af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    You have to drill holes in the x-member regardless. I can take pics if you need them. you don't have to be cnc accurate either.
    This.

Regardless of trim level you have to drill out the rear cross-member to mount the sway-bar. All trailing-arms have the holes for the end-links...

Do it. Installing the Progress rear sway was the biggest and best/most noticeable upgrade to my suspension. You won't regret it.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Thanks, guys, for the information on the bar install and the toe kit.

Most noticeable upgrade to the suspension? More than going from no coilovers to coilovers? Dang...looks like I will be clicking "BUY" pretty soon!

http://progressauto.com/products/sfI.../productID/442
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Mid October Updates

First, I got reeeal tired of the Mugen lip scraping everywhere, so I went to Pick 'n Pull and found both a legend lip and plenty of EX lips in good condition. I put a nice EX lip on for now, so no more scraping!

Oh, I also got the proper Legend struts put on a little while ago, finally.

I also got the first batch of fall mods in the mail! I think I will really like these Maxxim 11 spoke wheels. I got a full set of Gorilla lug nuts with them.

I really want to get through to the Exedy clutch technicians to ask about which of their clutches is right for my guild, but they will NOT get back to me. So I may just go back to Clutchmasters and get the FX350. Maybe I should just get advice on here, since you guys are so prompt in your replies .

Here's the craziest part:

I've been talking to James at Syncrotech, and just ordered an M2Y4 build with M-Factory Helical LSD, Accord 5th, their performance carbon syncros, and the 4.266 final drive !
        Last edited by af_1132; 10-15-2014, 04:39 PM.

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Happy for u man. H plenum will look sex in there!
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Awesome, man!

Those wheels look great. I love the look of motorsport style wheels like those. Good choice.

So jealous of that trans order. Would you mind giving a ballpark quote as to the cost?

Comment

Just the rebuild with the LSD and synchros is 2495, 1800 with core. So the extra gear and FD, add another 500.

Congrats on the buy!
              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                Just the rebuild with the LSD and synchros is 2495, 1800 with core. So the extra gear and FD, add another 500.

Congrats on the buy!
                Ah. Wow. Gotta pay to play.

I'm sure it's gonna be incredible once done.

Comment

Actually, since James had an easy time getting an M2Y4 core, I got the entire package for $2473!

I learned a lot from him about M and T series Honda transmissions. M2A4's are quite outdated and difficult to secure parts for. M2B4's, have a different bolt pattern so only the OE LSD can be used (without some modifications I assume?), which is not helical. M2S4's and M2Y4's are rather easier to find and build, and they can be mated to the MF Helical LSD due to the more universal bolt pattern. T2W4's and the other Euro transmissions are great, but much harder to secure parts for due to their lack of US availability. Based on all this, I feel really that James took care of me. I always liked the 97-01 preludes anyway!

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                    Actually, since James had an easy time getting an M2Y4 core, I got the entire package for $2473!

I learned a lot from him about M and T series Honda transmissions. M2A4's are quite outdated and difficult to secure parts for. M2B4's, have a different bolt pattern so only the OE LSD can be used (without some modifications I assume?), which is not helical. M2S4's and M2Y4's are rather easier to find and build, and they can be mated to the MF Helical LSD due to the more universal bolt pattern. T2W4's and the other Euro transmissions are great, but much harder to secure parts for due to their lack of US availability. Based on all this, I feel really that James took care of me. I always liked the 97-01 preludes anyway!
                    Nice. Thanks for the info!

Comment

That's not bad at all. How much do the wheels weigh?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Thanks for the support, everyone!

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                        That's not bad at all. How much do the wheels weigh?
                        I wish I had a little bathroom scale in my house. A box of two of these wheels was noticeably lighter than the Progress bar box. I'll find a way to weigh one at school.

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

those wheels are sexy. looking great so far.
                          I think im going to get a set of ST's around tax time..much beefier front compared to stock and way beefier then the SE's stock rear. 27mm front - 20.6mm rear
                          http://www.stsuspensions.com/product...ar-set-22.html

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                            those wheels are sexy. looking great so far.
                            I think im going to get a set of ST's around tax time..much beefier front compared to stock and way beefier then the SE's stock rear. 27mm front - 20.6mm rear
                            http://www.stsuspensions.com/product...ar-set-22.html
                            It's interesting you bring those up! Geoff and Cygnus Performance (Fortune Auto's distributor) told me to look into these and highly recommended them. You can get both as a set or just the front and rear individually.

I need to compare weights as well.

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                              It's interesting you bring those up! Geoff and Cygnus Performance (Fortune Auto's distributor) told me to look into these and highly recommended them. You can get both as a set or just the front and rear individually.

I need to compare weights as well.
                              I had found them on Jegs for a song, with free shipping compared to directly from the manufacturer..plus theyre in stock most of the time Id definitely be getting the set, the stock front is weaksauce and the stock SE rear is concentrated weaksauce lol

ST's specs are as follows for the rear:
                              Weight & Measures
                              Weight: 30.00 lbs must be solid spring steel
                              Length: 47.13"
                              Width: 21.50"
                              Height: 4.88"

front is also 30lbs. seems pretty heavy, the stock front tube is like a whole 8 pounds if that

Comment

60 pounds of anti-roll...it better feel like a shopping cart on rails. I've heard that the front sway should be pretty compliant to allow for more oversteer.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X