No announcement yet.

af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That hose is stubborn, especially if it's never been move. I think I ended up cutting mines.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yep! I did that last night. I know I'll need those kind of needle nose later on for something else, so I'm going to pick up a set.

I got some recommendations from Exedy, finally. I'm going with their stage 2 4 puck cerametallic clutch and an ACT 12.6lb "streetlite".
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
        I have one and I love it. Especially because of it's compact design. But your right, don't expect this to loosen an axle nut. I've used it on rusty exhaust bolts, diff ring bolts, flywheel bolts, transmission bolts and lug nuts. But there have been a couple times when it couldn't do the lug nuts.
        Weird rite.. can't take off lug nuts but fly bolts come rite off. Because of me takin off fw bolts my friend went and bought the same 1. I agree its compact! My good year was a lot bigger.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Oi!

Gotta break something during this build, I guess .

Would I just be able to solder that back together?

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Nice!! If you can reach the terminal or find one with some slack to solder to. It'll be fine.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I always get suspicious that i missed something when a job goes too smoothly.

Comment

Progress made through last night. Only things wrong right now are the broken ECT switch (just going to pnp to cut another one), and the presence of two small black bolts that I didn't keep track of. Everything else is going smoothly.

My little Honda bible by my side:

Look at all that nastiness in there!

Head is coming out to go to the machine shop, then tranny, clutch, and flywheel timing/balancer belt + tensioners are being swapped out.

I also got MADDDDD HOOKED UP for my ECU! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
                Last edited by af_1132; 11-07-2014, 05:48 PM.

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Why not share the video with the rest of the kids?

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                    Why not share the video with the rest of the kids?
                    Are you talking about sharing it in the beginner's section, or are you talking about sharing it with my students? I think cb7dd could find it useful, if I want to argue that he go with bolt ons to his engine rather than a swap that gains little.

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

OH what a day.

I got that very impact gun you suggested, tishock. Man, lugs will be so easy at the track now, stoked!

I got stopped Friday night by the stupid devil that is a timing belt adjustment bolt. Mine was stripped already, and all me and my friend tried to do to break it loose made things worse. I ended up setting it to TDC, then just slid the belt off.

I moved to the transmission, and that little crapper called a left right front axle nut had the devil in it as well. I had no luck at all trying to get it loose with the impact, so we went and rented a breaker bar and promptly BROKE that 1/2" driver right off. Soooo after paying for that, I went and got air tools: a 100 psi compressor and the Craftsman twin hammer 580ft-lbs 90 psi air gun. FINALLY, after 30 minutes of hammering, the nut came loose. Once you go air, you never go back. Then on to the head bolts, which are so stinking locked in there that I wish I had gotten the 720 ft-lbs gun. Oh well, tomorrow's a new day.

Good news, though, I have enough on the credit line to get the S300, so my ECU hookup is going to get what he needs! Boooom!

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Sounds like tons of fun! But you will be able to look back at this and laugh one day.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Head is out!

Stupid me, not reading up enough and using impacts on the head bolts .
                          It was a sinch to get those out with a 14mm deep impact socket and a 1/2" drive 24" breaker bar.
                          You can see why I want new valves.

Got TDC pretty much spot on, which is good. Now, is that most likely burnt oil on the pistons? It's hard as rock, which makes sense. Is there a point to clean them off?

Also, a little oil got in the jackets, so I gotta get that out.

It's off to the machine shop today!

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Updates

I got the head back from the machine shop. All new Bisi valves and new guides, Bisi pro springs, Bisi level 2 cam from Honda, all new seals, and super clean finish! I'm super happy with this shop and will be going back to them for block upgrades when the time is right!

I almost have all the parts I need, and now all I need to get is a good wideband O2 and AFR gauge. When the ECU is done, then I have everything besides a good tune.

Kuhmo Ecsta XS 205/50R15

I originally wanted this all done by November 30th for the last drag event of the season, but it's just not going to happen in a reliable fashion. I have to learn from previous lessons and slow down. It will all be ready by the test and tune event in January.
                            Last edited by af_1132; 11-17-2014, 04:52 PM.

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I really do admire your ambition that is on display via your interactions with us on this site. You set out with very lofty goals in the beginning and most probably passed you off as a dreamer. When I saw 9s as your goal, I know I did. But that doesn't matter anymore. You didn't let the impracticality of your original goal stop you. You decided to set out for going quicker whatever that end result ultimately became. You've poured quite a bit into this hobby and have inspired many on this forum to consider the same. I say that because I'm one of them. I've never really cared what my FWD Honda could do in a 1/4-mile, but now I'm looking into race event in my area. When my CL is done I think I'll take it and my Accord out there to see what they can do. Establish a baseline and go from there. I can think of a lot less fun ways to spend $20 on a Friday night than a strip fee.

On an unrelated note; I work for Granite Construction that's based out of Watsonville. They keep telling me that I'll be sent to the corporate office eventually for training. If I ever go, is there anything I should do in town, or does the rest of the Bay Area provide enough entertainment to warrant no spending much time in Watsonville?

Keep it up!
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Hear Hear!

Comment

Working...
                                X