A lucky find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lucky find!

Well I had to brag about this to somebody, and while my girlfriend understands how much I love my car, she doesn't share the same enthusiasm...

I walked into a junk yard yesterday hoping to find a color matched front driver interior door panel, the old panel and door handle were destroyed before I bought the car so it was on my to do list. The first CB I looked at was front end wrecked, covered in moss, and missing any important interior I was hoping for...

The very next row had a SE model that caught my eye, gold exterior with tinted windows. It was In great shape aside from a pole doing a number on the rear bumper. I opened the door and found a 119k mile odometer reading along with full leather interior and door panels, every bolt and clip was exactly where it should be. I was like a kid in a candy store, I tore the entire thing apart in a half hour and came home with this.

I paid a grand total of $81.90 for all of it, I would have taken the rear seat as well but I have a wagon and a coupe so it wouldn't have done me any good to take it unless I planned to sell it. I was so excited that I found these mint seats that I left all my tools in the car I was working on and had to run back in to get them... By that time there were already three guys on it tearing off the matching set of wheels with 90 percent tread on them, one of them was sitting on the floor pumping the brakes and checking out my stuff.

It's going in today, but I had to tell somebody!

Wow, the previous owner really took care of their interior. Great find

Comment

Wagon rear doors are the same as the sedan's then?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Very lucky! Nice.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          Wagon rear doors are the same as the sedan's then?
          Yes. They at least call for the same sheet metal on Majestic's site.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Very nice find! How bad was the pole damage? Most likely the car shoulda never been junked if it just backed into a pole LOL.......

Comment

That is an awesome find!

I imagine finding the rear wagon seat in leather would be a little harder to find. if they even came in leather.

Comment

Lucky indeed.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Lucky, I never find anything "rare" in the junkyards yet everyone else who have cbs find fogs etc... my buddy bought a cb and found fogs a week later. I've had my cb for 10 years now.......
                  93 Honda Accord Lx
                  Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
                    That is an awesome find!

I imagine finding the rear wagon seat in leather would be a little harder to find. if they even came in leather.
                    Thanks I thought so!

I am not sure that a wagon with leather was ever produced, but I would be all over it if I were to find one.

As far as the pole damage goes it was minimal and could have been repaired by replacing the bumper, the trunk and spoiler were not even touched! The lot screwed up on this one, big time!

Comment

Great find! I absolutely love junkyards, thats where I scored my black se door panels. I just wish we had nice weather like you guys, weve had snow on the ground forever and it makes going to the yards a real pain in the ass

Comment

Originally posted by blackenwkn View Post
                        Lucky, I never find anything "rare" in the junkyards yet everyone else who have cbs find fogs etc... my buddy bought a cb and found fogs a week later. I've had my cb for 10 years now.......
                        Don't worry you're not the only one with that kind of luck..... I had a hard time finding a dash trim that wasn't cracked and have never even seen a cb in a junkyard that has or had foglights.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Working...
                        X