sonikaccord : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    I'm liking the reverse prelude seat mod. Make sure to write that DIY as well.
    Haha! I thought the same thing!

Looking good sonik! Good idea, replacing the old worn out foam. Just another thing to add to my "to do" list.
    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Wow.....can't wait to see it back together.
      My 90 coupe Mr thread....
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Repaired and upgraded my cordless ratchet. I love how IRs pneumatic stuff is a direct fit into the electric suffs. Now it's time to go to the yard and disassemble cars for no reason...well I have to get some sensors for the DCC too.

3/8" vs 1/2" anvil. The friction ball had no spring return so the sockets fell off all the time.

Old parts removed and cleaned. Ready for re-lube. Only the parts left of the anvil are used again.

Plastic fresh parts

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Never thought to document fixing my tools, but it is part of the process! I just broke a flat head screwdriver recently because I was too lazy to grab one of my pry bars... not much fixing to do there though.

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
            Never thought to document fixing my tools, but it is part of the process! I just broke a flat head screwdriver recently because I was too lazy to grab one of my pry bars... not much fixing to do there though.
            Yeah! I think it may inspire someone to hold on to what they have, or even maintain it a little better. Not that I'm a diva when it comes to tool maintenance, but I try to keep my things in decent shape.

Success!!! I have most of the parts that I need for the auto function of the DCC. Too bad I got one of the hardest working cashiers in the world at the register today. She went through everything and rung up all the parts. It ticked me off a bit but it's cool. I'm still under $200 for everything including the DCC unit. I'm still missing the Legend coolant temp sensor. It was no way that I was going to rip apart another dash today so hopefully I can find it on eBay.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194490

I'm following this DIY. I'll add pictures showing the location of the parts on the CL just in case anyone else wants to tackle it. Removal of the dash is not needed, luckily. I love lucifer1's solution to the heater valve...but it's not for me. I'm going to attempt a simpler workaround.

Edit: I forgot the fan. And apparently this resistor can be accessed from the glovebox area. I may have to make another trip tomorrow.
            Here's the Legend forum: http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...rol-g2-107662/
            Last edited by sonikaccord; 03-05-2016, 06:26 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

You can never tell who is going to be nit picky at the yards... Some will take your word and charge you for what you tell them you have and others will have you hold up the parts, spin them around and then start tagging on additional fees for sensors and brackets and stuff like that. As long as you got what you wanted for a price you felt was fair, it was worth it. I've walked away from a few items I felt were simply not worth as much as they were trying to charge me.

I recently bought trailing arms for a future bushing swap. Last time I tried to buy them, the guy at the window was trying to tack on charges for the bushings... that's three per side. I put them down and lucked out this time. No way I'm trying to press out bushings in the yard.

Comment

Well...ESP 3-point strut bar install was a fail. My chassis holes almost lined up and I used a bit too much persuasion and ended up stripping a stud. I will have to modify the bar a bit more...probably with a round file and elbow grease. I increased all the hole diameters 1/16" but the inside flanged nut on the driver's side is still a terrible fit.

I may replace all the top hat studs with gold grade 8 bolts. Mainly for aesthetics. The aluminum of the FFC top hat will contrast well will gold bolts and the gold strut bar.

The good news is that I did pick up my last sensors for the DCC. I also picked up some black TL rear seats and some Legend heated seat switches for the future. Rilas inspired me with the rear seats.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Sonik I hear you on the pain in the ass of the ESP 3 point bar. I had to enlarge 2 of my holes to get my bar on. One of them just slightly, the other was almost 1/2 of the stud. I used a dremel with the metal grinding rotozip type bit. Quicker than a file by hand. I just took a small bit at a time and refit it, over and over.

You should enjoy the TL rear seats they fit quite nicely into the sedans. You have to be willing to lose the fold down, but you have a ESP 4 point rear bar, so your trunk is pretty much gone already. You have to cut a few square holes into the body but no big deal. Also a nut-sert tool is helpful so you can bolt everything down.

Congrats on getting all the DCC parts and so quickly even. Now is the real fun part.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I'll have to order my 12v Dremel. I swore off battery powered tools a few years ago, but now that batteries are less sucky, I find myself detaching the cord. My IR tools have persuaded me that cordless is cool again. A lithium powered soldering iron would be nice, too!

Lunch break test fit. They aren't too far off dimensionally. A little bit of black carpet to fill the gaps and it would be perfect! Then I'll have to find the front seats. I'm attracted to the CL seats right now.

Lol trunk...I do want to fit a 21" sub back there just because I'll need something to keep up with my front stage. Speaking of front stage, I just got my mids in the mail. They will be revealed at a later date. I'll try to get some sound deadening next month. I've reached my spending limit for the month. I'll attempt to get these things installed in the next couple of weeks.

Goals for this month:
                    Remove old tar and scrub interior
                    Power wash bay and general engine bay tidying
                    Get an alignment
                    Install 3 pt strut bar
                    Install rear seats
                    Maybe install DCC
                    Last edited by sonikaccord; 03-08-2016, 09:26 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Fucking nice rebuild ! i like when the interior is tear apart xD !
                      My Ride Thread
                      The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
                      Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

Originally posted by DragonEye View Post
                        Fucking nice rebuild ! i like when the interior is tear apart xD !
                        Me too...just when others do it. It's a PITA, but must be done.

I attempted to clean my trunk...it didn't work to well but it's better than before.

I finally got the mids that I had my eyes on for a while.

I have to repolish my wheels due to laziness on my part. I kind of like that hazy look on the lip...I may rock that for a while. They really need a full refinishing.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

What mids are those?
                          My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

B&C 8ndl64

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I haven't gotten anything done. I need to make some more time. I did do a timing belt water pump job on the wife's Accord 6-6.

There is an H23A with an M2S4 (I think) down the street from me. It has a header, euro-R manifold, axles. For like 1k...he might take $800.

I've had the Lude up for sale for a few weeks, but only got non-serious inquiries. I would definitely use that money to buy the motor...I may part the car out.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Get it! That's a good flip

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Working...
                                X