Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think war in Korea is going to happen again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
    I held off voting on your poll the first time.
    Now, I voted yes.
    It seems inevitable. Someone will fire a missile, and the troops will begin fighting.
    I think either today or April 15th.
    I kind of think its a couple weeks out yet.

I also think if we had a different president, we would already be in conflict. Time will tell if this is the right path or not.

In my opinion, a republican pres would've blown up those missiles as soon as they were pointed in our general direction. Maybe I'm wrong, but, we invaded 2 countries based on theory alone last time we had a rep pres.

There were no weapons of mass destruction, and we still went ape shit.

These MOFOS are seriously pointing missiles at our troops and shit. Whats the deal here? I realize the confidence is there that the US would/will/can stomp N korea.

What exactly are they waiting for, the 700,000 soldiers the North has 50 miles away from seoul to start marching? I think the reaction will/would be too little too late.

Can you imagine 700,000 people invading a city the size of NY and shooting everyone? They have tunnels and shit that run from N Korea to Seoul. Who knows how many soldiers/tunnels or whatever would be in motion. 700,000 soldiers invade the South, another million are waiting in North Korea for the fight to come to them. There are soo many pairs of boots in the equation, that, I think they need to shore up the problem before they are fighting in cities to repel the Norths attack.

If they occupy Seoul even if briefly, we are going to have to flatten square miles to get them to leave. Sure, we can do that.

Millions of people will die though.

So my question, what exactly are they waiting for?

I think they should flatten the DMZ, the missile locations we know about, the nuclear site we are aware of, and basically set them back a decade in developement and call it a day.

Rather than waiting for a boot war to break out in S Korea, why not just pull out the giant pencil eraser and start going nuts on the N Korean map?
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Because then we are the agressors and we look bad.

Yes, I realize, that we usually look bad no matter which angle we take, but trust me the world did not take to kindly to our Iraq invasion.

The last thing we need is to look like we are war mongerers that jump at the chance to invade countries. Some may already think that way, ok whatever, but it's a real fine line.

I think you really underestimate the South.

Yes the confidence is there because we have been since the end of the war, but the South are no slouches.

Trust me the North won't make it very far before the South along with us, slow them to a crawl.

I believe it's about a two hour drive from the DMZ to Seoul.

They won't make it to Seoul, trust me.

And don't be naive and think the tunnels are only the Norths lol.

Im telling you brother.

A year spent there opened my eyes greatly.

All I can say, is im hella fucking excited because this all means the end of yet another regime and the resinatement of families and normalcy to a wonderful country and people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        Because then we are the agressors and we look bad.

Yes, I realize, that we usually look bad no matter which angle we take, but trust me the world did not take to kindly to our Iraq invasion.

The last thing we need is to look like we are war mongerers that jump at the chance to invade countries. Some may already think that way, ok whatever, but it's a real fine line.

I think you really underestimate the South.

Yes the confidence is there because we have been since the end of the war, but the South are no slouches.

Trust me the North won't make it very far before the South along with us, slow them to a crawl.

I believe it's about a two hour drive from the DMZ to Seoul.

They won't make it to Seoul, trust me.

And don't be naive and think the tunnels are only the Norths lol.

Im telling you brother.

A year spent there opened my eyes greatly.

All I can say, is im hella fucking excited because this all means the end of yet another regime and the resinatement of families and normalcy to a wonderful country and people.

I don't know, maybe its just me but it seems like enough has happened at this point that we wouldn't look that aggressive. My opinion anyways.

And yeah, Im not doubting the might of the South. But, keep in mind their military has been held back because they depend on us(USA) to protect them. Its not like they have nuclear weapons of their own. Its not like they have any sort of missile protection aside from what we have offered or sold to them.

And the reason I say flatten shit out now, is if we wait for something to respond to, the shit has already hit the fan. If the shit hits the fan, it won't be on N Korean soil at least initially. The people that die in that act, don't have to die if we just make sure the fighting happens on N Korean soil instead of S Korean soil.

