This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
    If you don’t go to court or provide the information they request in the time frame they ask or not in what they would consider a timely manner they issue a warrant, and/or take your license. It’s happed to me more than once.

Washington state hasn’t just taken your license in WA, they have taken you license period. Here in MO driving without a license or while suspended you go to jail and they tow your car. I’ve been there too.

Either way if you know that Washington has suspended your DL then your are driving while suspended in MD. Thats that no matter what state your in.

EDIT: I imagine you only have a MD driver’s license. If you know they suspended your drivers license like you stated earlier then the only license they can suspend is your MD license. Not like it would matter if you had a DL in 5 states. To have your driver’s license pulled in one state means you don’t have a driver’s license in any state.

If that were not the case people could just move out of state to get away from shit they get themselves into.
    My license got suspended in wisconsin and only wisconsin, it said in the letter that it's only wisconsin

Comment

And if you don't give them a copy of your insurance in the time frame they tell you, in their eyes, you're lying and you don't have insurance. They figure, if you had it, you would have done what they ask in the time they told you. That, or called and asked for more time. Unfortunately, I think you're fucked.

Another thing they'll tell you, ignorance is no excuse. If you're traveling to a different state, you should at least read their laws and regulations.

Looks like you either get to send them 600 dollars or come back to Washington state for court. I don't think an attorney would get you out of this ticket. You were given a chance to make it right, you didn't, for whatever reason.

Comment

If you don't pay the fine and don't show to court you will most likely have a warrant for your arrest, whenever you are pulled over, wherever you may be.

That warrant will show up and you will be arrested until the agency that issued the warrant either extradites you or clears it. (Clearing it just means they wont go and take custody of you not that your problems are over with)

I'd recommend calling the court over in WA and ask if you can fax proof of insurance dating back to when you got the ticket, probably too late by now but its worth a shot.
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
          My license got suspended in wisconsin and only wisconsin, it said in the letter that it's only wisconsin
          This is exactly my case. WI hasn't taken my TX license and I'm going on 5 years.

For minor moving violations or basic infractions I have been told by the local PD that in WI my driving privledges are revoked in WI and a bench warrant has been issued in that state. They will not expedite me from TX to WI, being that doing that is more expensive than my ticket is worth. If I get pulled over in WI, I am going to jail as long as it is within the statute of limitations. I'm not paying WI a red cent for a 5 over speeding ticket and they have yet to come get me or take my license.

Comment

Nine-Deuce is right, just because you didnt want to or you forgot to fax over the insurance card, isnt any excuse.

also common sense would tell you to carry all of your papers on you because youre gunna go cross country.

and to answer your question: Yes your license is suspended. because all the police officer has to do is run your license and if Washington State issues a warrant for you, they will probably either, arrest you and throw you in jail, or give you a "driving while on a suspended license ticket"

good luck.

Comment

Do you have real world experience of that RaginAsian?

My real world experience says otherwise, Oh I also have a speeding ticket in MN from two years ago. Still valid in TX. I just got a letter in the mail yesterday about it. I'm still valid in TX...

Now if you commit a felony, yes they will extradite you, a moving violation they won't.

Your insurance will find out about it, mine did...

Comment

I don't know about all the legalities surrouding the current issue, but Tippey dude you def should keep your shit in your car even though MD doesn't need it(No idea why not, most other places do)

What's done is done.

I am pretty sure that since you DO NOT have a WA license, when they say your priveledges have been suspended in WA that means your MD license...

Obv they took down your info when they pulled you and cited you, so they are suspending the license they have on file...not some WA one that doesn't exist.

If you have checked your MD license against MD database and it's good, then im not sure but I would just settle the WA issue.

If you refuse to pay the fine out of being to proud(because its not a scam, you broke a local law in WA, regardless of whether or not those laws apply or make sense in MD)

You may feel its a money making scheme or ridiculous....and that's why you have the right to fight it....so call a lawyer.

May end up being more then just paying the fine.

If they issue a warrant(which they can and WILL eventually do), you WILL be arrested when they finally catch up with you....and at that point it will be AT LEAST double what you owe now.

Comment

Ralphie, in my case WI has done nothing more than issue a bench warrant, bench warrants from other states do not show on TX computers. MN on the other hand reported me to a debt collections agency. Yes, my credit was affected, no it's not right... but I really don't care.. My right to drive in MN and WI is suspended, but I have never ran into a problem in TX. Again my tickets are years old and I am still valid.

MN and WI will most likely get some $$ from me, but it will be on my terms.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                    Ralphie, in my case WI has done nothing more than issue a bench warrant, bench warrants from other states do not show on TX computers. MN on the other hand reported me to a debt collections agency. Yes, my credit was affected, no it's not right... but I really don't care.. My right to drive in MN and WI is suspended, but I have never ran into a problem in TX. Again my tickets are years old and I am still valid.

