I Need More Rear Seat Legroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need More Rear Seat Legroom

The biggest issue I have these days with the CB7 is the rear seat leg room. My son is pushing 6 foot and my last daughter is passing 5'9"; I'm 6'5", so they don't fit behind me any more. After replacing the quarter panels on my 90, I've had thoughts of doing this:

Just need a sedan and coupe to slice 'n dice, coupe doors are 10 inches longer than the sedan front doors.

(I know, crude photoshop job)
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 05-03-2018, 03:38 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

So basically... a limo-ized CB with a coupe front and sedan rear doors?
    That would be awesome if you could pull it off!

And you have one tall family!

Comment

buy a wagon

Comment

Wagon don't have anymore rear seat room than sedans.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          Wagon don't have anymore rear seat room than sedans.
          oh haha, then it'd probably just be easier to buy a 4runner or something to use when you have to take your family places. It would be a lot of work to do what you're trying to do I think.

Comment

yah no kidding.

my friend has a 94 EX wagon and it has good leg room in the back even when the seats are slouched like a baws! compared to the CB anyway, i feel your pain, luckily i have small friends haha, but sometimes its like i got 4 doors and roll 2 deep yo!

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Buy an acura legend, they have a ton more space than the cb7.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                So basically... a limo-ized CB with a coupe front and sedan rear doors?
                That would be awesome if you could pull it off!

And you have one tall family!
                I actually think this idea is pretty cool. Stretched CB. Call it an Accord EX-L lol

Comment

haha the thing is if you did get streched, i know it wouldnt stay as a daily.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                  It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I'd love to see it done. It's essentially the same concept as making a stretched limo, only not stretching as far... so it IS possible. It's just a matter of justifying the cost. Buying a larger car would certainly be a more economical choice... but a larger car isn't going to be a CB!

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Buy an acura legend, they have a ton more space than the cb7.
                      I was actually looking for a Legend when I found the 93 LX sedan. I don't remember them having much more legroom than the Accord, just a longer front end for the engine. They did feel like a much larger car when driving it.

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
                      oh haha, then it'd probably just be easier to buy a 4runner or something to use when you have to take your family places. It would be a lot of work to do what you're trying to do I think.
                      That's what we use the Lincoln for on nice days, but I thought it would be cool to stretch a CB. My coupe was too wrecked to use for the front half. We use the van when the other three daughters are home.
                      Last edited by Fleetw00d; 10-23-2012, 09:17 PM.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Longer doors wouldn't create any leg room man...
                        (joke)

LOL
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Registering/insuring a modified frame might be a pain... and expensive. Just a heads up.

Comment

This looks like a neat idea and my brother can't sit in the backseat of my car either he's over 6ft tall too. My cousin wasn't far behind him before my uncle stopped talking to us.
                            1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                            1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                            1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                            1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                              I was actually looking for a Legend when I found the 93 LX sedan. I don't remember them having much more legroom than the Accord, just a longer front end for the engine. They did feel like a much larger car when driving it.

What year? A 91-95 has significantly more leg room than a cb7, currently i own both and everyone who's ridden in both agrees that the legend is MUCH more roomy.

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                              Registering/insuring a modified frame might be a pain... and expensive. Just a heads up.
                              You would register it before hand and insure it as a regular cb7

Comment

Working...
                              X