NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

lol thanks dude!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Well lee I am gonna need some help with a parts list. lol! I am boosting the single instead of swapping after all. But I need a different BOV so they don't tink I am copying you. Turbo X/S maybe. Whaa Powww!

Is it better to boost a vtec motor or non-vtec. Just want to know before I peice a motor together.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
        PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Its a preference.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX
            Well lee I am gonna need some help with a parts list. lol! I am boosting the single instead of swapping after all. But I need a different BOV so they don't tink I am copying you. Turbo X/S maybe. Whaa Powww!

Is it better to boost a vtec motor or non-vtec. Just want to know before I peice a motor together.
            lee so much stuff like this from ppl, as does everyone who boosts lol... it's cool but help him/his thread/yourself and post a 'my build..' thread in boost tech section you'll get plenty of help!!!

So yeah I still need a good ride in this thing, like more than 300ft between parking lots!! hah ...
            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I know that...... just thought since he lives here in S.A. he could tell me a few shops as to where to find some of the odd end stuff. He let me know at the meet that millers machine shop is my best bet to get the head worked on so thats a start for me.

He does have a sick car.... I have yet to see the monstrocity but thing looks sick with the wire tuck. Makes the motor look like it has no wiring at all. I think I just want his car overall.
              Last edited by JDM_CB7_TX; 05-26-2008, 09:23 PM.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

Ill build your motor with my gorilla hands.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Get on down here then Gorilla MAn

I have been looking around at may turbo'd cars today since they took away my gaming at work . So I am definatly going to boost. Now my only dilema ia a 14b or a Big 16G.

BTW.....Lee thanks for the heads up man I talked to those guys at millers. They said they would be more then happy to help with the head. The are going to open both the exhaust and intake ports.

I think I am gonna have them do a 3 angle valve job.

Pics of the BOV and Intercooler will be posted very soon. Got em' this past weekend.
                  Last edited by JDM_CB7_TX; 05-26-2008, 10:16 PM.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

16g. Its better in the end if you want to up the boost for more power. Thats what I would opt for. The 14b is good if you dont plan to upgrade for quite a while but I would get the 16 just because you can push more if you want to. And when the boost bug bites it bites hard.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Eric, if you want to start off on a 14b thats no biggie, just dont expect to grow very much with it. lil fucker gets hott

and if you want a HKS BOV...I could sell mine for the right price, lol, i want a new one
                      Last edited by Boost_Lee; 05-27-2008, 02:51 AM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                        16g. Its better in the end if you want to up the boost for more power. Thats what I would opt for. The 14b is good if you dont plan to upgrade for quite a while but I would get the 16 just because you can push more if you want to. And when the boost bug bites it bites hard.
                        X2, if you look at most DSM users, (inc myself) you will see that most of them started with the 14B and have upgraded to the 16G.

It's more suitable and efficient for the F22. Plus as I and many others have said "It really is nice to be able to get around town w/o coming into boost every gear" Though when first introduced to boost this may sound fun and what you want, I gurantee you within 1000miles you will be saying "I want more, Gimme a 16G, why did I waste my $ on a 14B"
                        In saying that, the 14B is a good starting point if you intend to do the tuning yourself.

Lol I better put in a comment for you Lee I decided to go with solid mild steel 20mm diameter for the radius rods - I couldn't find anyone that could supply the required aluminium. Thanks for the info though, appreciate it

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

not a problem man! anytime

even with the 16g, I had some issues stayin out of boost lol

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq

Comment

Thanks man.
                            Lol don't we all have trouble staying out of boost hahaha

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Yay for UPS

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq

Comment

and yay for machine shops

told you it was a light port

and for shits...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                                11.68 @ 127mph