Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
    nah. But ill take donations.
    nah, other way around ill take donations.

Comment

i was browsing through mrt's, i bout cried when i saw your sig so i had to check it out. im glad you're bringing it back to life, it's the right thing to do.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Thanks man, I'm glad I'm working on her again.

John, rebuild it!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Just a short update:

Rotating assembly has been assembled. Clearances check out on the rod and main bearings, just a little on the looser end (.0017-.0020). Arias recommended so big ring gaps, but I don't mind some blow by since this motor wont see many commuting miles. This is my first complete motor build; hope nothing falls out

The head is at the machine shop currently, getting a resurface and lapping some of the valves. I found 4 that were leaking during a liquid test.

Headgasket has been ordered from Bisimoto. I was going to try cometic, but apparently they only offer a copper version. The block is now step decked to try and promote sealing and I hear copper is a bad idea on that. A normal MLS it is, bored to 87mm.

Ordering a new catch can with a larger filter now. Deleting the PCV from the valve cover and will route it to the catch can as well. I also need to find a smaller battery and move it back up front somewhere, possibly in front of the wheel well. I'm debating on running watercoolant (Evans) to see if that helps with any spikes in temperature or if there are any hot spots on the head. And I'm still deciding if I should make it all-drag and dump the exhaust out the hood or fender

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq

Comment

Nice man look at the odyssey battery. I am prob going that route. Also makin my car just track will eventually dump out the hood. Can't wait to see your numbers.
            MadLab Racing
            Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord View Post
              Maybe I should make a come back also, I still have most of the turbo parts lol
              I bought 2-3 of ur main components. xD
              Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
              Originally posted by deevergote
              den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
              Originally posted by deevergote
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Ordered the final parts to get this thing fired up:

fast-turbo fuel line kit
                Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump
                Allstar Performance Battery tray (moving the battery back to the front of the car)

Motor/trans are back in the car now, I just need to install the rest of the parts

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                  Ordered the final parts to get this thing fired up:

fast-turbo fuel line kit
                  Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump
                  Allstar Performance Battery tray (moving the battery back to the front of the car)

Motor/trans are back in the car now, I just need to install the rest of the parts
                  Giggity! That is all.
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Just a short update:

Yeah buddy!!! this is the car I have my most attention too at this moment! This thing is just sick! Im really looking forward for you to have a great time at the track, and kill some records! CB7's represent!
                    The exhaust dumping out the side would be killer!
                    Ever though about a E-exhaust cutout? there convenient if you still drive her on the streets

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                    MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
                    11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Glad to see we both inspire each other and keep us in the CB game

I thought about the side exit, but now I'm mounting the battery on the passenger side behind the bumper - keep it up front to avoid needing a battery cutoff switch, help keep weight over the front right tire to offset my weight a little, and it will be tucked out of sight. That means I'm left with either a hood exit exhaust (still not sure if I'm going to street this thing, but that wont help sell the car as a street car.) I could just keep the exhaust as is since its a 3" KTeller

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq

Comment

Almost ready to fire up

I need to drain the gas tank and install the fuel pump still

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq

Comment

Fired her up tonight and she runs

needs a valve adjustment and timing set still but its a good feeling to fire it up after so long
                          Last edited by Boost_Lee; 05-05-2013, 03:38 PM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq

Comment

Fired her up tonight and she runs

needs a valve adjustment and timing set still but its a good feeling to fire it up after so long
                            It's been a hell of a build bro. Congrats on the fire up. That feeling is priceless.
                            Last edited by Boost_Lee; 05-05-2013, 03:38 PM.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                            MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

looking good Lee,how do you like the synapse bov?
                              any turbo surge issues

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                                It's been a hell of a build bro. Congrats on the fire up. That feeling is priceless.
                                Thanks man, sure is

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
                                looking good Lee,how do you like the synapse bov?
                                any turbo surge issues
                                Thanks Phil. No surge issues at all with this BOV that I know of. I've been through a few BOV's and I like this one best so far. The only mod it needed was a larger set screw to hold it to the flange. The only other BOV I'd like to try is Tial.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                                11.68 @ 127mph
                                417whp/375wtq

Comment

Working...
                                X