is now fixed with the newer radio. All in all, it was a very expensive, but good day.

Comment

Cool. This car's gonna be nicer than factory new when you're done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                              Cool. This car's gonna be nicer than factory new when you're done with it.
                              I hope so! One day I'll be able to allocate cash towards upgrading the engine and mechanical components, but most of my cash is spent on Baby haha.

Comment

You must go to a good junkyard; I can never find the burgundy high rise center consoles.

I like how you're very OEM+ in style. It's all so clean and good looking.

Comment

Working...
                                X