X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qbodsyt
    replied
    Originally posted by 19TcappaLX View Post
    very nice and clean wagon.wish i had one.
    Thanks, it's a blessing and a curse....there are some disadvantages to the wagon, but you get so used to the style and extra features, I don't think I could go back to a sedan.
    Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
    well I guess yours out lasted mines
    I wish that wasn't the case, yours was really something. I wish you were still in a CB9. At least your still in a wag though. Before you know it you'll be getting big props from the CD people. Hang in there man.

Leave a comment:

• Night Wolf
    replied
    well I guess yours out lasted mines

Leave a comment:

• 19TcappaLX
    replied
    very nice and clean wagon.wish i had one.

Leave a comment:

• qbodsyt
    replied
    some night shots

Last edited by qbodsyt; 11-10-2009, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Clean_4th gen
    replied
    Originally posted by qbodsyt View Post
    no no, it's at 415,000 kilometers now, so like 259,000 miles. hopefully it will make it to 400,000 though! I sold it to a buddy, he bought it in March and hasn't put a penny into it since, other than oil changes.
    Wow, I wish mine was like that but no...I've spent over a grand within the last 2 months!

Leave a comment:

• CB7_91/DX
    replied
    Clean wagon

Leave a comment:

• qbodsyt
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
    Is it rare to find a 5spd...specially on a wagon! Off topic...is your sedan at 400K miles?
    no no, it's at 415,000 kilometers now, so like 259,000 miles. hopefully it will make it to 400,000 though! I sold it to a buddy, he bought it in March and hasn't put a penny into it since, other than oil changes.

Leave a comment:

• Clean_4th gen
    replied
    Originally posted by qbodsyt View Post
    thanks guys, it does seem rare to find a 5 speed and rust proofed in my area, a lot of the local Accord guys seem to like it. I do.
    Is it rare to find a 5spd...specially on a wagon! Off topic...is your sedan at 400K miles?

Leave a comment:

• qbodsyt
    replied
    Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
    Clean Asss Wagon ! , And Close to No RUST
    Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
    Clean wagon! And a 5spd...not too many of those around here!
    thanks guys, it does seem rare to find a 5 speed and rust proofed in my area, a lot of the local Accord guys seem to like it. I do.

I'm still looking for a place to get what rust there is cleaned up. I wish there weren't so many crooked body shops around.

Leave a comment:

• Clean_4th gen
    replied

Clean wagon! And a 5spd...not too many of those around here!

Leave a comment:

• 93SM4_CB7
    replied
    Clean Asss Wagon ! , And Close to No RUST

Leave a comment:

• qbodsyt
    replied
    updating some of the info on the ride. long time no posts.

some (too dark) shots after an evening bath (forgive the like 800iso graininess)

Leave a comment:

• qbodsyt
    replied
    Originally posted by H22WAGON93 View Post
    Nice drop. How much did you pay for those coilovers>

Lookin at the bumper is killin me. I got the same one. I trying to find a nice sedan bumper. Those are skinnier and not as long. Good mod for a wagon.

You said you wanted to check out my wag. Your not gonna find a MRT. This is the only one. New pics on last page.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104163
    Hey man, just noticed your post now. Thanks a lot.

The Teins were $1,000CDN. That might not sound like much of a deal, but for SS-P's I was getting quotes of around $1,400, without the EDFC! With the EDFC it was closer to $1,900. So as far as I'm concerned, I got them for half price. If I don't end up using the EDFC I might sell it and recoup some money. I might have to by the end of April

I hate 92/93 front ends. The 90/91 is blunter and more Euro to my eyes. I loved the front end of my 90 sedan. I would like to do a full front end conversion to a 90/91 front bumper, grill and headlights. That will be a colossal pain however, so it'll probably never happen. Right now I just would like to find some spare 92/93 headlights to blackhouse.

Why don't you get a real MRT up man? You have enough posts, MRTs are so much better!

Leave a comment:

• H22WAGON93
    replied
    Nice drop. How much did you pay for those coilovers>

Lookin at the bumper is killin me. I got the same one. I trying to find a nice sedan bumper. Those are skinnier and not as long. Good mod for a wagon.

You said you wanted to check out my wag. Your not gonna find a MRT. This is the only one. New pics on last page.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104163

Leave a comment:

• qbodsyt
    replied
    Here are some washed out cellphone pics of my drop, all I've had time for up to now.

Being dropped is interesting. It seems that a lot of people with wagons find the ride really bad with coilovers, but I've got my Tein SS-Ps dialed to midway between stiffest and softest and I find the ride quality to be comparable to my stock setup. A little stiffer, but that is actually more comfortable on good roads, and only slightly less comfortable on really bad roads.

I've driven it on the 407, 410, 401, 427 and Gardiner Expressway so far (the 427 and Gardiner were the bumpiest) as well as some prime examples of poorly maintained roads along the Queensway and Parklawn area. So far I've been perfectly comfortable. Complaints of broken backs and aching asses that I've heard from others could not be applied to me. The lack of comfort over bad bumps is at a much more superficial level in my car.

All this being said, while the negatives I've heard haven't applied nearly so strongly in my car, the positives are muted as well. I had been told that a good quality suspension setup and a decent drop would be the biggest alteration to the driving experience you could have, aside from a major engine mod maybe. That is not the truth for me. I'm more excited about hopping into my car and driving it now; in specific driving circumstances I have a smile on my face with the new setup; when changing lanes the car does feel more fluid, serendipitous if you will; but do I feel like I'm now driving a BMW or an S2000? No. Perhaps my limited experience with such premium vehicles has led me to unrealistic expectations of what those cars are really like, but I can only go on my impressions.

I think chassis sway is still an issue. I'm running on just the Teins, no camber kit, no strut bars, no upgraded sway, no traction bar. I could probably spend another $600+ on just that stuff, but I've exhausted my money supply for the year on current mods. Anything else I do will be on the cheap, DIY types of mods.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X