Nice to see everyone's still alive and shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accordtunerx View Post
    93accordexcoupe and AccordWarrior - great to hear from you both. Would love to see the "back in the day" pictures, Mike
    Here ya go.

Comment

still here! sort of anyways.

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

Haha shit should we call this the "O.G" thread??

Hi Steve!

Its been a while. Believe it or not most of you guys were inspirational to me and made me make my car better. The only person missing is maple! Lol.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yeah man, i remember staring at steves car in keyboarding class in hs finally realizing that cbs had any potential at all haha. my 10 year hs reunion is next month! LOL

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Welcome back Steve! I still want meat balls that you Mike and Jason had while swapping engines lol.

Comment

Yeah I'm still here to as an o.g I'm slightly out of the game with the next car I have.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Mike. That accident photo is ancient. I don't even know if I have that one anymore.

J-specCb4... that's a name I remember

Ztech.. what's goin on? Man, this is O.G. for sure. All we need now is Maple, Wikked, Xplode, Fizz... all the crazy cats who've gone and disappeared into the world.

Mauricio! I could have my dad cook some, vacuum seal and ship them to you, but they're never as good as fresh-from-the-oven. You'll just have to wait for the next engine swap party.

Sparkle, I remember you being one of the first on the board who actually had a swap. Good checking in, hope all is well
                Last edited by accordtunerx; 03-06-2014, 10:01 AM.

Comment

What the hell is a nomadic artist?
                  Originally posted by wed3k
                  im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

A vagabond, basically.

Steve is going to be the Kerouac of the Silver Screen!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      A vagabond, basically.

Steve is going to be the Kerouac of the Silver Screen!
                      I hear there are nice benefits to that profession but the retirement stinks.

LOL
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                        I hear there are nice benefits to that profession but the retirement stinks.
                        It's not for everyone, but it is for me.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx View Post
                          It's not for everyone, but it is for me.
                          Its all good man.

Now that I am in my 40's, I realize that if I had no kids, no wife and nothing tying me down, I would likely go off the grid and live in some abandoned mining cabin deep in the forest and roll the dice on being self sufficient.

Basically, live like the unibomber but for "normal" reasons.

Society can kiss my ass basically.

LOL

Whatever. Different strokes for different folks right. I get that.

I hope it all works out for you in the end man!

Comment

Good to see you're doing well Steve!

Not a day goes by that someone on here doesn't sing your praises on just how awesome this forum is, no doubt in major part to Deev, but because of the direction you put it in from day one.

A lot of people have come and went, but the core group seems to stay the same and of course what makes this place great has not changed at all.

Comment

If it wasnt for this board i probably would have sold the car long time ago!

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                                Not a day goes by that someone on here doesn't sing your praises on just how awesome this forum is, no doubt in major part to Deev, but because of the direction you put it in from day one.
                                Indeed. It was the overall vibe of this site that Steve created that made it what it is. I've done my best over the years to maintain that (difficult as it may be at times, with the larger member base, the older/cheaper cars, etc...)
                                There was a time not long ago where I lost sight of that. Things began to annoy me, and frustrations in my personal life began to bleed into my attitude on here. It's amazing how the attitude of just one prominent person (not even someone in charge, just active...) can affect the overall mood of the site!
                                I honestly have toycar to thank for snapping me out of that. Since he joined, I've admired his insight and experience, and the level of detail he brings to his technical posts. He PMed me at one point, saying that he didn't like how things were around here, and that he was leaving. I asked him to reconsider, and made an effort to change the overall mood of the site... starting with myself.

This feeling of family and community, the feeling of pride... that all started with Steve.

Comment

Working...
                                X