No announcement yet.

af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the alignment specs from Blacktrax. The caster is dead even now, as is the toe. Man, was the toe whack before. The car feels real solid off the line from a dig at a stop light, but Wednesday's track visit will settle the score.

Also, I think most of you know this, but just ditch the metal hanger for the flex pipe to the block if you have the generic 4-2-1 design. This is the second one I've gone through and the exhaust is very stable without it. I'm hitting myself for buying this one from Majestic when the original one broke.

*** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Great, to see your build progress. I just passed smog this past Saturday so I have another 2 years till I need to de-tune.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
      MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Can't wait for Raceworz, Carlos. It is going to be a blast!

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Well, it was not a night that I expected to have at the races on July 13th, but it ended up going better than I could have ever hoped.

The temperature was high 80s for the entire day, and the track was quite dirty. I wanted to break into the 14's, but the best I could run was a 15.472 and 90 mph trap speeds. Once I got in my groove, the best I could manage was 15.5; not so good.
          However...

I won eliminations! 6 rounds of elimination win lights sure lightened my spirits. When we got down to the final three, a turbo Miata, a B18C EG Civic Hatch, and I had beaten out all the mustangs. I had never made it past the third round before, so this was a great day in the end.

If I get time before Raceworz in Sacramento on August 2nd, I am going to install longer wheel studs and get some Gorilla tuner lugs so I can run the drag radials without causing the officials to raise their eyebrows.

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Awesome job sir. Also just checked your youtube channel. No videos this time?

Did the f23 injectors end up working out for you?

Comment

Alright!! Good to see your still whoopin butt!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
                Awesome job sir. Also just checked your youtube channel. No videos this time?

Did the f23 injectors end up working out for you?
                Naw, no videos. 60' times were 2.26 to 2.4, quite depressing on video, and my wife was not there to video for me. If I had broken into the 14's I would have been hitting myself for not having a video, though. The big problem was traction for the FF cars, not necessarily wheel hop.

I haven't installed them yet, since the problem has not gotten any worse. I will once it does. I just want to be very thorough in my cleaning.

Can't wait to go back there in December to race with the crew, man!

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  Alright!! Good to see your still whoopin butt!
                  Well, at least I am consistent! Anyway, I am still upset about your CB.

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

It has been a while since I updated this, but I am still at this thing. I have been enjoying the car, and sharing the car with friends and family recently. Just this past Saturday, I let someone other than myself drive the car for the first time since 2011. It was really weird sitting in the passenger seat while the car was operated by someone else for sure.

Anyway, the car is up for a smog check as of August, and that is not going to happen due to the fuel rail and pressure regulator. Therefore, I non-oped the car AGAIN, but for real this time. I have yet to do a full pull with my wife in the car, so that will be happening this weekend. After that, I'm not looking back. The car will be pushed to the limit to get into the 14's early this upcoming season with the current motor and tune setup. That means the M/T street radials are going back on, the rear bumper is coming off, and the rear half of the exhaust is coming off. I'm hoping to reduce weight and cancel any bottleneck that the exhaust might be experiencing at the muffler. After that goal is reached, it is onto a high compression/increased bore build from the bottom up. I'll need a trailer from this point on, and my friend and I will be going in on one together. Now that I have the Pilot, I can pull a trailer!

NHRA officials complained too much the last time I had the Centerline Wheels on, because the mag lugs I was using were closed ended, so they couldn't verify the length of the studs. If you look at the picture above, you can sort-of see why they were bothered. To solve the problem for good, I ordered ARP 100-7711 wheel studs and Gorilla open-ended mag lugs. The studs should stick out of these even with the wheel spacers I need.

I also bought Gorilla acorn racing lugs for when I put my other wheels back on.

Last edited by af_1132; 11-14-2016, 08:36 PM.

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

This year, in the auto mechanics and racing elective I taught, we did a few things to the car to get it ready for the season, including installing the extended wheel studs I was telling you about in the previous post. The second set of lugs were for the street tires, but they were too wide, so I got these open ended lugs instead. I can use the same key I already have for their predecessors.

We also took the back half of the exhaust off and removed the rear bumper. This was obviously for weight reduction, and since I am not driving it around on the street anymore, I really don't care about the noise or the new rear end look.

It was really freaking loud, though, and resonated in the car at a deafening level at WOT, so I took it to a trusted exhaust shop to have them weld on a bend to send the exhaust to the ground. I was also worried about the fact that the current tip points right to the fuel tank.

A 90 degree bend to the ground helps out quite a bit!

The last thing I did was wire up a switch to activate the burnout rev limiter (overrides launch limiter) for S300. Thanks to the Hondata forums, I found out how to wire up the load wire to an available pin from the ECU. The D4 service connector switch worked really well. NEVER use D2, since it only gets a load while the breaks are switched on (found out the hard way).

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Wow can't wait to see how it dose.
                        My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Yes, me too. Thanks for visiting.

I have accepted the reality that the cam I ordered from Bisi was never sent to the grinder, just like some other people have gone thorough on this forum. I am most likely running a stock A6 cam with Bisi "pro" springs and a tune. Good grief, no wonder the power at the hubs was 130hp after the tune was finished two years ago. I would do better to have A6 springs right now. Anyway, I am going to continue to push for 14's on this ridiculous setup before the motor tear down begins.

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I wonder if Web Cams would disclose details on the number of camshafts they have reground for Bisi in certain months. It wouldn't be anything definitive, but it could help to make a case that he's not actually sending people what they're ordering.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

What a shame The whole Bisi camshaft and header thing still boils my blood to this day, he outta be ashamed of himself but he's probably indifferent to all that. He's got sooo much talent but it's really too bad how he treated people at the bottom. The reason I say bottom is because we have hondas and not porsches!!! Do you have any plans for another camshaft in the near future or just try to break 14's with the "Bisi" aka Isib Labs camshaft?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                                I wonder if Web Cams would disclose details on the number of camshafts they have reground for Bisi in certain months. It wouldn't be anything definitive, but it could help to make a case that he's not actually sending people what they're ordering.
                                I'm not sure they would be up for that. We have noticed issues for years, and there is no way Web is completely oblivious to this major problem. They would be absolved of all responsibility, however, if they never received any of these grind orders from Bisi. It truthfully is hard to say, as the relationship between the two companies is rather unclear to me. Are Bisi's orders treated like everyone else's orders, or have they struck a deal in the past due to high volumes or consistent orders?

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                                What a shame The whole Bisi camshaft and header thing still boils my blood to this day, he outta be ashamed of himself but he's probably indifferent to all that. He's got sooo much talent but it's really too bad how he treated people at the bottom. The reason I say bottom is because we have hondas and not porsches!!! Do you have any plans for another camshaft in the near future or just try to break 14's with the "Bisi" aka Isib Labs camshaft?
                                I am going to go for 14's on this current setup. I'll have my M/Ts on to improve 60' times way over the Kuhmo Extreme Streets. That should allow me to shave off .20 from the ET with overall good conditions.

After that goal is achieved, a full F22 all-motor build will follow: increase compression and bore (safely), port the exhaust ports, Delta 272 regrind, oversized valves from Wes and reseat service, 4-1 shorty exhaust like those built by H-Car Jorge in San Antonio, and OBX ITBs or the dual TB setup pioneered by djcaz_aom on here. This thing will flow properly next time!
                                Last edited by af_1132; 03-02-2017, 04:47 PM.

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
                                X