This forum is too big for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
    No offense to anyone, but the cheaper and older the cars get, the cheaper and less inspired the members are becoming. Tons of halfassing on the cars and bad grammar on the forums. Alot more different people are going to start joining in the near future, its not a car that only middle class can afford.
    x2. As CB7s have gotten older and cheaper, its allowed younger, les experienced "people" to buy them. They google their car and end up here.

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    If you want to know something about the CB7, it's in these pages......

Most people that could afford the nearly $10,000 to put into an old project car would probably rather go out and buy a 1998 M3!......

Using the highschool analogy... we're a bunch of close Juniors and Seniors, surrounded by annoying Freshmen. The Sophomores have a chance, if they haven't been forced to drop out already

When CD prices fall, CD5tuner.com will fall victim to that flood, and CB7tuner will be free
    We're an archive, yay!

Or they could take $4000 and buy a v6 6G coupe.

Im a sophomore for sure. I remember a few of the OGs that are no longer around, but ive seen the wave of youngins come in and i cant wait til they grow up.

When the swarm moves to CD5tuner, this place will turn into 3geez.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I hope so. 3geez is cool now! It sucked when I first joined. The OGs didn't want to help anyone, and they were rude. The majority of the people were cheap, and quickly grew disallusioned with their cars because those things take a considerable amount of work to be quick... and the aftermarket for the 3rd gen is crap compared to what we have!
      Our aftermarket may keep us in this stage a little longer. Our cars are still far more heavily supported than the older ones.

Comment

It's interesting to see an OG come in and voice an opinion on the forum after a sabbatical. I had given up finding a decent car forum after I closed down corollastyles.com. The Honda/Accord forums I found were all full of ricers or douchebags (not that one necessarily negates the other. ) I was looking for a new muffler for the coupe, found a video of the twinloop, and it had the site name scrolling across the screen. I checked it out and it was like coming home.
        I've only been around for a couple of years, but I like to think I have some tiny OG status. (like transferring credits) Deev and others have given me a few words of respect, I generally try to follow the rules and encourage others to do the same, and, while I'm not as knowledgable as some of these guys, what I do know, I share, what I don't; I don't make up.
        I love this site. It's everything I wanted my site to be as far as information and knowledge, and has a much larger member base than I ever dreamed of for my own. I think it's great to BS with blizzard in Malaysia or to give props to a guy from Poland on how clean his whip is.
        There's a few people I butt heads with, but I keep it to a minimum until I just can't stand it anymore. Then, however, it's friggin' on. And there does seem to be a general downturn in the quality of the builds, but I think that some of us are used to seeing hot hot cb7s, and when a fresh clean unmodded one shows up, or some guy gets a beater, the transformation takes so long that we lose sight of it in the crowd. It used to be that there were, say 20 guys restoring, swapping, modding, seriously. Now you have dozens of guys that are doing it, but there mixed up in the other hundreds of guys that are talking about doing it and not. I never look at an MRT unless I want to see the guys ride. Back in the day, guys were checking MRTs on the regular, to see how the swap was coming, how the turbo fabrication was going, how did he do this. It's old news to us, so we don't keep track.

That's all, just wanted to voice my opinion.

Comment

There are also quite a few AMAZING cars on this site, and not all OG members, either! We've had a number of newer members that have some seriously nice stuff. They come in with the masses of idiot immature ricer kids, so they often go overlooked... but they're here. When they start to show what they know, and show what they have, they get recognized.

The genuinely good people on here tend to make friends in their area as well. I have a number of people that I consider to be very close friends, even some of my best friends, that have come from this site.

Comment

Yeah, if it werent for this site i wouldnt know alot of the ppl i know today, and although i dont think theyve changed my life just yet, theyre still aweosme ppl.

And i love getting to know who's behind the name. I love getting to know everyones real names and who they are beyond CB7tuner. Im weird like that.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I've been through a lot of tough times over the past 2 years. I have just as many CB7 friends that have really helped me throuhg as I do non-CB7 friends. In many cases, the CB7 friends were there even more than the others. I can list a half dozen people (or more) that listened to me, offered quality advice (even when it was something difficult to say, that they knew I didn't want to hear), distracted me, or even gave me a place to stay while I figured things out.

Comment

this is an interesting read i am amused....
                DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

Am I one of those Sophomores?

I lurk a lot more than I post, but I too have seen some of this "change" we're discussing.
                  Everyone wants something for nothing now, it seems, whether that's answers to "What weight oil?" or "How can I beat a mustang, CHEAP?".

I can't quite afford a full on build, but that doesn't stop me from taking pride in my ride.
                  MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

Honestly, it's very surprising what you can do with the right parts, the right effort, and a little bit of intelligence.

