No announcement yet.

93 LX Wagon... Rare find and pretty impressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick update for anyone interested... about 8 hours to go and it's up to $6500 and reserve still not met!

I'll be curious to see how high it goes. I'm also wondering about what kind of reserve the seller is looking for, 10K?

LOL, I hope so... then I'll need to rethink my SE's value not that I'm ready to sell yet
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      That thing is pretty sweet too!

New cars are pretty disappointing. I can't stand the interiors in pretty much any GM product (Cadillac is the only one that comes close to being passable). Mercedes Benz and BMW do little to impress me (expectations are high for those, too.) Hyundai, Kia, and now Genesis are disappointing (and every model I sat in at the auto show smelled like glue... ironic, for a brand that has a car named Equus!)
      Honestly, and I'm not saying this because I'm now biased toward the brand... the best interiors going now are probably Mazda. I sat in the little CX3... a crossover... and I DESPISE crossovers... and I loved it. It reminded me of the CB in terms of material quality, fit and finish, etc...
      Newer Hondas are getting better. They hit a major low point around the turn of the century. I think the 6th generation Accord was shameful in terms of interior quality. Style was nice, but inside was junk compared to a CB!

This is why I like that Regular Car Reviews guy on youtube. Speaks the truth about cars. I like it when he does an older car and notes that the interior, etc. is better than his newer car. I think he noted that in the 78 chevette, lol.

Comment

Nice valve cover leak

Comment

Didn't sell at $6500, relisted.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            Didn't sell at $6500, relisted.
            Yeah thanks I caught that too. It's fascinating to watch how far ppl will try to push the envelope on price.

On one hand I'm rooting for him but on the other it's still just an exceptional LX wagon. Yet as I always say if you hang onto something long enough and keep it in good shape someone will usually stepup and surprise you..

How else could NSXs & muscle cars break the 6 digit bracket?
            My Collection:

Comment

I added the relisted auction to the original post. I wonder how much it'll actually sell for!

CBs aren't quite rare enough yet to warrant big money. Aside from our little community, not many people appreciate the cars enough to spend anything more than blue book value on them. I'd say in another decade or so, they might start being worth good money in fantastic condition. You can look around now and find previously "disposable" cars like old Corollas fetching impressive sums. The CB will get there. Eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I added the relisted auction to the original post. I wonder how much it'll actually sell for!

CBs aren't quite rare enough yet to warrant big money. Aside from our little community, not many people appreciate the cars enough to spend anything more than blue book value on them. I'd say in another decade or so, they might start being worth good money in fantastic condition. You can look around now and find previously "disposable" cars like old Corollas fetching impressive sums. The CB will get there. Eventually.
                That's the biggest problem with this one. If you buy it, it would be a shame to start driving it a lot.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

That's the biggest problem with this one. If you buy it, it would be a shame to start driving it a lot.
                  That's why I'm almost glad my Miata was in a minor accident. I bought it with 63,000 miles on it (which was crazy for a 26 year old car). Had it been pristine, I'd have had a difficult time enjoying it as I am now. My car is still in extremely good condition, and the previous owner was meticulous in its care (aside from the one unfortunate accident). The 1st gen Miatas are rising sharply in value, especially now that they're being favorably compared to the brand new 4th gen. If my car was perfect, I'd be tempted to keep it that way... which would mean keeping the miles off of it, keeping the paint original, and not adding any aftermarket parts (like the frame rails I'm about to drill into the underside of the car.)
                  That's the sad thing about cars. The few that CAN be investments can't be used as they were intended. And a car that isn't driven is a sad thing indeed!

Comment

Didn't we have a member on here who's father had a opal green 92 LX in his garage with like 100 miles on it? He had a green 90-91 EX, but his member name is escaping me.

Whomever did the listing photos deserves a reward. It's amazing how a set of quality photos can seriously help an ad of a car for sale (and poor photos ruin an ad).

Comment

Looks like the guy shot himself in the foot. He didn't sell at $6500 the first time; let it go for $6099 the second time.

Comment

Looks like the guy shot himself in the foot. He didn't sell at $6500 the first time; let it go for $6099 the second time.
                        Looks like someone got a smokin' deal... wonder if it was anyone from here?

Who says dealers are so smart
                        My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                        X