No announcement yet.

TypeG : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with every cb7 ive seen in person and online over the last 5 years, i dont think ive seen any DD cars as clean as yours... its clean beyond even "brand new" clean.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I find it funny that even in your sig, the garage floor is so clean...

oh yea, i'm loving the cb7
      Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
      Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
        With the cleanliness, polishedness, and time put into this car, I had no choice but to vote it a 5.

Definitely THE cleanest car on the site and has been since I have been here I think.
        thanks man, i really appreciate it.

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
        how much are those rubber hood hinge things?
        they run about $15 a side.

Originally posted by kmart64
        I find it funny that even in your sig, the garage floor is so clean...

oh yea, i'm loving the cb7
        Originally posted by cp[mike
        ] with every cb7 ive seen in person and online over the last 5 years, i dont think ive seen any DD cars as clean as yours... its clean beyond even "brand new" clean.
        Originally posted by jhondayaaj
        DAMN!that car is fuckin clean. i'm lovin it. keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!
        thanks for the kind words.

i'm trying something now that i've only seen on hot rods and supra's. i'm pretty sure that it is going to look sickkkkkkkk. i hope to not run into any problem with engine movement that would cause leaks....that is my only concern, but i should be fine. (hint: stainless steel pipes). later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
          i'm trying something now that i've only seen on hot rods and supra's. i'm pretty sure that it is going to look sickkkkkkkk. i hope to not run into any problem with engine movement that would cause leaks....that is my only concern, but i should be fine. (hint: stainless steel pipes). later.
          OoOoOoOoooo That sounds nice Imagine if the police were to ever pull you over and tell you to open the hood. I'm sure they'd be speechless

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
            OoOoOoOoooo That sounds nice Imagine if the police were to ever pull you over and tell you to open the hood. I'm sure they'd be speechless
            or ask where the drugs at
            ]

Comment

put a new driver's door seal on. it wasn't leaking, but had some tears in it:

i also got some new rubber hood hinge covers. the old ones are really worn looking next to the new ones:

later.

I hope i dont sound dumb for saying this but I cant see where those rubbers go. When i had my cb I never changed anything like that before so im..
              Last edited by TypeG; 01-13-2010, 02:11 AM.
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Two questions:
                -Did you ever finish polishing that IM?
                -Have you ever brought this car to a dealership or something with it all polished up like that? what did they say? haha

Comment

Originally posted by MyCord
                  Two questions:
                  -Have you ever brought this car to a dealership or something with it all polished up like that? what did they say? haha

yeah dude, you should call them and ask them if they detail cars, then bring it in perfectly polished lol.
                  ]

Comment

looks amazing, Brian! those fogs are really nice.

which dealer do you work at?

Comment

Originally posted by MyCord
                      Two questions:

- no, i haven't. i've been working on to many little things.

-man, people ask me weird questions about it. they ask things like, ''what chemical did you put on the motor to make it shiny like that''? or ''is that a brand new engine....i guess that's why it's so shiny'' and ''how much did all that cost''?. i'm always fascinated by the things non-car enthusiast say and think about things like that.

keith- thanks. and i work at the one near me. later.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                        I hope i dont sound dumb for saying this but I cant see where those rubbers go. When i had my cb I never changed anything like that before so im..
                        one is a door seal and the others go where the hood pivots. they cover up the hinges. later.

Comment

You could use polished wheels and then your set.

That is crazy how long did that take?
                          No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

they started off as clear corners with reflectors. i split them in half and painted the clear piece inside with krylon stained glass paint. later.
                            were the corners sealed with the same easily seperable gooey adhesive that the headlights are glued with? ie: did you just have to heat them to get them apart? mine seem to be glued with a somewhat more resilient (and not at all prone to heat-induced softening) glue or epoxy. i haven't had time to play around with dremeling them open, so i was going to give up and just spray the whole outside amber, but i thought you might have some insight before i go and do that.

thanks g

-blame
                            MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
                            i pulled over and looked under the hood.
                            the engine was still there...
                            ...silly light!

Comment

some have said that the corner lens and corner housing are fused together by heat....more specifically, that they are melted together.

others say that they use a sealant that is simailar to super glue.

it's for certain not the same glue used in headlights.

some also say that heating them helps, but only to a certain degree.

i just used a flathead screwdriver and made several passes around the perimeter, steadily and gently prying it to weaken the bond. you have to resist putting muscle into so you don't break it. when it gets to a certain piont, it pops open. later.

Comment

hey, thanks a lot, i guess i'll see what i can muster up in the "gentleness" department. it's obvious by all the extensive polishing etc that you have the patience to spend hours on one little detail. i miss my many old pairs of one-pieces that were that easy goo :P

thanks again,

-blame
                                MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
                                i pulled over and looked under the hood.
                                the engine was still there...
                                ...silly light!

Comment

Working...
                                X