No announcement yet.

draxo : 1991 Accord EX-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where was the leak coming from?...windsheild maybe?...how did you fix it also?

car looks great btw

A & A Auto Service
    Pro-Spec
    TorontoJDM
    "Driven daily, or not at all"

Comment

Be sure to address all that rust. Be a sad thing to lose the floor panels.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by Jukesbox View Post
        where was the leak coming from?...windsheild maybe?...how did you fix it also?

car looks great btw
        thanks for the comment brother. initially i thought the water leak was coming from the windshield but it wasn't that. it was coming from the top corner of the firewall. it leads to a small pointlessly empty pane inbetween the fender and firewall. it's welded closed and the only way water gets in is through a few pointless holes along the top edge where the fender gets bolted in. i unleashed like half a bottle of silicone in that thing and made sort of a ramp with plastic so the water will just slide out to the inner fender. also siliconed up the holes on the top. what i think happened is that the previous owner had the car parked for a long time. water just sat there and eventually strated rotting. totally sucks but i think i stopped it for a good while. i wish i could get in there and weld something new.. but i really don't think it's possible considering the location.

i'll take some pictures tomorrow to give you guys a clear picture of what im trying to explain.

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
        Be sure to address all that rust. Be a sad thing to lose the
        floor panels.
        yeah the rust didn't look tooo bad until i started picking at stuff... then realized how bad it was. at this point im not really sure what to do. i don't think there is much i can do..

i cleaned the living shit out of the carpet today. i found out that the sound deadening (or whatever it is) under the carpet has rotted. it's letting out this unbearable stench.. probably infested with some fungus from the rotted water. i think i'll hit up home depot tomorrow and get something to replace it. pictures of before/after of the carpet tomorrow. BIG difference!!

Members Ride

Comment

Your floor actually looks like the only thing really plaguing it is surface rust. Funny how we have the exact same rust issues. I had the same place rotted out on the firewall...how ***...lol. And my sound deadening material was also rotted so i got it all the hell outta there, but my floor is still solid. Just give her some TLC (rust treatment) and she'll be good .
          I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Comment

Looking good

Just get that rust taken care of and you'll be golden.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

POR 15 dude .... end of rust... period.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
              dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Damn, very sick wagon, one of the cleanest I've seen. I give it a 8.9 out of 10. Could use more power.
                VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

Did you use to live in Tennessee?

Wagon looks good!
                  You just need some sort of rear lip now.

1999 BMW M3
                  2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                  2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                    Did you use to live in Tennessee?

Wagon looks good!
                    You just need some sort of rear lip now.
                    i made a rear valence/splitter type lip out of a broken cf mugen lip. but it kinda looks half assed. im still trying to figure out what i should do...

and as for the tennessee plates... nah i've never lived there, but coincidently enough i did fly down there with a buddy to pick up his 5th gen accord wagon

G = my name
                    wagon = my car
                    = G WAGON

some dood had it on ebay so i bought it!

Originally posted by GangstaCB7 View Post
                    Damn, very sick wagon, one of the cleanest I've seen. I give it a 8.9 out of 10. Could use more power.
                    thanks! the "more power" is coming next summer

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                    POR 15 dude .... end of rust... period.
                    will this make big ass holes in my floor? dustin... can you weld me some new floors pleeeaassseeee

hahah

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                    Looking good

Just get that rust taken care of and you'll be golden.
                    thanks bro! i'll be looking into it early spring.. just don't have the time to take care of it right now

Originally posted by '90 H22 CB7 View Post
                    Your floor actually looks like the only thing really plaguing it is surface rust. Funny how we have the exact same rust issues. I had the same place rotted out on the firewall...how ***...lol. And my sound deadening material was also rotted so i got it all the hell outta there, but my floor is still solid. Just give her some TLC (rust treatment) and she'll be good .
                    same problem probably because of the canadian weather. gotta live it eh?

so today a buddy came over and i did an entire stereo install for him. after that i decided to throw my interior back in. the sound deadening was ripped out and tossed into the garbage. slapped everything back together and cleaned the wagon out. next week i'll take her in for rustproof and that should cover me for winter.

pictures suck! sorry i was really rushing. a few stains won't come out but i think i got the stench out for sure.

another car-day for the wagon tomorrow..

Members Ride

Comment

looking good like always man

Comment

cool TAC photoshoot! I should probably join TAC, but I refuse to pay any sort of annual fee.

hardcore carpet washing G
                        DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293 View Post
                          looking good like always man
                          trying to keep up with you felipe!

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
                          cool TAC photoshoot! I should probably join TAC, but I refuse to pay any sort of annual fee.

hardcore carpet washing G
                          eh tac isn't anything special anyway. trying to lift up that carpet full of water nearly broke my back! thing is heavvvyy

loku, when are we doing a cb7 photoshoot?

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by draxo View Post
                            loku, when are we doing a cb7 photoshoot?
                            Lets try getting ourselves in the Calendar!

I have to get my car polished...I think tomorrow is the polishing day. I think we can drive out to the country side and take some good shots. should be a good half day's work.
                            DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
                              Lets try getting ourselves in the Calendar!

I have to get my car polished...I think tomorrow is the polishing day. I think we can drive out to the country side and take some good shots. should be a good half day's work.
                              sounds good to me! isn't tomorrow raining?

maybe we can visit dustin in the boonies!

Members Ride

Comment

your wag is so sick.it makes me wanna go buy one right now.

my ride thread
                                my photoshoot

Comment

Working...
                                X