No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no. sorry i didn't realize i put atf. i used prestone honda/acura approved fluid and after about a month it started making noises. so i flushed it out and have been using honda fluid ever since. pair that with the cheap ass seal; kit i bought. the seals in the pump are all cracked and it leaks like a siv. im super lucky i didn't blow the rack.

i learned my lesson. don't go cheap
    Last edited by RyanD; 01-27-2013, 04:38 AM.
    visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
      no. sorry i didn't realize i put atf. i used prestone honda/acura approved fluid and after about a month it started making noises. so i flushed it out and have been using honda fluid ever since. pair that with the cheap ass seal; kit i bought. the seals in the pump are all cracked and it leaks like a siv. im super lucky i didn't blow the rack.

i learned my lesson. don't go cheap
      I got what you meant Ryan.

As long as it was for Honda/Acura it wont "hurt" anything however its not as good as Genuine Honda psf. Cheap seals is what made it start leaking again if thats what you used. Not poor work.

I wish you could show me how you do it, Im sure I could figure it out on my own but it would still be cool. Since its so easy, next time you come over Ill have two kits and we can do both my CBs.

EDIT: I just bought two Gates rebuild kits. Maybe that will make them stop whining every once in a while. Both of them leak just a very little too. I have to add a splash every 6 months or so.
      Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-27-2013, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        I got what you meant Ryan.

As long as it was for Honda/Acura it wont "hurt" anything however its not as good as Genuine Honda psf. Cheap seals is what made it start leaking again if thats what you used. Not poor work.

I wish you could show me how you do it, Im sure I could figure it out on my own but it would still be cool. Since its so easy, next time you come over Ill have two kits and we can do both my CBs.
        i would love to show you! i just ordered that Gates kit so if i end up going to your place this coming weekend i should have it with me.
        visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
          i would love to show you! i just ordered that Gates kit so if i end up going to your place this coming weekend i should have it with me.
          Man, the seller had an issue to deal with yesterday morning and didn’t ship the suspension kit. He said he will ship it on Monday but I don’t think that they will be here in time for Friday.

I was hoping that it would be in by this weekend so we could do your suspension.
          Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-27-2013, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Yeah... one box down already.

Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
              Yeah... one box down already.

Thats ironically funny, whats each bear about 100 calories..photographed over exercise equipment
              at least its JDM :P

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                Thats ironically funny, whats each bear about 100 calories..photographed over exercise equipment
                160 calories for half a box of the little buggers. I can afford it, IIFYM.
                Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                  160 calories for half a box of the little buggers. I can afford it, IIFYM.
                  Ohh..thats not bad at all, never heard of that diet before till now. I may partake. tnx

Comment

Paid $30. The bra was listed for $5.

Said the bra is from a '93, but they will fit any CB, right?

The intake was listed as K&N, and I knew it wasn't, but I took the gamble anyway. The filter is actually a "Ractive Superflow Filter," and it has a small hole in one of the lobes (very tiny, about 3mm). Is the filter any good, compare to the stock intake box? It's dirty and needs some cleaning, for sure.

Comment

The bra will fit yes, and I would get a new filter. If it were me I would snag a K&N filter. $30 bucks is a good deal for an oem bra and a intake pipe! Good score.
                      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                        Said the bra is from a '93, but they will fit any CB, right?
                        Nope! Through it in your front yard, and i'll come pick it up.
                        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Now I can see what I'm doing much better. I should have bought this a long time ago.

Now I need to up my skill level,,,
                          A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post

Now I can see what I'm doing much better. I should have bought this a long time ago.

Now I need to up my skill level,,,
                            im afraid to ask what you were using before this

visit vgruk

Comment

The old one is so old, antiquated. And, I'm so embarrassed to show it. It is probably older than you, Ryan.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

Figured it was time to get serious. Going to get some ingredients together

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                                It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X