Who else thinks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
    Ok before I start I wanna say I didnt wanna read all replies because they were almost all the same but......

Take carolinahondas.com for example. They let a little bit of flaming and name calling go on and thought nothing of it. Then it gradually gets worse and its pretty much a fight forum for Hondas. You get called rice, if you dont drive a Civic or Integra you are hated, people lowball you for parts. Its actually undermoderated and NOW people complain about the forum and nobody really goes on that forum anymore. You have the same pack of douchebags that go on that forum to talk shit. They never get banned but the good people who actually are good sellers, great informers, and just all around good people always get banned. I have been banned 11 times because I "complained" about the status of the forum. I was told since I didnt like it then I didnt need to get on there.
    This forum was very much on the same path when we decided to change things.

Most of the people who used to cause problems are gone now, and those that aren't gone are much more contributive.

If you ever want a historical perspective, go look at some of the old, closed threads from around the 2006-2007 era.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I think we should all just ffffflllllooooowwwwwww

No, really though. I rarely browse these boards, however when I do I usually try to take a trip into the beginner sections and sling some knowledge to questions that I see go unanswered. There are no stupid questions in my mind. I'm not going to spoon feed anyone, but if it's a legitimate question in a legitimate thread, then I'll answer it to the best of my ability.
      Last edited by npor; 02-08-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Boy, the Northwest is just really kickin lately, isnt it?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

not even close to being "over-moderated"

and I am glad.

I don't need Big Brother policing my opinions even more than they already are in the real world.

To that, I am grateful.
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Im very glad to have this forum. If I didnt, I probably would have sold my wagon by now because of the lack of help/knowledge.

Comment

I like the forum. There are some disagreements that come up every now and then but that happens even in the US government *or other gov. organizations for everyone outside the US.* Those who live in the U.S, myself included, have see things being run in a way we don't like. Lots of issues, lots of debates.

But there are rules here just like there are rules out in the world. Just because your on the internet I don't think gives you a "right" to be an ass hole. Just like if you were pulled over for speeding, lets say 62 in a 60 zone. your still speeding, and you could talk to the police officer in a way such as "ARE you F*C&ING OUT OF YOUR MIND!?" but that's not going to go very well.

Yeah, people are nice to Deev. because he owns the place, He is the almighty in his world and the moderators are his police force. Showing respect doesn't mean your weak or that your not being able to voice your opinions. But if you have the opinion that *only an example here* "Deev sucks major donkey Di*@" because he won't let you in the classifieds because of the number of posts you have, that's going to get you BAANNNED! I'm sure you could say though "I don't agree with Deev's reasons for baring members with less than 30 posts from the classifieds because ..." and make your points.

Honestly I'd like to see the forum continue in the way it is going. I personally loved the "H22 vs. BMW" thread. I laughed so hard.
              Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

I can see what the OP is trying to say. I agree that there are definitely more followers on cb7tuner today than in the past. To say that the community is being over-moderated, however, takes a step into discussion territory. The forum is relatively quiet now and pretty mellow. This is a nice thing to have especially when alot of other forums are full of flamefest and tons of bullshit.

I will say this however, the creativity and levels of cb7 mods and discoveries these days are pretty hard to find. Everyone pretty much follows the next guy and in turn I believe uniqueness is suffering. Perhaps it's because we've lost members that contributed to the spice of cb7 life or maybe its because our cars are so old that there's really very little left to discover and/or mod.. who knows. I think personally as a whole the cb7tuner community has taken a step back in the modding direction and a maybe a step forward in member relations. Yes its definitely NOT what is used to be, but then again that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on who you ask.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                  I'm all for banning no one.

Also, I hate reading about how much he "pays" for this place. He uses it to hold above people all of the time. If it's such a hassle then I'm sure there are many others that would like to take it off of his hands.
                  Or if you can't figure out a way to make money off of a site with this much traffic then you're doing something wrong?

It sounds like this whole thread is just a personal issue you have with this site

So you'd rather have no Mods at all?

Deev never complains about paying for this site. It is a statement that gets thrown around every now and then, but its far from a complaint.
                  If it was such a hassle, it would have been sorted along time ago.
                  Btw this site does make its own money - If you havn't noticed the ads on it.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Would you like me to tell you I don't like and scream profanities at you?

Well I don't. I love you... and that back arch thing you do when changing spark plugs.

No homo.

=p

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                        Boy, the Northwest is just really kickin lately, isnt it?
                        it's always kickin' in the NW.
                        峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                          and that back arch thing you do when changing spark plugs.

No homo.

=p
                          wowie.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                            Would you like me to tell you I don't like and scream profanities at you?

Well I don't. I love you... and that back arch thing you do when changing spark plugs.

No homo.

=p

Well I think you're a ***ggot. Yes homo. (Edit, hate the censoring... faagot faagot faagot)

(Just playing... think you actually got me started when I got my bmw, or gave me some help at some point)

I just think this place is boring and could use some spicing up... but if you guys all are happy then screw me and carry on. I'll continue my infrequent visits.

Let me quote this post that just crack me the fuck up though:

Originally posted by imabitch
                            I have no clue how. And I wasnt being a smart ass. I REALLY was only helping you out. I figured if I let them know, they wouldnt do it again. SOOOOOO SORRY! I'll just go back in hiding for another 2 years.
                            .... to deev after this guy told some new members to be more helpful and contribute useful information and deeve told him to let the mods do their job.
                            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

I'm glad you brought up the topic though. Gets the conversational debate juices flowing.

While I don't agree with some of the things you said originally, I do agree on others.

Deev's a great guy, and so are the mods. For example Mike, is the shit and always very helpful. And that's not me brownnosing either. Honestly after being a member on HT for quite a long time, the shit talking got old. But at the same time it was hilarious. People just take things way too seriously is what it is.

The board is what it is. Sadly I prefer this and d-series.org over almost any other car forum at this point. And this may also be a generalization; but let's be honest with one more thing that comes to mind: Most of the members on your bimmer forum are probably much older than a lot of members here. I think the average age for users here would be like 20 or something like that.

BMW's attract the older guys. Not saying that CB owners are any less mature, but the BMW is a more "grown-up" platform. Therefor, I feel as though most of the guys on your boards can take a shit talking can of heat to the face, shrug it off/laugh it off, and move on. People on sites such as this might not be able to. This is just my opinion, take it or leave it

life is good.

Comment

Well I think you're a ***ggot. Yes homo. (Edit, hate the censoring... faagot faagot faagot)
                                So you deliberately try to bypass the rules by modifying censored words - I realize the circumstance in context, however it just adds more to this thread, and your general opinion.

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                                BMW's attract the older guys. Not saying that CB owners are any less mature, but the BMW is a more "grown-up" platform. Therefor, I feel as though most of the guys on your boards can take a shit talking can of heat to the face, shrug it off/laugh it off, and move on. People on sites such as this might not be able to. This is just my opinion, take it or leave it
                                I'n not sure what you consider "Older", But there is a fair few members on this site 25+

The age of the CB dictates to a point the kind of people that own them. In a few years it will be really only enthusiasts left, and all the "school kids" will be gone onto something else
                                Last edited by evil_demon_01; 02-09-2010, 04:05 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X