Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time for some changes around here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i lost all general interest in the cb, but yet i still go on this forum everyday. I don't know is coming up or building what. i guess this place is just roots to me.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
      i lost all general interest in the cb, but yet i still go on this forum everyday. I don't know is coming up or building what. i guess this place is just roots to me.
      Even though we need a little work, this place is still awesome
      The core group of people, ever-changing as it may be (and thankfully, ever-growing as well) is still great. The response to this thread actually makes me much more hopeful than I was as I was typing it. I expected others to acknowledge the problem, but I'm really happy to see so many that are really interested in doing their part to get us back on a good track.

I've actually noticed a change even today... even among people who haven't responded to this thread (though i'm sure have read it.)

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly with the intent of this thread.

You can count me in!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Mike..... If I can help in any way please let me know.

I am highly ecouraged by this and am hopefull a place I once thought of as my home would return to be that way for me.
          WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

The only way anyone can help is simply by leading by example. Help out, be polite, be friendly, and with luck others will follow your lead. It's how we fell into this quagmire of negativity in the first place (and I do feel that I am largely responsible for providing leadership into that myself...)

Comment

I would also like to offer to help, if you need it.
              Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Also just wanted to share a point...

Not sure what ideas you have for staff and changes etc...

but remember too much one way, and this place will also lose that something special.

There is only so much moderating and enforcing you can do to try to swing the odds in your favor before people really start to dislike and move on...for better or for worse..

obv I know you know that, just wanted to point it out.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  The only way anyone can help is simply by leading by example. Help out, be polite, be friendly, and with luck others will follow your lead. It's how we fell into this quagmire of negativity in the first place (and I do feel that I am largely responsible for providing leadership into that myself...)
                  I will give you my word that I will do my best to "Lead by example".
                  WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    Also just wanted to share a point...

Not sure what ideas you have for staff and changes etc...

but remember too much one way, and this place will also lose that something special.

There is only so much moderating and enforcing you can do to try to swing the odds in your favor before people really start to dislike and move on...for better or for worse..

obv I know you know that, just wanted to point it out.
                    Yeah, I totally agree. And we can't coddle everyone either. I'm definitely not saying we need to start spoon-feeding the lazy people. We just need to be a little more polite, and stop assuming that everyone that is new is asking to be spoon-fed. I've seen a lot of that going on... people that don't even know where to start getting shot down instantly because others think they're asking for step-by-step hand holding.

Anyway, yeah... I don't intend to over-moderate. In fact, quite the opposite. The mods and I have been a bit overbearing with the spelling, grammar, and punctuation stuff in the past. For good reason, but still. I want to find a more effective, less "bullying" way to promote effective written communication on this site. It IS a problem, but pulling half the threads off topic just to criticize someone's typing hasn't helped anything at all. Only a handful of members have actually realized the sense of what we said, and made an effort to really correct it (and those that have are MUCH easier to understand... but they are the vast minority of those that have been spoken to!)

Comment

Yeah, I totally agree. And we can't coddle everyone either. I'm definitely not saying we need to start spoon-feeding the lazy people. We just need to be a little more polite, and stop assuming that everyone that is new is asking to be spoon-fed. I've seen a lot of that going on... people that don't even know where to start getting shot down instantly because others think they're asking for step-by-step hand holding.

Anyway, yeah... I don't intend to over-moderate. In fact, quite the opposite. The mods and I have been a bit overbearing with the spelling, grammar, and punctuation stuff in the past. For good reason, but still. I want to find a more effective, less "bullying" way to promote effective written communication on this site. It IS a problem, but pulling half the threads off topic just to criticize someone's typing hasn't helped anything at all. Only a handful of members have actually realized the sense of what we said, and made an effort to really correct it (and those that have are MUCH easier to understand... but they are the vast minority of those that have been spoken to!)
                      Exactly.

Two idea's Ive had.

1. Maybe an auto PM with some information or links etc when people first sign up....that upon signing in for the first time is automatically delivered?

I know that you know little of the software side of the site, as im sure thats where that tweak would be made, but it might be helpful.

Could cut down like 25% of threads made(yea i threw that in for good measure lol)

2. Instead of taking threads OT with spelling, grammar, punctuation....maybe direct pms from mods to the offenders with warnings and links to helpful threads would do better instead????

Idk its late and im rambling.

Just some suggestions.

Comment

i honestly didn't see any change and didn't know that deev logged out for a couple days either.

but i also clocked in like 65 hours this week so i wasn't on that much.

my interest in cb7's and f22a has been slowly decreasing which is why i no longer work on my 2 engine builds. just been into my corrado and trying to get a better tow rig for projects and track days.

i am trying to get a budget valvetrain package together for the f22's.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

More than a few have moved on and are simply fans of this community. That alone shows that there's something here worth fixing!

Comment

i have always tried to be polite to the newbies but i know i have snapped a few times. then again i haven't exactly been here as long as some of the guys and haven't seen as many people posting the same questions over and over. i will make more of an effort that if i feel the need to go off on someone i will just leave the thread.
                            1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                            1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                            1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                            1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

In for some changes

Its good to see the issue be recognized rather than ignored. I for one can say that the general conversation has not been very engaging lately and the overall negative has been a downer.

The ideas and suggestions coming about in the thread, as well as the general response on the forum has been noticeable. As long as there is some follow through from the members and the notion of being more positive is not forgotten- I think things will straighten out.

Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

i always check this site as one of my round of "sites to check when i wake up" list..i honestly perusing through the technical thread etc or seeing what kinda wacky thread is on the OT area...I'm just glad if anything thing will continue to improve!

Lou's Build Thread!
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                                "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Working...
                                X