No announcement yet.

NJAccord93: 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for some new pics of blacked out / yellow high beam hadlights on page one!

Stage one of face lift for the ride, giving her a new look.

1993 Honda Accord SE -
    Check out my ride!
    Sportin' the Cb7 Sticker

Comment

hmmm great pics bill... haha j/k. the black housing looks really good. cant wait for you to get that new lip and put those bad boys in.

Comment

Haha thanks man. Ya i got teh goodz pictor skillz...Well id be ok if i had a better camera. Deff thnk im buying a new one when i get that job. Going monday for orientation so im pretty much in.

Ya i want a new lip real bad...Gonna put that on, amber bumper lights, amber corners, headlights, and should have those other things i was telling you about the other night, to help bring back the SE feel...I </3 seat covers...

1993 Honda Accord SE -
        Check out my ride!
        Sportin' the Cb7 Sticker

Comment

Bad news in the accord world...early last week my motor decided it wanted to die...245xxx miles on her, she did her job well. I came this close to selling her, or parting her out on here too...I was actually looking at a 1990 Acura Integra that i was just about ready to buy when it hit me...i love my accord. I have decided to bring her back to life! This should be taking place sometime this week i thnk, already found a motor in a wrecked accord. Ill keep you guys posted, wish me luck...

1993 Honda Accord SE -
          Check out my ride!
          Sportin' the Cb7 Sticker

Comment

You must learn the ancient art of waxing your vehicle to protect from salt rust.
            And get an F22B1 so you'll at least have VTEC and a good engine for boost.
            my $0.02.
            (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
            Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
            My (old) Ride

Comment

damn i know ive checked your ride out b4! She is super clean...damn i love Se's!! You gotta bring her back man!! It was looking hella tight...the lip..the lights(im a fan of the projectors altough the OEM blackhoused with yellow and amber corners is hot) thats what im trying to figure out now is whether i want the 1 peice or 2 peice lamps...well i agree with spartan get urself a strong b1 and boost that beeetch!

lates.

Comment

Ya im in the middle of engine shopping right now. Ive got two deals im working on right now. One is a F22 with about 60k and vtech on her, but the problem with that is the kid only wants to sell the engine and trans, which is 5 spd and i dunno if i really wanna swap...The other is about 100k on it, auto trans, non vtech and its also very reasonably priced. I wanna try to get the vtech motor and use the auto trans from the other kid, and do the neccesary adjustments to get it all hooked up. If that doesnt work out, ill just go with the 100k motor and auto trans and be happy with the fact that i bought my SE back to life...Ill keep you guys posted.

1993 Honda Accord SE -
                Check out my ride!
                Sportin' the Cb7 Sticker

Comment

BUMP for good news.

Got my car all ready and prepped for the swap and had the other car delivered today for the engine donation lol. Im thinking about taking some other parts off the other car too so if i can, maybe ill part some of it out. Itll all get taken care of as soon as me and the other kid doing it get more free time. Estimated date of completion, Friday June 30th. And once shes back beneath my foot where she belongs, ill start the face lift with the new parts ive got. Later guys!

1993 Honda Accord SE -
                  Check out my ride!
                  Sportin' the Cb7 Sticker

Comment

good to hear bill!! let us know how it goes..

Comment

Well for those of you who dont know, she is finally back on the road again! The new motor is a F22a1 with just over 100k miles on it which isnt bad since im coming from a 245k SE motor which was just getting old and tired...

I may get a pic or two posted of the motor when i get some more free time but its really nothing special, she could use a good cleaning and maybe a re-paint on the valve cover.

Also my brother just recently picked up a new camera, the Cannon Rebel i think it is, not the digital version unfortunatly so ill have to get the pictures developed and put onto a CD to make for easier posting. I actually took a few of my car the first day he got it, so ill have to wait and see how they turned out. Hes got a few lenses for it as well which are pretty sweet. Hes got some killer zoom lense, the stock one, and this other one that i think is a very simple wide angle. Ill post up the pics as soon as i get them, later guys.

1993 Honda Accord SE -
                      Check out my ride!
                      Sportin' the Cb7 Sticker

Comment

nice car man

BTW the broken "mugen" lip is acctually a broken spoon style lip

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                          BTW the broken "mugen" lip is acctually a broken spoon style lip
                          Sorry to disagree but i do. I know mine isnt a legit, japan imported mugen lip but i know its not spoon either. Its the mugen style lip.

The Mugen Lip or Mugen Style Lip is a slightly taller lip, height wise. It also has smaller openings/vents, which ever you prefer on the front. On top of that, the bottom of the mugen is equiped with slight pertrusions on either end. Pic Below.

The Spoon Lip or style lip is much more straight forward. Persoanly i think it looks better on the EG's but thats my opinion. The vents on the front are bigger and the shape is much more simple with less curves and fancy stuff.

The shape and designs are similar, and yes i would prolly rock either of them on my car but the one that still, yes still, remains on my car broken lol is the mugen style.

1993 Honda Accord SE -
                          Check out my ride!
                          Sportin' the Cb7 Sticker

Comment

spoon stlye lips somtimes look like the picture you showed but, somtimes the they has pieses that cut up at the end....look at the lip in on of your pix on the first page then look at the spoon lip u just posted (the cf one) youll see it looks more like it than the mugen lip the only diffence is it doesn have the cut ups at the end

even check out the
                            ultimate lip FAQ

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Ya understand what you mean, since theyre all "styles" they very from maker to maker. But like i said, even tho it resembles certain spoon styles, it is a mugen style. And besides, sinces shes all busted up anyway so i get to replace her with a new one soon. Still debating which i wanna go with this time...

1993 Honda Accord SE -
                              Check out my ride!
                              Sportin' the Cb7 Sticker

Comment

Love the SEs man. Glad you got her back on the road. 245k, not bad! Especially for the rough winters you have over there.

Did you get the blackhoused lights in yet?
                                "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X