Man i-phone woes lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenagers film themselves bending iPhone 6 Plus devices at Apple Store

I guess kids are punks these days and the iPhone 6 is reportedly prone to bending in your pocket?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/29/teenag...store-4885728/

EDIT:

Last edited by H311RA151N; 09-29-2014, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      I guess kids are kids these days.
      Fixed that for ya!

Stop trying to look at everything from a "the world is doom and gloom" perspective.

It just gets old fast.

Kids will always be kids. They are not punks these days. Yes maybe more outlandish, and more disrespectful, but kids surely pulled pranks on teachers in the '50s when people were considered quite stand up.

Im sure plenty of kids did punkish things in the 20's as well.

It's almost like you want so bad to be so far removed from your generation. Stop worrrying about what everyone else does, and just do you. Be who you are, and you'll be ok!
      Last edited by Ralphie; 09-29-2014, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        Fixed that for ya!

Stop trying to look at everything from a "the world is doom and gloom" perspective.

It just gets old fast.

Kids will always be kids. They are not punks these days. Yes maybe more outlandish, and more disrespectful, but kids surely pulled pranks on teachers in the '50s when people were considered quite stand up.

Im sure plenty of kids did punkish things in the 20's as well.

It's almost like you want so bad to be so far removed from your generation. Stop worrrying about what everyone else does, and just do you. Be who you are, and you'll be ok!
        Well, alrighty then...

Comment

I heard that the IP6 had and issue with structural rigidity. I think the prototype was made properly then the production models coming out of China started developing these issues. As much as I am for Apple I would never buy anything from them during the release. I would give it a year so that others have the misfortune of their brand new $600 phones breaking on them and hopefully a solution would be out by then.
          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I'm very uncertain really. Plus this just came to my attention.

The video said 70lbs of force. That's quite a lot if you ask me.

I did not buy a new generation gaming console at release for the reason you just described about the i6.

Comment

I have heard some cases of it breaking is peoples pockets.
              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

That appears to be the claims being made. In time I'm sure we will find out it it's a legitimate claim or not. Or at least whether it's due to the phone or the operator.

Comment

I think there have been 9 reports of iPhones breaking in someone's pocket.
                  it's a rigid device in a tight, flexible pocket. Of course there's a risk of breaking it!

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                    I'm very uncertain really. Plus this just came to my attention.

The video said 70lbs of force. That's quite a lot if you ask me.

I did not buy a new generation gaming console at release for the reason you just described about the i6.
                    70lbs isn't alot when someone weighs 200lbs and decides to put a thin piece of aluminum and plastic in their back pocket and then complain about it breaking when they have a seat in a hard metal folding chair.

Now THIS has gone too far:
                    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...mote-products/

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Aren't all of these phones prices similarly? Off contract in the US, Apple tends to be a buck cheaper than their counterparts.

If anyone is arguing price, it's a moot point.
                      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                        Aren't all of these phones prices similarly? Off contract in the US, Apple tends to be a buck cheaper than their counterparts.

If anyone is arguing price, it's a moot point.
                        If to you a few hundred dollars is a buck, then you got your costs backwards and wrong.

My phone (Nexus5) costs $350 vs iPhone6 $700+.

Comment

My I5s... price of shipping from Sprint. $12 IIRC? All completely legit too.

Comment

I got my Iphone 6 yesterday. Very impressed to be honest. I was expecting a bit less
                            Originally posted by cb9love
                            when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                              If to you a few hundred dollars is a buck, then you got your costs backwards and wrong.

My phone (Nexus5) costs $350 vs iPhone6 $700+.
                              The Nexus aside - comparing most of LG, HTC, or Samsung phones - they are all $600+.

The price differential is very minimal.
                              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Apples to apples, hardware wise the iPhone6 is actually closer to a much cheaper Nexus 4. So in that sense it is actually a worse deal.

You have to compare more than release date and price tag.
                                Last edited by wildBill83; 10-03-2014, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X