Why not just keep the fight in N Korea? There are 10+ million people that live in Seoul, and its just barely 233 sq miles in size. They say a 1 megaton nuclear bomb will kill anyone and anything within a 62.5 mile circle from the point of detonation.

So, 62.5 miles in 360 degrees of direction, or, basically all of Seoul could fall, the entire civilization, if a 1 megaton bomb went off in the middle.

The last nuclear test by N Korea yielded was no where near a megaton, but still. In 2009 the testing showed something upwards of 20 k-tons and I don't really think anyone knows how powerfull their weapons are now. Why take the chance?

What if they fire their weapon, and we get discredited because we were unable to shoot it down? How does the world view us after that?

I just don't see what there is to gain by waiting for them to make the first move, when you are talking about millions of innocent people in the crossfire. Thats all I am saying.
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Ya you have very valid points. like I said, we will look bad no matter what we do, as such is our destiny for the foreseeable future.

At this point, I don't think we can literally afford another war. What with our economy and all the bs going on with fed govt, not to mention the millions of soldiers who have not fully realized the damage they have endured and will need treatment for over the next 50 years or so.

Im the first to jump to defend this country and I served, but because of that, I know how thin we are right now, and if we have to defend democracy and an ally such as SK, then we will, but I don't think we are in a position to say fuck it and go marching in and wipe out NK. 11 years ago, sure. Not now.

And again, yes SK has defense in place to deal with a war all on their own without the US.

They have a complete military with naval and air force, and they have tech and an augmented service that trains alongside US forces.

So while its a no brainer with us in the picture, im confident that they could hold their own if they had too, so I don't think it will be the blood bath some make it out to be, unless NK does something really crazy.

And if they drop a 1MT bomb on Seoul, realistically it's our own fault anyway because we created the bomb and then used it in front of the entire world.

The "let's all dismantle our Nuclear supply" argument is going to be a tough one for countries that don't see things our way.

Comment

Today is the last day the DPRK can provide "protection" for foreign embassies and foreigners who live and/or visiting ROK. So maybe war starts tomorrow?

I'm looking forward to us bombing the shit out of them, then storming the gates. I'll be the first to raise my hand to augment the existing Active Duty.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

To me honestly I think its just all political bullshit. Who is indeed have the strength to do whatever they want but I honestly think that the suffer from Napoleon complex with have to feel better than everyone else in the world and look down on them. Basically if there was a real war then it would be simple and it just would have happened by now but all this talk is just feeble it's time to take action.

I honestly think that the war was to occur at all already it's just people have been conflicting issues and talking out of the ass honestly I don't see this no different than settling score on a video game. Honestly think that they should just sit down like a dove into separate rooms or settle this over a nice game of Call of Duty and call it a day and go back to sleep. Just with dealing with childish issues like this I think the people should not be involved honestly because its over nonsense.
              Last edited by h22sparkle; 04-10-2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Usa usa usa.

I read/ heard on the news. Can't believe all the say, but they wanted 2 strike this week. Aimin towards the west coast, and texas.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I'm tired of these damn threats.

They are way out of pocket, and we are at the point where we may throw the first blow out of being defensive. It's called offensive defense.

I don't want to see a war, I don't want to instigate a war, but we will protect ours at all cost. Right now, American lives are in danger from threats.

We are ready, set, and... (Ummm Hmmmnmm)

We tried to be humble this time as opposed to being a bullying nation.
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I'm in favor of a strike first mentality myself. I feel like if we bomb them into rubble, ROK boots on the ground can handle the rest. I mean it's pretty much a wrap that our satellites know where all the missile sites are. We stealth laser bomb them first, then the critical posts along with Pyongyang; South Korea can have an easy mop up.
                    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                      I'm in favor of a strike first mentality myself. I feel like if we bomb them into rubble, ROK boots on the ground can handle the rest. I mean it's pretty much a wrap that our satellites know where all the missile sites are. We stealth laser bomb them first, then the critical posts along with Pyongyang; South Korea can have an easy mop up.
                      Exactly!
                      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Following todays announcement of the exact same thing as last time, I propose this:
                        MRT
                        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                        Originally posted by Tippey764
                        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Following todays announcement of the exact same thing as last time, I propose this:
                          Entirely possible too!

