Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's see some unlikely enthusiast cars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I actually find it disappointing that he'd do that to a GLHS. I'd rather see a base Omni swapped like that. The GLHS is a rare bird!
    I saw a 2012 1987 Omni GLHS two years ago. One of the Chrysler execs wanted a new one so he had Prefix Build one. Got a body, cleaned, stripped, and repainted it. Then every single part was brand new down to the interior and wires. It was awesome. Exactly like it came off the line 25 years ago. And black of course.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Ford Contour SVT

I never had an SVT, but I owned 3 Contours, and I absolutely loved them.

I had a '95 Contour with the 2.5L V6 and a 5 speed. 170hp stock. These things were quick. I turned mine into an SVT clone. I put all the SVT engine parts on it except for the cylinder heads.

A common engine swap on these cars is the 3.0L Vulcan V6 from a Taurus. A met a guy who lived hear me with an SVT that he put a 3.0 into and took me for a ride. Yeah. That was fun.

BTW, those Berettas above are quite impressive.
      Last edited by crazymikey; 03-29-2013, 11:26 PM.

Comment

This guy has a pretty sick cavalier.

The owner has it pulled apart right now, it's getting caged, boosted, and rhd swapped.

I've also always had a weird attraction to galants..

Street-Spec

Comment

A local guy has a crazy VR-4 Galant. It's pretty awesome.
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

How about the '90s Saturn SL cars? I've seen a bunch of these riced/modded.

A friend had one in high school. I was quite impressed with it. Decently quick. Very comfortable. I like dhow it drove. Honestly, I could live with one of these for my own car.

Now this is funny.....I just randomlu found this searching "saturn sl custom". This Saturn lives in the next subdivision over from me. 2 years ago they resprayed it red. It used to be white with red/black stripes. From where it's parked, looks like this photo was taken at the local Street Wheelers Show N Shine at the park downtown.

I think the wagons are cool. There's a guy on my street with a nice white one with tinted windows and some 17" wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
              I own a euro 3.1 lumina with a semi rare 5spd auto (4spd with OD) honestly a quick tank for what it was no problems lighten the tires up.
              My mom had the 3.4L Eurosport. She's owned a few of this gen lumina, then swapped to a 98 LTZ and hated it.

Originally posted by belac515 View Post
              I'm digging his JDM Cavalier tail lights. Nicely done.
              92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
              2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                My mom had the 3.4L Eurosport. She's owned a few of this gen lumina, then swapped to a 98 LTZ and hated it.
                Mine has a running issue has been parked for 3 years, i'll eventually look into the problem but no lie was a runner, transmission helped alot.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I dig that cavalier, however Cavaliers are not really unlikely tuner cars. They're pretty much the American equivalent to a Civic.

My roommate just sold a '95 Monte Carlo Z34 today. He snapped the timing belt and grenaded the motor. Car was mint otherwise. Guy came and picked it up for $500. That could fit in with the Berettas in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    I dig that cavalier, however Cavaliers are not really unlikely tuner cars. They're pretty much the American equivalent to a Civic.
                    True, but 98% of them are terribly riced out.
                    Street-Spec

Comment

Just like Civics...

Pick your flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                        A local guy has a crazy VR-4 Galant. It's pretty awesome.
                        Are galants known for being good reliable cars? Thing is, we found this 97' auto with 90,000 miles on it. Drives great and is only 2500. Gonna be looking to get it this monday. I don't know about the reliability though.
                        “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                        ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

I have no clue on any pre-2002 Mitsubishis, since I live in Canada and they've only sold them here since 2002. I work at a Mitsu dealer, and I can say that the most current Galants, which have the 2.4 or 3.8 engines are absolutely fantastic, as they share their engines with the Lancer GTS/AWC and the Endeavor.

Overall, Mitsu is a pretty damn reliable and solid brand. Just don't buy a 4G63.

If the car has been well maintained, I don't think it should pose any significant issues down the road. I will suggest that if you do require any work done at a dealership or parts bought from a dealer, try to go to a dealer that is not independently owned. All I can say is price gouge. I speak from experience at the one I work at.
                          Last edited by crazymikey; 03-30-2013, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Correction, dont buy a ragged on or stupidly modified 4g63 especially a 7bolt.

As far as mitsubishi's go i had a 97 mirage absolutely beat the piss out of it my senior year of high school ever single second of the day probably 50passes at the drag strip aswell, it was a damn trooper. I'd buy a mitsubishi in a heartbeat.

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

This is awesome, I had this idea yesterday while driving and searched for a thread about random enthusiasts, really cool stepping outside the box with a build like these guys

I dig the galants especially a clean vr4, that contour SVT is pretty sick too, i work at a ford dealership and have yet to see one of those lol

8 Accords so far:
                              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Are we talking just America? One of my favorite overlooked cars in this country is the Merkur XR4Ti. While the Ford Sierra Cosworths were part of the iconic group of "Fast Fords" in Europe, I rarely see Merkurs driving around here. It's always a treat. Though they do have an enthusiast following.

Converted to a Group 5 racer

Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-30-2013, 02:50 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X