93twodoorLX actually has a very limited amount of money in his car. He replaced most things as they broke with upgrades... Prelude rims bought for a bargain with good tires, an inexpensive but QUALITY Exedy clutch and Fidanza flywheel setup, an inexpensive header, an F22A6/H22 intake manifold, a 2.5" exhaust that may very well be the most expensive thing on his car... and a few suspension goodies, such as my old setup that he got for half of what I paid.
                    And he takes care of it. He washes his car more in a month than I do in year. It looks fantastic (even after a deer head-butted it)

What has that gotten him? So far, he's come within a second (less, even) of my H22 in the quater mile. He gets compliments left and right. And he's done it all relatively inexpensively. There are many on here like him. Not a single one of them has wasted our time asking "how can I beat my bro's cammed supercharged mustang with my milk money?"

Comment

what am I in the story ? the banana spider?

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293 View Post
                        what am I in the story ? the banana spider?
                        Lmao....... you crazy.
                        I think that most of the "freshmen" so to speak, just want something with an H badge that is fast enough to make them cool. I have a few friends from school that are like that. I took the hard way to get here. I went through a lot of cars, most of which i didn't choose. When i finally got a car that you could call fast (but not really) i didn't realize what i had and blew the tranny. I have slowly learned that it's not just the outcome of something like building a car, it's how you got there.

But most people these days don't read books for fun either. they would rather skip to the last chapter and say the know what happened. But thats sort of how life is. its actually funny because everything that has to do with people in large groups boils down to the same basic behaviors. Everyone wants to fit in and be a part of a "group" while being unique and themselves. But everyone ends up being basically the same, and then everyone fights about it.

This is my first forum i have been very active on. and i haven't felt so at home since high school. I butt heads with people, get misunderstood, misunderstand people.... but the best part is, i have met some awesome people, learned some things i could have never learned otherwise, and i have done things that a year ago i would have never thought i could do.

and to be honest, that is probably the biggest reason this place is so huge. Anyone with enough common sense can build a motor with the click of the search button. And tools.

Comment

Unfortunately for you guys I am here to stay... despite my online antics I've made a few good friends here and like the sense of community. It's a good forum

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Come for the cars. Stay for the people.

We need one big bro-hug.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post

I went through a lot of cars,

I have slowly learned that it's not just the outcome of something like building a car, it's how you got there.

Everyone wants to fit in and be a part of a "group" while being unique and themselves. But everyone ends up being basically the same, and then everyone fights about it.

I butt heads with people, get misunderstood, misunderstand people.... but the best part is, i have met some awesome people, learned some things i could have never learned otherwise
                              Im with Flatline on this one. I just highlighted what I thought was the best parts of the post. Or rather the parts I though were most applicable to myself.

The comunity, as a whole, really is good here. I cant think of a SINGLE CB7 member met in person that wasnt a decent guy. Whereas with the Toyota "clique" they were mostly just a bunch of retards. No one did ANY work themselves... and even then it was always the "approved" mods.. and everything else was "impossible". Everyone wanted somthing for nothing... and were ungratfull even at that point.

The people Ive met here... I dunno... can be counted on. Ive done installs for people at my house and had half a dozen people come out. One member drove from Toronto to my place to bring me a FREE racing seat, and another yet, drove to the other side of the city to pick up the Sparco for me. Ive gone to more meets, and had more mini meets at my place (and I live almost an hour away from the next closest member ... and almost 2 hours from the weekely "west end meet") then I EVER did with the Toyota guys. Its a comunity Im proud to be a part of.

It seems tha the flakes come and go pretty quick, and the legit members just cruise along.

Same post routine.

1) Look at my hand me down / cheap / free Accord

2) Why doesnt my post count go up?.... Why cant I get to the for sale forums?

3) Me and my boys are gonna do a turbo H22 5spd swap ... where can I get the parts for less then $83.27

4) Nevermind the turbo for now.....check out my "JDM" alteza lights... what body kit do you think is best.

5) I crashed it / I ran it out of oil / Im getting a "teggy"

6) GONE
                              Last edited by AstroVannin; 05-23-2009, 08:56 AM.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                              dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

well i know im one of those freshman.

also though im not going to post for help if i can find it under search. And the spider thing well i posted this because i figured i could give everyone some humor for the day. If that is wrong well i dont know what to tell you thats why its in the off topic. As far as the site i didnt know shit about my accord till one of my friends told me about it and i joined i dont post alot because i dont want to be bashed because i dont know something i will look first then ask. And all my upgrades have been from fellow cb7 owners that were willing to help a guy out and teach him something. I will continue and try to contribute if i can but if i cant contribute anything usefull i will continue to keep my mouth shut ive been on here over a year and dont have much of a post count but i log on everyday. And just to make things clear you think alot of these people are youngsters but majority are people who are guys or gals who have owned a domestic all their life and dont know shit like me 32 year old newb. my .02.

And i hope this site never goes away. I risk my job everyday just to look at our cars i love em
                                h23a3 lxinks

Comment

Working...
                                X