I do think that since the threat is valid, we (The USA) should act as though it is valid.

The boy who cried wolf eventually regretted it too. For christs sake, these assholes are pointing missiles at us!!

My thoughts;

So much is going on in the world right now with war in different countries. Someone is straight up calling us out. We probably should shut that shit down, before other countries follow suit. In a sense, N Korea is trying to bully the region. They are trying to show force and have a genuine determination to make people distraught if nothing else.

You could call it psychological warfare-and its working.

Millions of people are now living in constant fear all over the world because of these "empty threats" if thats all that they are anyways. Those damages are still real. The money being spent to prepare/defend the situation is real. To me, enough is enough already. With everything else going on in the world, we really need to show the world not to pull more shit like this OR ELSE.

And, I also think the idea of keeping the fighting on N Korean soil is much better than allowing any sort of conflict to errupt somewhere else. Then you not only worry about containing the fight there, you have to focus moving it back to N Korea anyways.

Why give up that control in the first place? Dictating where the fighting happens can give you a strategic upper hand if you can maintain control. At the least, I think they need to send in a couple dozen drones and missile strike all known targets containing weapons.

At the least they should do this. My opinion anyways. Set them back 10-15 years and re-think how to handle this next time.

Comment

Let me pose this to play devil's advocate-

What if we do a strike first to show the world our "might".

And then the world turns on us, or just Russia or even China?

Hindsight is always 20/20.

You can't even imagine what things may take place?

Like Abu Graib or the rape and murder of innocent Iraqis....

so what im saying is if we can barely afford to start shit with NK, and we decide to take a proactive approach and it backfires and now we have real shit with another country, then what do we do?

I know i know, bomb them all lol. Not that easy.

I think taking a backseat approach and letting them mar their own image is the best.

We will make a smart strike when it's 100% necessary so we don't have half the backlash we did from the Iraq war.

At least that's how I hope it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                              Let me pose this to play devil's advocate-

What if we do a strike first to show the world our "might".

And then the world turns on us, or just Russia or even China?

Hindsight is always 20/20.

You can't even imagine what things may take place?

Like Abu Graib or the rape and murder of innocent Iraqis....

so what im saying is if we can barely afford to start shit with NK, and we decide to take a proactive approach and it backfires and now we have real shit with another country, then what do we do?

I know i know, bomb them all lol. Not that easy.

I think taking a backseat approach and letting them mar their own image is the best.

We will make a smart strike when it's 100% necessary so we don't have half the backlash we did from the Iraq war.

At least that's how I hope it goes.
                              Start the draft. Rally the nation.
                              Propaganda (that may be true) that if we lose, there will be no more US.

Just do it like in WW2
                              MRT
                              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                              Originally posted by Tippey764
                              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Start the draft. Rally the nation.
                                Propaganda (that may be true) that if we lose, there will be no more US.

Just do it like in WW2
                                LOL.

Except it's not 1942.

I highly doubt a draft would ever come back.

And if it did, while there are plenty of people who would serve, I think people aren't or wouldn't be in it like they did in the 40's.

So much has changed, and people have different reservations.

Back then it was worrying that we would be wiped out and we had to fight to keep our lives.

Now it would be this whole big ordeal and there is so much bs involved.

Idk, I don't think it would be easy as easy.

Women(to my knowledge) had no real qualms about going and working in factories to back the war and keep things going.

I mean my wifes grandparents wedding invtation actually has a note about a curfew because of the war....

could you imagine placing curfew on this country in 2013? LOL.

It's just not the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X