No announcement yet.

laz93se : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you running a 50/50 coolant water mix? Maybe try running 30/70 mix or even 20/80 during the summer. I don't imagine it ever gets very cold in Miami that it would require you to have to go back to 50/50. More water in the system will help it transfer heat better than antifreeze.

Its a shame that sensor is angled that way. You may have been able to add a second smaller puller fan to supplement your cooling.
    Last edited by Tishock; 09-25-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
      Are you running a 50/50 coolant water mix? Maybe try running 30/70 mix or even 20/80 during the summer. I don't imagine it ever gets very cold in Miami that it would require you to have to go back to 50/50. More water in the system will help it transfer heat better than antifreeze.
      I was closer to 20/80 which did help. I will try distilled water and water wetter when I get the new radiator. Might have to go with a smaller down pipe 2.75 or even 2.5, so I can fit the fan. I really don't want to but I my not have a choice.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
        Also ordered some hood spacers to try and evacuated engine heat soak.

Yeah, that or getting a vented hood or maybe modifying your current hood like the s2k guys did back in the day. I guess the hot side of that snail is cooking your rad. Like my FD, 13bTT run hotter than the sun, so one of very first things that is considered a "must have" is a vented hood.

Last edited by Tishock; 09-30-2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that or getting a vented hood or maybe modifying your current hood like the s2k guys did back in the day. I guess the hot side of that snail is cooking your rad. Like my FD, 13bTT run hotter than the sun, so one of very first things that is considered a "must have" is a vented hood.

Well I installed the 2 row koyo and made the fan a puller again. I then idled the car for 15 min till it was warmed up, then drove around the city for 30 mins in stop and go traffic. Temperature reached 212f when I made it home, I don't know if I should throw the thermostat back on and see if that helps. Also going to check for air In the coolant again, we shall see.

I really don't want to cut up the hood. I still have to try rafs idea of redirecting the air with a piece of sheet metal.

Comment

I see the heat came back today with a vengeance, and from what I heard the thermostat is not needed down here, the car warms up fast enough. It only blocks coolant to the engine for a while. I would say just block that space first too, so all the air goes through the radiator.

I like your build man

Comment

What was Benson's turn round time for your block?

Also when are you going to update your MRTs first page?

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                I see the heat came back today with a vengeance, and from what I heard the thermostat is not needed down here, the car warms up fast enough. It only blocks coolant to the engine for a while. I would say just block that space first too, so all the air goes through the radiator.

I like your build man
                Yea I really don't think the thermostat would fix this issue, I think the fan is just not strong enough.

Thanks man.

Comment

What was Benson's turn round time for your block?

Also when are you going to update your MRTs first page?
                  The block was built by kstuned, and it took 6 months to get it back. I don't know how long benson took to ship them the block when it was done.

Yea sorry about the updates on the mr page , I have to take some time and do it soon.

Comment

Are you using a filter on your turbo? Any specs for HP yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      Are you using a filter on your turbo? Any specs for HP yet ?
                      For now I am using a mesh screen for the turbo. Sorry, no numbers yet on whp. I have to solve this cooling issue before it gets tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
                        For now I am using a mesh screen for the turbo. Sorry, no numbers yet on whp. I have to solve this cooling issue before it gets tuned.
                        I tried the mesh screen too but dirt still gets in. After a month of driving you can rub your finger in the compressor side housing and get dirt. So I opted to loose 10HP and run a filter. I suggest you do the same.

As for cooling, just cut a piece of metal or cardboard and use self taping screws. I also put foam on mine to prevent any rattling sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          I tried the mesh screen too but dirt still gets in. After a month of driving you can rub your finger in the compressor side housing and get dirt. So I opted to loose 10HP and run a filter. I suggest you do the same.

As for cooling, just cut a piece of metal or cardboard and use self taping screws. I also put foam on mine to prevent any rattling sounds.
                          I am already looking into the filter for the turbo , more likely getting the hks mushroom type. Yup, I don't think 10hp is a big deal. I already made 10hp with my cb7tuner sticker lol.

Also working on the sheet metal idea from you, just waiting for the spal fan.

I installed the hood spacers , and they work pretty well. I made another 30 min drive in stop and go traffic and temps were at 196f when I made it home. It was cooler outside though. I will update this week after installing the fan and block off plate.

Comment

Awesome build! So much motivation in this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by accordboi77 View Post
                              Awesome build! So much motivation in this thread!
                              thanks man, hope to keep this thing going.

Good news, I test drove the car with the spal fan and relay for 30 min. Temps reached as high as 183f at stop lights , then came down to 174 while moving.

Comment

Looks great! It would be really silly to spend all this money and not run a filter on your turbo... Just sayin.
                                '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Working...
                                X