more people dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more people dead

Some people really need to keep it at the track.
    http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.p...1ahPa467rsOOO2

This time the bystanders told on the racer who hit instead of the gtr. They have his car and hes on the run.

Sad, but spectators should be aware of what is going on around them and not place themselves in vulnerable places. I would be very cautious being around any car racing slicks on the street.
    Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Not a very threatening statement. I think it should be more like "We have your car, your face... so turn yourself in or we will bring the hammer of god down on you!"

There needs to be more intimidation if you expect the guy to actually turn him self in.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Its not the lash they fear but my divine power! Lol words of xerxes from 300. Yeah if someone on the street doesn't rat him out his own family prolly will or they'll be at his house because all the info is on it already.

He's definitely going to do some time and prolly get sued for the death of the other family in punative damages. Honestly from what I've seen in the street races its always best to be behind the starting line and watch the race from that direction and not down the line. That gtr was ghost though.

Comment

They might bump that vehicular manslaughter charge to murder

What an idiot.

See thats why I only go to FWD street races.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Spectators right on the road is nothing new. It's just as much the onlookers' fault for being there as it is the driver's fault for not being careful.

I think the Group B rally drivers actually got off on the deaths (at least in terms of the law, not emotionally) because people weren't supposed to be so close to the road. Unless this guy's left the country, he only made his situation worse by running.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              Spectators right on the road is nothing new. It's just as much the onlookers' fault for being there as it is the driver's fault for not being careful.

I think the Group B rally drivers actually got off on the deaths (at least in terms of the law, not emotionally) because people weren't supposed to be so close to the road. Unless this guy's left the country, he only made his situation worse by running.
              Rally drivers and spectators get it the worst because all it takes is just one mistake and there's no safety. I seen most of em get wiped out like bowling pins. I always stays at the line or behind the line as they pull off never down the road there's just too much room for error.

Comment

At least rally racing is sanctioned, and measures are taken to ensure the safety of onlookers (or at least efforts are taken to inform them of the risks involved.) Still dangerous, but it's more of a controlled danger... and any onlooker violating the rules set by the race organizers are at least partially responsible for the consequences.

I will never get the point of street racing, honestly. A drag strip has time slips. A drag strip has safety measures. A drag strip provides concrete proof of who wins and who loses.
                Street racing back in the day when 150hp Hondas were hot shit... I can see how that could be exciting, I suppose. But today, with 500+hp easily affordable by practically anyone... with no real mechanical knowledge or prior racing experience necessary... it's scary.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                  They might bump that vehicular manslaughter charge to murder

What an idiot.

See thats why I only go to FWD street races.
                  i guess you like to spectate 16 sec quarter mile races
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    Haha

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I once went to the track to race my friend's Aveo in my Fit. I got there too late, and he ended up racing alone. I think he ran 18.2.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        At least rally racing is sanctioned, and measures are taken to ensure the safety of onlookers (or at least efforts are taken to inform them of the risks involved.) Still dangerous, but it's more of a controlled danger... and any onlooker violating the rules set by the race organizers are at least partially responsible for the consequences.

I will never get the point of street racing, honestly. A drag strip has time slips. A drag strip has safety measures. A drag strip provides concrete proof of who wins and who loses.
                        Street racing back in the day when 150hp Hondas were hot shit... I can see how that could be exciting, I suppose. But today, with 500+hp easily affordable by practically anyone... with no real mechanical knowledge or prior racing experience necessary... it's scary.
                        Exactly. And they mentioned that kid was 21~! 21 with a 500HP+ mustang with slicks and street racing. ugggg.

The only good to come out of this is that half of the people there will hopefully stop attending street races.

Comment

Hopefully... though, sadly, I doubt it.

For older guys like us, we got our experience racing slow cars, if we raced at all. Most of us couldn't afford fast cars when we were young! When I started driving, the kids in my area with "fast" cars had 3rd gen F-bodies, topping out at 230hp in stock form. Only one kid had a 4th gen F-body, which made 275hp. Many had Fox body Mustangs, making 220hp or so. A few had DSMs, making 200hp. They modified them, but I'd be amazed if anyone ever got more than 300whp out of anything. Those cars weren't slow... and even by today's standards they'd be decently quick... but compared to that thing? Slow. Easily controlled. And built by kids that started slower.
                          This guy probably never raced Civics. Probably never burned a clutch in a Cavalier. Surely never tried to race at a stoplight in his mom's minivan. He probably bought that Mustang as-is, or bought it stock and paid someone to modify it... and cut his teeth on that monster. I wonder if that was his first race, honestly. Nobody with any clue what they're doing would go that sideways on a 1-2 shift!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            Now that's classic.

I can't see the video at work, but.....

Well I don't really have much to say.

Everyone drives carelessly at some point and time, but serious street racing should be moved to a track.

Carry on.

Comment

Wasn't much to see. The guy did a 1-2 shift and went completely sideways, straight into the crowd. He got maybe 50 feet from the starting line.

Comment

Working...
                              X