Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    While replacing the rear struts/springs, noticed the brake shoes were down pretty low (only the second set in 330,000 miles). Still plenty of meat on the drums to have them machined.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
    Very nice! If you're open to visits, I'll have to plan a weekend or something to come down and visit you and your CB collection.
    Come on down. You can peruse my parts collection if you need anything while you're here. I had one member stay the night on a his way across the country.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisnick
    replied
    Very nice! If you're open to visits, I'll have to plan a weekend or something to come down and visit you and your CB collection.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Cleaned up the F22A6.

Oil pan was clean as a whistle.

Halfshaft
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 02-02-2018, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied
    Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I like to see the modded ones and marvel at the extent to which folks will go with them, but for whatever reason, I prefer to keep them close to stock. There is a fair amount of time and effort involved just to keep the five I have at the moment in good running order. Now that things with my eye appear to have settled down, I'm starting to gather everything I need to install the A6.

I was out scouting places for future calendar shots; I was hoping to get a good clean reflection, but the pond was frozen. Went back later in the day, still frozen. I'd like to catch it after a very heavy rain to see if the pond is full all the way to the top.
    the pond filled to the top, perfectly still, with the trees in the back filled in with green

car is looking great as ever.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I like to see the modded ones and marvel at the extent to which folks will go with them, but for whatever reason, I prefer to keep them close to stock. There is a fair amount of time and effort involved just to keep the five I have at the moment in good running order. Now that things with my eye appear to have settled down, I'm starting to gather everything I need to install the A6.

I was out scouting places for future calendar shots; I was hoping to get a good clean reflection, but the pond was frozen. Went back later in the day, still frozen. I'd like to catch it after a very heavy rain to see if the pond is full all the way to the top.

Leave a comment:

• JFISHTHECREATOR
    replied
    I've always admired this car. It doesn't have to have all of the aftermarket parts to look clean. Good work!

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Still looks good two years after quarter panel replacement, now at 326,600+.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DCB7
    replied
    Looks freshly upholstered. That's clean work

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Finally got the other three panels done. I had to repair a couple small cuts in two of them; I used a vinyl repair kit's adhesive to glue down a small cut and used the vinyl to fill some small abrasions/cuts before spraying so I didn't have to worry about trying to match the color.

Just clean them well, spray with "Sand Free" adhesion promoter, then spray the first coat of color while the adhesion promoter is still wet. The first panel seemed to come out the best, I pretty much kept spraying until it was a uniform color, not leaving much time between coats. The later panels, I left a little more time between coats, but wound up with areas with a more matte finish than gloss like the first one.

I need to recover a passenger side speaker cover to match the driver side.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SEgirl
    replied
    Love how the door panel looks! How does this stuff work? Do you just spray it on?

Leave a comment:

• 1990AccordBoy
    replied
    i sold it in 09' as i only have one car garage and along with my mom n pop having cars each.. that would be 3 cars one small driveway, so i sold her to pretty much puta down payment on a 04' G35x in 09' as well. It was completely shot though both quarters, every door, i dont know what it was but i adored it minus the rust. Looking for another one just has to be an EX and rust free.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    If I had to buy another one, I would look in the south (Knoxville and Nashville, TN always seem to have some nice ones on craigslist - long day's round trip). I would avoid doing another full quarter panel replacement like I did on Ruby. That said, if you're carefull, all the existing trim can be removed without damaging it. I have some left over from the 93 EX coupe I wrecked a couple years ago.

Why would you sell one with only 91,000 miles on it?

Leave a comment:

• 1990AccordBoy
    replied
    this thing is so clean and your in ohio.. ugh you see that black 2 door ex in colombus area???!? 5spd 300k for 1500 or whatever it has my name calling it but im so afraid of buying it and having it rotted out. My shop would probably do a decent job at first but the rust would always come back to haunt me, and i wouldn't know where to get all the trim i'd need to pull off around quarter panel area.

Leave a comment:

• PakaloloHonda
    replied
    That's looking so nice! Came out GREAT in the after shot!
    I might be partial, because I LOVE the EDM interior red door lights,
    but they would look insane with that leather and color!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X