Raf99 : 1992 Accord EX-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Today the car got new VC gaskets and I have a new manifold too, but i couldn't get the bracket bolt off the old one. Spent hours on it too

The 4th one (furthest away) is an old one. That's why it has oil on it.

Thanks to 1990[H]accordex for this!
    I see you got your vice setup and got the header all cleaned up, looks very good

Comment

I don't recommend wider than 7 or 7.5 for a car you want to drive comfortably, as far as our accords are concerned. If you are a hard parker looking for weekend show points, by all means, otherwise it's not practical. I loved how my most recent set looked, and 8 fits... Kind of... But it hits where a 7 won't, my new fender is witness, unless you are not dropping the car at all its not daily drivable unless you have a glass smooth commute.

Just my 0.2
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
        I see you got your vice setup and got the header all cleaned up, looks very good
        Thanks man. Going to try again this weekend to get that bolt off. I'll use some heat this time!

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
        I don't recommend wider than 7 or 7.5 for a car you want to drive comfortably, as far as our accords are concerned. If you are a hard parker looking for weekend show points, by all means, otherwise it's not practical. I loved how my most recent set looked, and 8 fits... Kind of... But it hits where a 7 won't, my new fender is witness, unless you are not dropping the car at all its not daily drivable unless you have a glass smooth commute.

Just my 0.2
        I like your .02. I'm still a newbie when it comes to width and offset. I want to buy a set of XXR's but can't figure out the proper offset. I believe we need a 35 - 45 with a 7" max (when lowered).

Comment

So today i tackled the manifold again, but this time there was SUCCESS!!

Can you see the problem here??? Ya. besides the bolt that had come loose, there was no gasket.

And of course, i live in hickville, so I couldn't find any store that had the gasket, soo I made one from tin.

Used some high temp RTV as well. Only a small amount does the trick.

Comment

Got new tires for my baby and an oil change today

Hmm, the weird thing after doing the last job with the exhaust header is that I have a vibration feeling at 1800rpm now. Like driving a truck with a drive shaft and at that rpm you feel a vibration. I know its coming from the exhaust but I'm not sure how or why. I'm thinking maybe now that its tightened up and "proper" its transferring engine vibration down through the exhaust at that rpm.

Comment

The factory DP uses two crush rings. I would have sent you a spare set I have if I knew you needed them. How well/long do you think the tin flange and RTV will hold for?

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                The factory DP uses two crush rings. I would have sent you a spare set I have if I knew you needed them. How well/long do you think the tin flange and RTV will hold for?
                Doesn't matter and I'd like to do it right. Can you PM me please and i'll pay for shipping and fees for this gasket?

Comment

These are the crush rings or donuts I have on hand. I'll have to figure out a way to ship them if you really want them.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    Got new tires for my baby and an oil change today

Hmm, the weird thing after doing the last job with the exhaust header is that I have a vibration feeling at 1800rpm now. Like driving a truck with a drive shaft and at that rpm you feel a vibration. I know its coming from the exhaust but I'm not sure how or why. I'm thinking maybe now that its tightened up and "proper" its transferring engine vibration down through the exhaust at that rpm.
                    Check to see if your exhaust is chaffing or rubbing against the subframe, I had this issue once...

Comment

These are the crush rings or donuts I have on hand. I'll have to figure out a way to ship them if you really want them.

Oooo... never seen these before. So do I just need these or these + a gasket of some type?

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
                      Check to see if your exhaust is chaffing or rubbing against the subframe, I had this issue once...
                      Ya, there's the piece the exhaust bolts onto which is on the back of the block. You can adjust it up and down. I'll check that out. thanks

Comment

No gasket required. Do you have a local autozone or another parts store? I can give you the part number. They cost $5 USD each and my rough shipping quote was around $18 USD. It would be cheaper for you to get them locally than for me to ship them to you.

For installation you just remove the old crush ring if there is one and install the new one and torque to spec in the correct pattern and you are done.

Honda part number:
                        18212-SB2-961 ; 18212-SB2-960

Last edited by wildBill83; 08-06-2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=wildBill83;3159811]No gasket required. Do you have a local autozone or another parts store? I can give you the part number. They cost $5 USD each and my rough shipping quote was around $18 USD. It would be cheaper for you to get them locally than for me to ship them to you.

For installation you just remove the old crush ring if there is one and install the new one and torque to spec in the correct pattern and you are done.

Honda part number:
                          18212-SB2-961 ; 18212-SB2-960
                          [QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll order these from Honda today. torontohondaparts.com lists only the 18212-SB2-961, so I'll order two. & ya, there were no crush rings, there was nothing. Judging by the pics, all I need is the crush rings and no gasket/gasket sealer?
                          Last edited by Raf99; 08-06-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Yes no gasket other than the donuts, either part number should work they are for the same part. Don't use any goop or anything and be careful to torque in steps. These rings are one time use. Do not over torque.

Comment

Yes no gasket other than the donuts, either part number should work they are for the same part. Don't use any goop or anything and be careful to torque in steps. These rings are one time use. Do not over torque.
                              Hmm what are the torque specs? There's only 3 bolts.

Comment

Ordered the following today:

2 - Exhaust Gaskets - (18212-SB2-961)
                                2 - Coupe Door Pin Kit - (04730-SM2-A00)

Can't wait to fix the door glass rattle. Not looking forward to fixing the gasket as its an impossible job todo on your own.

Comment

Working...
                                X