No announcement yet.

HenRoc: 1992 Accord EX Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As soon as I got the motor home, I got to work. Put it up on an engine stand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7dmscy.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	4983816

Since I had ordered a lot of maintenance parts I was able to tear into it rather quickly

Name:	WK1T9H.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	4983817

In the meantime, since Rywire was no longer making OBD1 VTEC subharnesses, I ended up ordering an OBD0 one and re-purposing it for my setup..not picture is a custom distributor harness they made for me since my stock harness
    was too short to reach the distributor.

Name:	jaWPiq.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	4983818

Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Also I had grabbed a P28 one day while I was at local yard. It was an 1995 Civic EX sedan with a p28..considering no one grabbed it right away I snagged it. In June '21 I sent it off to phearable for the HondataS300 install.

Name:	ZYbpIM.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	4983820

Also picked up a set of Spoon Rigid collars and yes, you can definitely tell a difference.

Name:	4onU9G.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	4983821

Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Fast forward to July and progress was being made, weeknights were limited but weekends I was trying go at my own pace. I kept the stock transmission with the H23 for now. All stock Exedy clutch kit was mated beforehand.

Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        Legend FSM

Comment

Finally in August, the swap was finally in the car...not done completely though as I still had some loose ends to tie up

Also the day it was finally in also marked exactly 10 years prior where I had done an H22A swap in my first and only coupe:

Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          Legend FSM

Comment

So in September '21 the swap was done and running. It was still on a base tune so it was running a little rough but I was content. It was enough that it would give me some down time until the following spring.

Fast forward to April '22 , I had been gifted a set of TL-S waffles from a good friend who was moving and didnt have room for these wheels. So they were given to me as a gift. Sent them to a local powdercoater and a week later I had them on the car with Continental Extreme DWS06s in a 225/45/17 size

What a world of difference. In terms of looks and handling.

Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            Legend FSM

Comment

As of now i have a few parts that need to be installed:

Exhaust system an Apexi WS2 with a JG Fab 4-2-1 manifold

Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              Legend FSM

Comment

Love the wagon Boss. Looks great
                I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                My coupe!!!
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Love the exhaust choice Henry. I always loved how the WS2 sounded on these cars.

Comment

Thanks Mike!

Unfortunately I may have spun a bearing on one of the connecting rods heading home from work one night. Been trying to set sometime aside to drop the pan and inspect each of them for visible wear. I was heading home one night and decided to open it up on the highway, reached the limit on 5th gear and boom spun bearing. I contemplated buying another H23A but the costs associated with it was way too much.

A motor that at one point was worth $900 not even ten years ago is now worth $2,400 shipped to my door. Going to see if I can just do a simple replace. I'm really contemplating going the K24 route since those are now cheaper than an H22 or an H23A swap. Only visible downside is I'd loose all the factory stuff like air conditioning and cruise control but the aftermarket support for the K platform is so endless now.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    Legend FSM

Comment

Working...
                    X