MN and WI will most likely get some $$ from me, but it will be on my terms.
                    Well we all make our own decisions in life and Im not going to sit here and try to explain to you the err of your ways.

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                    A bench warrant is a variant of an arrest warrant that authorizes the immediate on-sight arrest of the individual subject to the bench warrant. Typically, judges issue bench warrants for persons deemed to be in contempt of court—possibly as a result of that person's failure to appear at the appointed time and date for a mandated court appearance. Bench warrants are issued in either criminal or civil court proceedings.

Commonly (but not always), the person who is subject to a bench warrant has intentionally avoided a court appearance to escape the perceived consequences of being found guilty of a crime. If a person was on bail awaiting criminal trial when the nonappearance took place, the court usually forfeits bail and may set a higher bail amount to be paid when the subject is rearrested, but normally the suspect is held in custody without bail. If a person has a bench warrant against him when stopped by a law enforcement officer, the authorities put them in jail and a hearing is held. The hearing usually results in the court setting a new bail amount, new conditions, and a new court appearance date. Often, if a person is arrested on a bench warrant, the court declares them a flight risk (likely to flee) and orders that person to be held without bail.

Bench warrants are traditionally issued by sitting judges or magistrates.
                    I am not a lawyer, and in fact the ONLY one registered on this site to my knowledge is Val, who doesn't really post anymore.

Unless you can show me TX code that states you are good, eventually it will catch up to you.

Sometimes it takes a long ass time, but Tx is not exempt from out of state infractions(unless they did Suceed and I missed it LOL)

As far as your credit, the attitude of not caring is just silly.

Credit issues should be avoided at all costs. There is no valid reason for allowing anything to ruin your credit.

You broke a law in another state and should have just paid the fine.

Yes it sucks, and no one likes it, but its just how it goes.

So instead of just paying it and being done with it, not only is your credit on the line, but if it makes it to Tx computers, you will be ripped out of your vehicle(maybe at gunpoint) and your vehicle towed.

Just not worth it imo.

I avoid tickets outright, my military ID and Federal ID help, but I generally just avoid getting pulled over, but obv Ive been ticketed before.

And one last note....

I got a ticket in GA that I forgot to pay while I was serving in the Army....

Had a FL drivers license...

they suspended that shit and I had to wire my mom money so she could go pay it for me in person with a POA, so my license wouldn't be suspended.

It comes around eventually my friends.

Stay classy.

Comment

From life experience I learned that it varies from state to state so best of luck to you!!

WA has fucked with me in NE before over unpaid restitution. Not sure if they would do the same, but the meaningless threat of arrest if I went to Washington eventually turned into them taking my income tax return and forcing me to pay up. The warrant went away, I never got arrested.

Just keep that shit in mind.
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I don't see why they would put a warrant out, that seems stupid as fuck. I never requested a court date so it's not like I didn't show up to court. In maryland if you don't pay the fine you're just suspended pending you pay it. I'm going to call the mva ( DMV in our state ) and ask them.

Comment

They wouldn't put a warrant out well not around here. My sister got her license pulled in MO but before she did she moved to KS a week before it happend. She got a KS License. This was 4 years ago. She still is unable to get a MO license cause it's suspended but rocks a KS license everyday with no issues over they having got speeding tickets and everything. Their are some states that have sister laws though. Meaning they have the right to pull your license from your current state. This is very rare though. Usually only have the power of that state.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                            I don't see why they would put a warrant out, that seems stupid as fuck. I never requested a court date so it's not like I didn't show up to court. In maryland if you don't pay the fine you're just suspended pending you pay it. I'm going to call the mva ( DMV in our state ) and ask them.
                            If your calling the MD MVA and inquiring about WA MVA, they are going to be rude and tell you to call WA LOL.

In most places the MVA has no time for anyone and are usually miserable as fuck.

You start calling there about WA questions and they are going to be like "boy I ain't got time for that shizz".

Comment

Im not saying this applies to your state, but every state I have lived in if you owes fines/restitution and you dont pay up within the allotted time they issue a bench warrant.

Just call them and ask. They can tell you whats up. I got a ticket from a robot for running a red light once and I refused to pay and they didn't issue a warrant. They sent it to collections and I had to pay it so it didn't fuck with my credit.

Cocksuckers have a different way to fuck with you in every state
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

a crime was committed and you failed to comply with the regulations and now you are facing the consequences.

what is the problem, grow up and act like an adult.
                                ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Working...
                                X