X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    This is turning out to be so damn awesome. The hood pins look like they turned out great and the grille really finishes it off well. The steering wheel is a cool addition and even better that your wife got it for you. I've always like the way those civic wheels look on our cars. Two thumbs up dude.
    Thanks Mike greatly appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    This is turning out to be so damn awesome. The hood pins look like they turned out great and the grille really finishes it off well. The steering wheel is a cool addition and even better that your wife got it for you. I've always like the way those civic wheels look on our cars. Two thumbs up dude.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Got some more goodies in the mail this week:

TurboSmart Mechanical Boost gauge:

Boost Labs V band Flange and adaptor for borg warner turbo to downpipe:

Then finally got the head back from the machine shop, looks great and am happy with the price and work that was done:

I didn't waste time and got the head installed on the block and the valvetrain and the delta camshaft installed (Bisimoto Pro springs look great):

I'm happy to finally see this coming together, but the money pot is running low again, so this build will slow down unfortunately. I will be receiving more parts this week and will update with more pics and info as it moves forward.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 02-05-2018, 11:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
    Damn that’s nice. I might have to duplicate your bottom end applications. I’ll hit you up later today on more info.
    Sounds good Mark. Happy to share my set-up and my learnings on the way.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-29-2018, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NH-503P-3
    replied
    Negative, the pistons are wiesco, Bisimoto h-beam rods, arp rod bolts, acl bearings, KS tuned balance shaft elimination kit, rebuilt OEM pump, micropolished crankshaft. Most of the first page is up to date. Except the head components.
    Damn that’s nice. I might have to duplicate your bottom end applications. I’ll hit you up later today on more info.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
    Hey Nick are those the stock internals in that f22a block?
    Negative, the pistons are wiesco, Bisimoto h-beam rods, arp rod bolts, acl bearings, KS tuned balance shaft elimination kit, rebuilt OEM pump, micropolished crankshaft. Most of the first page is up to date. Except the head components.

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
    Things are looking great Nick! Can't wait to see this engine back together and hauling the Accord around.
    Thanks Will, I’m starting to get that Christmas Eve feeling.
    Originally posted by Bunta View Post
    Have you fixed the coolant leak issue yet? I had the same issue in the exact same area and it turned out the valve itself had developed a crack, just a heads up if you get the proper hose and still have issues.
    Yes, first it was a small rip in the hose and then it was the clamp was not fully seated. I thought about the valve so I turned the heat knob to cool to see if it stopped it and it didn’t.

Leave a comment:

• Bunta
    replied
    Have you fixed the coolant leak issue yet? I had the same issue in the exact same area and it turned out the valve itself had developed a crack, just a heads up if you get the proper hose and still have issues.

Leave a comment:

• Rilas
    replied
    Things are looking great Nick! Can't wait to see this engine back together and hauling the Accord around.

Leave a comment:

• NH-503P-3
    replied
    Hey Nick are those the stock internals in that f22a block?

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    Nice purchase! Those injectors are the newest revision of the Bosch EV14 format and are supposed to be a lot more stable than the outgoing ID1000s, which were already renowned for how good they were.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Pieces of the Puzzle are slowly coming together, on Saturday, I received two packages:

First was from Will(Rilas):
    Lower timing gear for the f22a (Thanks Will!)

Second one was from Phearable.net, John gave me a great deal on Injectors, Omnipower 4bar map sensor, and Hondata s300 with Vtec and boost control added:

Injector Dynamics 1050x: I guess now I have to bypass the resistor since these are high impedance:

Also removed the f22b head since I decided to go back to SOHC, hopefully be picking up the head tomorrow and I'll put the valvetrain back in along with the 272 cam:
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-29-2018, 12:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
    I love that steering wheel
    Thanks man! Gotta love Amazon

So got the camshaft back the other day. They did a great job packaging it.

Here are the valve adjustment specs that Delta recommends in case anyone needed this info:

I then decided to stop putting off installing my carbon fiber hood, specifically because I didn't want to cut holes in the hood for the hood latches. But I finally mustered up the courage and did it. And let me tell you this is more nerve racking then starting a car for the first time after swapping a motor in it. One slip and I could have put a cut down the whole hood.

Hood Pins unlocked and unlatched:

Hood Pins installed and locked:

While I was up there I went ahead and installed my Carbon Fiber G-Square style grill. I need to get the G-Square Eyelids repainted and then those will be reinstalled as well. Don't mind the dust on the front bumper, or pretty much everywhere. I need to give the car a good bath.

Not only do these ensure that the hood doesn't come flying up and smashing into my windshield, but also make it more difficult for thieves to gain access to the engine bay.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-20-2018, 12:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wtfisafleek
    replied
    I love that steering wheel

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    Good taste in turbos and in Texas vodka!
    This will be my first experience with Borg Warner, but for the price and the fact that it is a stock turbo with reliability, is what made me give it a shot. My only issue is I will be running it as a single scroll set up until I find a reputable shop that will build me a twin scroll, twin wastegate manifold for a decent price. So I won’t have that fast spool time.

As for the vodka, I am not a vodka drinker, my poison is whiskey. But I do love Tito’s and I never get a hangover from it. I can’t afford to spend 2 days recovering if I decide to go back to my college days of raging.

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    Good taste in turbos and in Texas vodka!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X